IGNORED

30 Years Ago Today

Maltshoveller

Is he!?!? I did not live in her era but from the sounds of it, she was not a particularly pleasant character...

Gordon Brown and his Labour Party cronies certainly are planning a state funeral - not at their expense but as your expense as a taxpayer. Please click on the link below......

http://www.newstatesman.com/uk-politics/20...thatcher-labour

There is no agreement to give the milk snatching witch a state funeral at all, the article RG links is a make believe story with no quotes in that just re-writes a Daily Mail piece. There has been no "announcement" from Gordon Brown.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/au...argaretthatcher

http://news.BBC.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7538482.stm

Any government knows that is a guaranteed opinion poll wipeout.

There is no agreement to give the milk snatching witch a state funeral at all, the article RG links is a make believe story with no quotes in that just re-writes a Daily Mail piece. There has been no "announcement" from Gordon Brown.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/au...argaretthatcher

http://news.BBC.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7538482.stm

Any government knows that is a guaranteed opinion poll wipeout.

In the two links you gave it seems that Thatcher will get a state funeral at taxpayers' (our) expense. Ms Harman, who has been "minding the shop" during Mr Brown's holiday this week, declined to say whether she thought the former Conservative leader should have a state funeral. OK, let's remember that the Labour Party Toff lawyer Harriett Harman QC is just as anti working man as Margaret Thatcher. Ms Harman was recently highlighted by the Father's for Justice movement as being "anti-father".

Guest MaloneFM

If this is the case then Churchill who was widely seen as a historical figure who singly handedly defeated the hun while drunk and incapable in a bunker miles away from any real fighting. And lost the post war election when by rights he should have strolled it.

He Also got a state funeral.

Tell you what put down what you actually did while Thatcher was in power to combat her ideals and you have earned the right to boot the old bird and cheer as much as you like at her funeral. Billy Bragg therefore deserves a prime seat at the very front of the cheering section such was his opposition, alongside Dennis Skinner.

But if like old Winston you stayed in the bunker when the bombs fell you have no right to bang on about what a complete cow she was and dance on her grave.

And before the rightous indignation begins there is no comparison between her and Hitler. He actually destroyed Europe and several million Jews by industrial methods. Just so you know.

If this is the case then Churchill who was widely seen as a historical figure who singly handedly defeated the hun while drunk and incapable in a bunker miles away from any real fighting. And lost the post war election when by rights he should have strolled it.

He Also got a state funeral.

Tell you what put down what you actually did while Thatcher was in power to combat her ideals and you have earned the right to boot the old bird and cheer as much as you like at her funeral. Billy Bragg therefore deserves a prime seat at the very front of the cheering section such was his opposition, alongside Dennis Skinner.

But if like old Winston you stayed in the bunker when the bombs fell you have no right to bang on about what a complete cow she was and dance on her grave.

And before the rightous indignation begins there is no comparison between her and Hitler. He actually destroyed Europe and several million Jews by industrial methods. Just so you know.

Winston Churchill didn't destroy the manufacturing base of this country like Thatcher has done. OK, he was anti trades union during the 1920's General Strike but he actually worked with trades unionists during and after WWII. The greatness of Winston Churchill was seen in how he galvanised the people in the fight against the most ferocious enemy that England has ever seen - i.e. Hitler's Germany. He also helped get the Yanks in to help us when perhaps they could have just fought the Japanese instead.

To quote Ed Waugh again on Thatcher: "Her centralised government completely undermined UK manufacturing, destroyed jobs and local democracy and decimated communities. In the pursuit of greed, state assets were privatised, trade union activities were outlawed and council houses sold off. Even the lives of older people in care homes were auctioned off to the highest bidder."

.....are you honestly suggesting to me that Margaret Thatcher deserves a state funeral as Winston Churchill was given ????!!!!! :noexpression:

Guest MaloneFM
.....are you honestly suggesting to me that Margaret Thatcher deserves a state funeral as Winston Churchill was given ????!!!!! :noexpression:

Nope. Not at all.

But in the rose tinted spectacles that organizing committees wear when they sort this type of thing out certain misdemeanors are omitted. Nixon got a full pardon and a state funeral and he was a crook. Combined this with the number of votes it could attract the failing government of the day, expect a minute silence all across Clifton and Sneyd Park.

