IGNORED

24th May

DavidNoble

Who can remember what they were doing ey? ;)

I can remember waking up too early at like 6 o'clock and just getting hyper all round the house. And getting on a tube full of hull fans and us all going nuts when we could first see the Arch. And walking up Wembley way with my hope club with a crack at playing in the big time. Walking in and seeing the size of the stadium and the team walking around in their suits. I can remember talking to McCombe not knowing he was ill and getting a wave from my hero Lee Trundle. Seeing Basso jog out for his warm up with a big rendition of 'Ohhh Basso'. Hearing David Lloyd getting the mic and asking us all what Johnson said ;)

But then i can remember the Windass goal, their time wasting (which i don't blame them for), the final whistle. Seeing them pick up the trophy and all celebrating at their end. I can remember our lads walking around giving us a clap whilst crying. I can remember seeing our fans crying their eyes out and can remember a little 6 year old or something absoultely gutted trying to be comforted by his grandad. I can remember walking back out the gates seeing all the Hull fans jumping around overhearing conversations of Old Trafford and Gerrard. I can remember that long drive home and the Gas' idea of being cool on the motorway. I can remember when i got home just sitting down going over the Windass goal and the Palace matches.

Surely this is what football is all about. These memories. Any other memories from you lot?

Alfi

I'd been a little concerned for a while that my 9 year old lad hadn't been showing the same passion for City as me . But on May 24th at 4.55, my lad was apsolutely distraught, it took ages too stop the tears . I was so proud of him . He hates Hull , and hopes they lose every game, although i'm glad they and Stoke stayed up, just too shove it up the arrogance of half the Premier League . Would love to see Gartside's Bolton come down next year .

I can remember waking up too early at like 6 o'clock and just getting hyper all round the house. And getting on a tube full of hull fans and us all going nuts when we could first see the Arch. And walking up Wembley way with my hope club with a crack at playing in the big time. Walking in and seeing the size of the stadium and the team walking around in their suits. I can remember talking to McCombe not knowing he was ill and getting a wave from my hero Lee Trundle. Seeing Basso jog out for his warm up with a big rendition of 'Ohhh Basso'. Hearing David Lloyd getting the mic and asking us all what Johnson said ;)

But then i can remember the Windass goal, their time wasting (which i don't blame them for), the final whistle. Seeing them pick up the trophy and all celebrating at their end. I can remember our lads walking around giving us a clap whilst crying. I can remember seeing our fans crying their eyes out and can remember a little 6 year old or something absoultely gutted trying to be comforted by his grandad. I can remember walking back out the gates seeing all the Hull fans jumping around overhearing conversations of Old Trafford and Gerrard. I can remember that long drive home and the Gas' idea of being cool on the motorway. I can remember when i got home just sitting down going over the Windass goal and the Palace matches.

Surely this is what football is all about. These memories. Any other memories from you lot?

Alfi

The tube trip on the way back was funny. Because even though there were 100 or more of us in one carriage ccmpletely dejected, there was one guy who was absoloutely hilarious, Readlly gave us a sense of optimism for things to come.

I did shed a tear that day and see no problem with having done so.

Yes of course it's just a football match and there are many, many more things in the world deserving of my sadness. However it is much more likely ill shed a tear over Bristol City than it is World Famine, poverty etc as, although clearly the latter is infinitely more distressing and heart breaking, I share a personal connection with the football club.

I shed a tear and stayed to give Hull a clap as they raised the trophy, I'm sure id do the very same if the situation arises again.

Closest I have came to being a sissy and crying over a football match. To be fair though, it was my birthday and I had a funny feeling for months we would be in the play-off final, even when we were top. I was convinced we would get promoted on my birthday :(

It was very surreal. Went up by coach with a mate, but I never felt as if we were going to win. THat's why the final whistle was more of a 'oh well, didn't expect anything less.' I predicted then thst Windass would hardly play for them in the Prem due to his age, which should make it hurt more I suppose.

I think I knew we were going to lose when they played the Wurzles and hardly anybody in our area of the ground sang. Bad omen :laugh:

Didn't feel too down after the final last year. I only expected us to stay up so for us to make Wembley was pretty amazing. It was slightly disapointing but wasn't exactly as bad as when we lost to Brighton- that was hard to take after coming so close for a lot of seasons in a row. etc.

