IGNORED

Somerset

somered

Who cares about the bloody tip and run cup! If I want to see beach cricket, I'll go to the beach. I'll settle for another Lords final and and Div 2 championship thanks.

20/20 cricket is all the rage at the moment and it's a source of new revenue for cricket.

Well done Zummerzet. Split loyalties with me as I'm Bristolian and I like to see both Somersetshire and Gloucestershire do well.

Go on now and win the 20/20 outright Zummerzet. :winner_third_h4h:

Noooo Red Goblin!! As Bristolians it is like football - you can only support Gloucestershire - Zummerzet is fine and dandy (living there myself) but you can't support two cricket teams - surely not?? :noexpression:

Quite a few of the crowd were in fancy dress. Any forum members attend and if so, who or what did you dress as?

No dressing up but a great night out.. lots of apple consuption :englandsmile4wf:

Noooo Red Goblin!! As Bristolians it is like football - you can only support Gloucestershire - Zummerzet is fine and dandy (living there myself) but you can't support two cricket teams - surely not?? :noexpression:

Remind me my geography, he is not so good. Which one of them lives SOUTH of the Avon? You are right about the only 1 team and that team is Somerset Gloucestershire are there for people that don't understand sport, I.e Bristol Rugby fans (should be Bath -obvs) and Gasheads

Who cares about the bloody tip and run cup! If I want to see beach cricket, I'll go to the beach. I'll settle for another Lords final and and Div 2 championship thanks.

Obviously not Gastershire! just enjoy division 2 we love it in division 1! :tumbleweed::dance:

Whereabouts were you, I was at the far righthand side of the upper Jessops Stand...

Not far from you, but clearly good enough eye candy for Sky :winner_third_h4h:

glos.jpg

Remind me my geography, he is not so good. Which one of them lives SOUTH of the Avon? You are right about the only 1 team and that team is Somerset Gloucestershire are there for people that don't understand sport, I.e Bristol Rugby fans (should be Bath -obvs) and Gasheads

I live in Somerset but see sense and support Bristol at rugby not those crack dealing Bath mob. Represented North Somerset at cricket and had a trial offered to me for Glos but decided not to attend.

Didn't hear that, but a couple of rousing renditions of Drink Up Thy Zider came across loud and clear on the TV.

That Kieswetter looks a player, qualifies for England in February.

And thats a disgrace - how do you qualify for England, your either English or your not.

And thats a disgrace - how do you qualify for England, your either English or your not.

His mother is Scottish and he choose to go for England rather than South Africa despite him playing for their junior teams. That seems fair enough to me so long as you're happy to have Scots being included for England.

His mother is Scottish and he choose to go for England rather than South Africa despite him playing for their junior teams. That seems fair enough to me so long as you're happy to have Scots being included for England.

why cant he play now then?

So we should kick KP out of the side too?

If hes not English then yes i don't think he should be playing for England, If he qualifies through his mum then thats fine, i don't agree with players qualifying to be English just because they have lived here for a few years.

I was at the game, one of the best 20/20 matches I've seen up there.

Right bummer that we lost, 6 penalty runs not seen that before. Pitch invader was comedy value, great inings by Kieswetter and Trego was impressive too.

Though given that we were 100/1 after 8 overs and that Somerset were 23/4, we let that one get away a tad!?!

And it's classic sods law...that when 20/20 becomes big and important, we become crap at it. 2 finals and 2 quarter finals in 5 seasons when it was on the periphery relatively speaking and now 2 successive group stage eliminations. :disapointed2se:

It looks like we've found our form in the four day game with a third straight win in the amazing victory over Yorkshire. Managing to score 476 was the 2nd highest winning total in the history of the county championship and the 8th highest of all time.

Keep up the good work boys!

Archived