IGNORED

Problems With Internet

Dan Robin

I have a pc which is connected to internet with a router (wireless connection)

Tonight in my desktop I see that pc is connected to the router,but I can visualize only google and this site :noexpression: ... could it be a virus? Does anybody know how to solve this problem? thanks ;)

Yes,I ran a scan with avast (only the system directories,because a full scan could be very long) but I didn't find anything. I will try to do the full scan,but it seems strange to me that I can visualize 2sites..I had this problem some months ago,but all the sites were unavailables...then some days later,the pc returned ok :fingerscrossed:

I use firefox too :(

However.. in these sites maybe I could find the solution,but I can't enter in the sites so..

tuttopes.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6617

techforum.it/.../router-netgear-connette-solo-google-t6031

Maybe someone could copy and paste the text here? (it is in Italian ; I could ask to my friends in messenger,but even messenger doesn't run :( ) tnx

Have you got spyware installed?

Something like superantispyware or malwarebytes?

I had a bug about a year ago that was stopping me access certain sites, turned out I had a trojan. Someone recommended I got both of those, cleaned the PC and that solved the problem.

And go do the full scan of Avast in safe mode.

Are the sites above unreachable?

Anyway...I have Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, RegVac, and Superantyspiware. But if I remember well,the latest one didn't function too much.

Now I'm doing a full scan..it will take some hours probably,it's only 5% ..

Run the Superantispyware full scan as well. You should be doing this once a week really, and updating it before you run the scan.

If it wont let you update (because of the bug) then run the scan as it is, see what it finds, remove it and then try and update it to run the scan again.

You can run the Superantispyware at the same time as the avast.

is there maybe a solution in that site?

I have the 2 programs for the registry installed,but I have only the installation file of superantyspyware..and it doesn't run (probably a Vista problem) :(

Maybe I could try Eusing RC after Avast

I have deleted the cookies; if I delete also the offline content,will I lose all my saved links?

Can you download superantispyware from this link, as in will this link open for you?

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREE

I dont know much about the technical side of things, but if your links are bookmarked, then no you wont lose them.

If not can you get this to open and install

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=button

No way...I can't open the link..

I will wait until the scan is over,and then we'll see -_-

Thanks for your support ;)

Sounds like you have a trojan then. Do you have a friend with a memory stick who can download the two programs I suggested onto it, and then you put it on your PC that way?

And make sure you run the scan in safe mode as well, I know its a pain in the rear and it takes ages but sometimes it has to be done, these bugs are evil little buggers!

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

first scan (in normal mode) and I found 2 viruses (one trojan): I selected 'delete file' but same situation

secondo scan (in safe mode) ,I found nothing with avast,10 adwares with superantispyware,and nothing with malwarebytes ...

same fu**ing problem :( ... 3 or 4 sites ok,and the others ...zero..

Any chance of doing a system rollback to where you could use the net? Has any one played around with your parental control stings or something?

system rollback done.. I had a save point of 2 days ago

Firefox uninstalled,then re-installed

but the result is the same :(

Ok ,I'm a fan of Bristol City...but seeing only this site is making me a little..ANGRY :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Maybe the solution is dropping the pc out of the window..who knows... :surrender:

Maybe the only way is reading this links...

techforum.it/.../router-netgear-connette-solo-google-t6031

tuttopes.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6617

if anyone can write the content of the links here ,I'll search tomorrow with my neighbour's pc... -_- Even if it could be unuseful :(

Make a pray for me :dunno:

No I didn't try,because it was my cousin who installed the router,I don't know how to do it

I tried also connecting the router with an ethernet cable to pc ,but any changes... :noexpression: I think it's a virus,but I can't update avast (I downloaded the virus definition form another pc,but avast says 'I'm already up to date' :disapointed2se: ) and I find only stupid adware, nothing serious ... the only thing I haven't done yet is programming a scan at the start of windows,but I don't know if this could give better results than doing it in the safe mode :disapointed2se:

I have also a new problem :( I installed the old version of firefox,and now it doesn't start...I click on the icon but nothing happens..only explorer runs...

My only hope at the moment is that this 'virus' doesn't affect the phone line :noexpression: :fingerscrossed:

It could be an idea...

However... this morning I went to Verona by train (I study here,but I live in another town) ,and at the railway station I was able to connect with internet :huh: explorer,and to surf in all the sites I wanted

And I'm doing the same now,from my flat ,picking up a wireless connection (as I do sometimes) from the condominium

The strangest thing,however,is that I can't run Firefox..I click but nothing happens <_< and I can't uninstall it from the control panel...I select 'uninstall' but the program is still here ...I tried a scan,but I don't find anything strange..

As a by the way:

I don't seem to get the problems other people have with slow running etc. I do all the virus checks (and get advice here as to what programme to use) but what I additionally do every time the computer starts running slowly or behaving at all oddly (things hanging etc.) is to take the whole computer back to factory settings.

I keep a couple of drivers on a CD and need to download the antivirus stuff each time. It takes about an hour and means the computer starts running fast again and with everything wiped. Anything important is stored online, and if I can't remember my internet favourites then I'm obviously not looking at them much!

It is surprising what you put on, use once, and don't bother to uninstall. I have about half the icons I had before the reset and I can't even think what most of the others were.

It's also good practise for your computer blowing up, as the reset is like losing your old computer entirely.

Finally,I solved the problem :)

It wasn't a virus... it was the router which didn't run well... so I reinstalled it and made the same configuration I had before this problem...but I had the same results.

Then,I changed 2 parametres into the router 'webpage' (parametres about my adsl line) ,and all returned ok. :)

'Protocollo: PPPoA

Encapsulation: VC-mux

VPI:8

VCI:35 '

and I changed into:

Protocollo PPPoE

Encapsulation: LLC

VPI:8

VCI:35

If anyone will have the same problem... ;)

Archived