Got about 1 hours sleep in my Harrow based hotel and woke at 6am to singing, looked out the window and I knew it might not be our day.....the hotel was packed full of Tigers fans.......

Managed to find Angus' club before the game and I was full of confidence (and lager) and thought it might actually be our time again to reach the promised land for the second time in my life (I was young when we got there last time and didn't really make the most of things when we were there.

And then reality struck...........

I was sat there in my £99 Club Wembley seat I just had a feeling it wasn't going to be our day, it was the sort of feeling I got alot at AG last season especially when you can see we are really struggling to create anything against another average side.

Very unhappy at the final whistle but as I had braced myself all the way through our uninspirational display it wasn't too bad......

until..........

I went in a bar just outside the car parks to drown my sorrows and saw the thousands of Hull fans celebrating around Wembley concourse and down Wembley Way and it hit me BIG TIME!!!.

They were never ending, it seemed that they had 90,000 there not 30,000.

I had Sky+'d the game at home but a year later I have yet to watch it.....it hurts too much, I can't bring myself to press PLAY!!!.

BCAGFC

The strange thing was as many people have mentioned Brighton, I actually thought we had a golden chance against Hull to really get a convincing victory whereas against Brighton I always had this feeling that we were going to leave Cardiff empty handed. So it took my by shock when that dumpy bloke windarse stuck it in and won it for them. And my I really do hate Phil Brown.

Alfi

Obviously so many memories that it would take a month just to type them out, but two stick in my mind. We left pretty much just after the final whistle, and remember walking down Wembley way with literally loads of Hull fans, who had faces like a wet weekend. We couldn't believe that they could leave the stadium so soon after winning, and then look so glum. I would have been bouncing off the walls.

My second overiding memory, is stopping in the services at Reading I think, and queues of City fans for the toilets and food, singing and dancing as though we had won. I think that just goes to prove really, that very few people actually expected us to win, and just savoured the day.

Obviously so many memories that it would take a month just to type them out, but two stick in my mind. We left pretty much just after the final whistle, and remember walking down Wembley way with literally loads of Hull fans, who had faces like a wet weekend. We couldn't believe that they could leave the stadium so soon after winning, and then look so glum. I would have been bouncing off the walls.

My second overiding memory, is stopping in the services at Reading I think, and queues of City fans for the toilets and food, singing and dancing as though we had won. I think that just goes to prove really, that very few people actually expected us to win, and just savoured the day.

I'm glad someone else mentioned this, i can vividly remember walking out of the ground at the final whistle with a load of Hull fans, i was baffled that they were walking out at the final whistle let alone the way they were looking! Me and my mates were stunned at how glum and un emotional there faces were, it was there greatest win in there history for god sake!

Overall on the day i want that upset i was obvious annoyed and frustrated but it didnt really hit me untill the prem season started, it was just so annoying seeing Hull playing at Old Trafford and the Emirates thinking that could so easily have been City.

No crying in football son. :disapointed2se: Not over a result.

There was something in the paper today about an independant Newcastle website threatening to out anyone who was caught on tv or in the papers crying if they got relegated. Fair enough if you're 8, but it's a game of football ffs! Get over it!

There was something in the paper today about an independant Newcastle website threatening to out anyone who was caught on tv or in the papers crying if they got relegated. Fair enough if you're 8, but it's a game of football ffs! Get over it!

I agree. My mate cried to try and get on Sky. That was his excuse anyway.

Bit of an epic day that was, should have known it wasn't to turn out well with our travel arrangements from southampton.

Me, thinking I was clever, had booked seast on the megabus from southamton to london, all going well me and my mate would be at wembley at 1pm.

30 mins after the bus was due, I ring Megabus only for them to say that the bus at that time didnt exist and that it was my fault for booking a non-existent bus on their main site. A run to the station and we jump on the waterloo train and begin to get exited about the day.

We arrive at wembley way and my first reaction was "holy guacamole". The match is a bit of a blur, remember as the teams came out to "carnival de paris", the goal and their celebrations. Being one of the last few city fans to leave, 2 guys in red and white in a sea of black and amber.