If we get a day off because of it as well-she was a smashing leader who loved children and knitting and will be sadly missed.

Nope. Not at all.

But in the rose tinted spectacles that organizing committees wear when they sort this type of thing out certain misdemeanors are omitted. Nixon got a full pardon and a state funeral and he was a crook. Combined this with the number of votes it could attract the failing government of the day, expect a minute silence all across Clifton and Sneyd Park.

If we get a day off because of it as well-she was a smashing leader who loved children and knitting and will be sadly missed.

Anyway, why should Thatcher be entitled to a state funeral? Thatcher never served in the military as Winston Churchill did. Winston Churchill served in our country's military for many years - so he was entitled to get a military funeral on a gun carriage for this fact as well as being a great statesman also....Commander Winston Churchill in 1914.....

arts-graphics-2008_1184683a.jpg

A young Winston Churchill as a Subaltern in the 4th Hussars, February, 1895. :englandsmile4wf: .....

winston-1896.jpg

amongst many many things I donated money to the Miners incuding 50% of meagre wages, did similar fund raising, was part of numerous marches (I recall a good anti Thatcher Tirade at Tollpuddle) and spoke to Billy Bragg about action and issues on a number of occasions - my pint will be well earnt although I am not quite sure what point you are trying to make Unc?

Clement Attlee ?

Clement Attlee certainly was a better Prime Minister than Maggie Thatcher as it was his Labour Government that gave us the NHS. Along with Churchill, he was also the last British Prime Minister with real power in world affairs. The big three in late 1945....Attlee, Truman and Stalin......

Potsdam_big_three.jpg

Clement Attlee certainly was a better Prime Minister than Maggie Thatcher as it was his Labour Government that gave us the NHS. Along with Churchill, he was also the last British Prime Minister with real power in world affairs. The big three in late 1945....Attlee, Truman and Stalin......

Potsdam_big_three.jpg

When it's realized the enormous problems that confronted Attlee's administration at the end of WW2 and how well they handled them,anyone saying that he is bettered by "by a country mile" by anyone else- Thatcher or Churchill included- really has not got the full picture.

Even Thatcher, with a totally different political philosophy, was a fan:-

"His leadership style of consensual government, acting as a chairman rather than a president, won him much praise from historians and politicians alike. Even Thatcherites confess to admiring him. Christopher Soames, a Cabinet Minister under Thatcher, remarked that "Mrs Thatcher was not really running a team. Every time you have a Prime Minister who wants to make all the decisions, it mainly leads to bad results. Attlee didn't. That's why he was so damn good."[16] Even Thatcher herself wrote in her 1995 memoirs, which charted her beginnings in Grantham to her victory in the 1979 General Election, that she admired Attlee saying: "Of Clement Attlee, however, I was an admirer. He was a serious man and a patriot. Quite contrary to the general tendency of politicians in the 1990s, he was all substance and no show".

And, of course, it's seems certain that his Foreign Secretary was a CITY fan !

When it's realized the enormous problems that confronted Attlee's administration at the end of WW2 and how well they handled them,anyone saying that he is bettered by "by a country mile" by anyone else- Thatcher or Churchill included- really has not got the full picture.

Even Thatcher, with a totally different political philosophy, was a fan:-

"His leadership style of consensual government, acting as a chairman rather than a president, won him much praise from historians and politicians alike. Even Thatcherites confess to admiring him. Christopher Soames, a Cabinet Minister under Thatcher, remarked that "Mrs Thatcher was not really running a team. Every time you have a Prime Minister who wants to make all the decisions, it mainly leads to bad results. Attlee didn't. That's why he was so damn good."[16] Even Thatcher herself wrote in her 1995 memoirs, which charted her beginnings in Grantham to her victory in the 1979 General Election, that she admired Attlee saying: "Of Clement Attlee, however, I was an admirer. He was a serious man and a patriot. Quite contrary to the general tendency of politicians in the 1990s, he was all substance and no show".

And, of course, it's seems certain that his Foreign Secretary was a CITY fan !

Clement Attlee was also No.2 to Winston Churchill in the wartime coalition government. Clement Attlee thus helped gived us the victory over the Hitlerite European Unionists. Margaret Thatcher was certainly no patriot and helped to sell us (the UK) down the river of European Union (then the EEC) domination from 1979-1990 during her time in office.

Harry Truman - No.2 to Roosevelt toward the end of the war - in my piccie is also very understated. I'm not sure there was a US President since the time of Lincoln to face so many problems. I.e. using the atom bomb against Japan to end the war; the sudden renewal of worker-management conflicts that had been dormant during the war years; severe shortages in housing and consumer products, and widespread dissatisfaction with inflation.

Happy days will be the name of the party I throw on the day that useless, bigotted and clueless old hag finally shuffles off this mortal coil.

The first pint will be on me. F*cking evil woman.

This is the only person in my lifetime for whom I intend to buy a bottle of champagne to celebrate her passing.

I don't even like champagne.

Black tie and arm band for me on that day :crying:

With the Euro elections coming up, let's not forget that it was Margaret Thatcher that - in an incredible act of High Treason - signed the Single European Act in 1986 to establish a single European market and it was her poodle - John Major - that agreed the Maastricht Treaty. The current economic crisis was created by Thatcherite discredited neo-liberal policies and now, under the Lisbon Treaty, they become constitutional goals thanks to Thatchers successors in our Lib-Lab-Con European Union loving Government.

Happy days will be the name of the party I throw on the day that useless, bigotted and clueless old hag finally shuffles off this mortal coil.

The first pint will be on me. F*cking evil woman.

I'll buy you a pint because I know that Sheffield suffered far worse than Bristol under Thatcher. For those that don't know - Sheffield had a world famous steel industry until Thatcher and her cronies had it destroyed.

This is the only person in my lifetime for whom I intend to buy a bottle of champagne to celebrate her passing.

I don't even like champagne.

Though I wasn't alive in that era, when she kicks the bucket I'll certainly have a celebratory pint.

With the Euro elections coming up, let's not forget that it was Margaret Thatcher that - in an incredible act of High Treason - signed the Single European Act in 1986 to establish a single European market and it was her poodle - John Major - that agreed the Maastricht Treaty. The current economic crisis was created by Thatcherite discredited neo-liberal policies and now, under the Lisbon Treaty, they become constitutional goals thanks to Thatchers successors in our Lib-Lab-Con European Union loving Government.

You slag maggie off for High Treason

but

Its ok for your idol Ollie !!

You slag maggie off for High Treason

but

Its ok for your idol Ollie !!

It's not only Thatcher guilty of treason - Heath, Blair, Major and Brown have been selling us down the river to the European Union as well. As for Ollie, dear old Oliver Cromwell and Co paid the price when the Royalists were reinstated. The Royalist Crown Prosecution Service lawyer ghouls had the bodies of the senior English Republicans dug up and had them posthumously hung. They couldn't defeat Oliver and Co in battle so had to mutilate their long dead corpses.

Guest Red Nee Tot
Black tie and arm band for me on that day :crying:

Steve its like that every saturday for you -- Following that bunch of s***e. On the Maggie front -- I would'nt p**s on her if she was on fire.

Steve its like that every saturday for you -- Following that bunch of s***e. On the Maggie front -- I would'nt p**s on her if she was on fire.

Same here, I wouldn't piss on any of these Margaret Thatcher disciples either if they were on fire :winner_third_h4h: ......

benefitthieves1.jpg

...now, now.. no need to get all personal, each to their own, what Denis & Maggie got upto in their private lives behind closed doors is nothing to do with us! :noexpression: .

As someone who will soon be 39 I can't wait for the DAY what a party loads of glider (but not that new thing called Blackthorne)............ from a Gas head who would even get the first round in for my fellow Bristolians :innocent06:

We'll all be buying each other drinks in celebration. :winner_third_h4h: What I can't understand is why Gordon Brown - as leader of the Labour Party - invited Thatcher to No. 10 ???!!!! The Labour Party was founded to represent the working man and the Trades Union movement in the House of Commons. Maggie Thatcher has to be the most vicious enemy the Trades Union movement has ever known. Gordon Brown is nothing more than a traitor to us and the Trades Union movement....

thatcherPA1309_468x763.jpg

To my shame as I believe 14 ish at the time Rovers played Rotherham at theirs during the midst of the Miners Strike. The Rotherham end sang pro Union Scargill songs througout the game...........even at that tender age I thought anyone that wants to fight for the right to work down a hole in the ground can't be wrong. To my disgust lots of Rovers fans sang lots pro Thatcher b*****x.............aghh

Archived