Even though we lost it's still my best moment as a city fan, to see your team, especially one that nobody expected to do well, is a great feeling. I had it at Twickenham when Bristol played Gloucester (we lost that too) the pride off seeing your team in a final.

It never felt right from the minute i got up, once we got to London we spent to long trying to get a drink and when we got to an off licence they said they don't sell cider on match days!! Standing there just before kick off and thinking we're going to screw this up and getting home and the first thing my missus said was 'never mind you never expected to get that far this year' and me telling her to ##### off and not speaking to her till the Monday!

As an aside, there is a poor sag head who works for me and he came up to me today and said 'can you believe that it is a year ago that you lost at Wembley', I told him that surely 1 year later he would have something else to rib me about, he just starred at me blankly which kinda sums them up really!

It never felt right from the minute i got up, once we got to London we spent to long trying to get a drink and when we got to an off licence they said they don't sell cider on match days!! Standing there just before kick off and thinking we're going to screw this up and getting home and the first thing my missus said was 'never mind you never expected to get that far this year' and me telling her to ##### off and not speaking to her till the Monday!

As an aside, there is a poor sag head who works for me and he came up to me today and said 'can you believe that it is a year ago that you lost at Wembley', I told him that surely 1 year later he would have something else to rib me about, he just starred at me blankly which kinda sums them up really!

For me it fealt like it was our day 100%. I just had a feeling. I fealt that we would blow up and fall into the play-offs and i had said all year play-offs. I was so excited i hadnt even thought about the game. All i thought about was wembley and playing united the season after.

Silly Dean Windass.

Worse day EVER for me, and stupidly enough I wasnt even there

Before we had even got promoted out of League One, I had booked to travel round California for three weeks with my girlfriend. Season ticket of 14 years, never miss a home game.....try to make at least 8/9 away games a season....and I missed Wembley! As the last couple of months unfolded I KNEW we were going to get to Wembley, and boy did it cause friction in our relationship......

I can always remember being in the mountains of Lake Tahoe the day of the final, couldnt find a TV to watch it as it was like 7am in the morning their time, but had my dad and all my mates constantly texting me keeping me informed of how their days were going, and eventually how the game was going.

I spent the whole 90 minutes just staring at my phone, I can remember the gut wrenching feeling when I had texts coming through saying Windass had scored! horrible, horrible feeling.

One final twist though was we were on the coach leaving Lake Tahoe towards the end of the game, going through the snowy mountains, and for the whole last 10 minutes of the game....I lost my signal! Finally got my signal back about 10 minutes after the game would have finished.....and all the texts started rolling through! the one that sticks out for me was the one from my dad "all over.....". All I wanted was a text saying "Trundle! get in!!" or "Adebola! Yesss!"...never came

As someone rightly says, there are more important things in life then football, but this was still one of the most gut wrenching days of my life. It sounds ridiculous, but I never felt so far away from home that day....

Anyway, roll on next season...Newcastle at Wembley in the play-off final please....easy!! :D

Apart from the fortune it cost to get me and me boy in the prem seats, the silly cost of beer in the ground, :disapointed2se: queing for a p in this new stadium :disapointed2se:and our team not turning up (again) it will be an experience I will never repeat again, whoever we are playing there.

Go back to the Mill tomorrow much better day, even though we`ll prob lose again. :disapointed2se:

11: 00 PM Saturday night, resplendent in my CITY replica shirt, drove into the centre of Melbourne CBD, thence to the Charles Dickins pub to view the enfolding drama on a large screen.

The place was full of ex-pats from the Bristol area together with a number of people hailing from Yorkshire.

An excellent night, apart, of course, from the result.

I had organised a coach to take 53 Foresters to the Wembley so had to be at Coleford for first pick up at 07.30 - no problem really as I was awake before 5 anyway

Remember the weather was fab - the masses and masses of red army on the M4 and in the services

The route we took in was perfect for avoiding traffic (had a Forest driver see...never been to wembley before SO LISTENED TO WHAT WE TOLD HIM)

Had reserved parking at the Green Man and once we arrived the party really got into full swing....remember the "ALWAYS BELIEVE" banner going round the garden...lots of cider in a can...in a can ...cider in a can...

Then for some reason I cant recall anything else....just seem to have blacked the rest out of my memory...sorry!

Archived