IGNORED

So Who Did We Have A Bid Rejected For?

Edge1981

I think it has to be Taylor from Oldham. In yesterdays Sun it said that Oldham had reject a 1.5 million bid from an unnamed club.

Where the ###### has all this money come from all of a sudden? £1.5M for him, £600k for Clarkson, plus Hartley's no doubt massive wages, linked with Vennegoor of Massivename...plus £2M+ last season for Maynard - but we've sold no one - has Steve L found some cash down the back of his sofa at AG or what??

Where the ###### has all this money come from all of a sudden? £1.5M for him, £600k for Clarkson, plus Hartley's no doubt massive wages, linked with Vennegoor of Massivename...plus £2M+ last season for Maynard - but we've sold no one - has Steve L found some cash down the back of his sofa at AG or what??

Steve Lansdown always backs the manager.

The players that have been released or moved on such as Dele would have freed up a fair chunk from our wages bill. Plus didn't Steve Lansdown personally raise near £46million in cash by selling some of his holding in Hargreaves Lansdown.

The players that have been released or moved on such as Dele would have freed up a fair chunk from our wages bill. Plus didn't Steve Lansdown personally raise near £46million in cash by selling some of his holding in Hargreaves Lansdown.

Fair do's, but that's HIS cash, he's got no reason to "invest" it in BCFC other than a totally understandable love of the club!!!

Guest Eamer
I think it has to be Taylor from Oldham. In yesterdays Sun it said that Oldham had reject a 1.5 million bid from an unnamed club.

£1,500,000? I thought Oldham were valueing him just upwards of a third of that. At least it's coming from the Sun, can't be the most reliable of information.

£1,500,000? I thought Oldham were valueing him just upwards of a third of that. At least it's coming from the Sun, can't be the most reliable of information.

I read somewere that Oldham had been asking for 500k ish, 1.5 mill seems a very high price cant see them wanting that much to be honest.

Remember Cotterill? :whistle2:

Yes, but we aren't Premier League Wigan, and no Premier League club's are after Taylor as far as I know.

Oldham apparently were close to agreeing a deal with Leeds at about 500k.

There's no way Taylor's value has trebled since January.

I hope the fee mentioned is paper talk nonsense and that we are focussed on getting Taylor at a reasonable price. At 1.5m+ I'd forget it though, that's plain greedy.

Talk of JVofH is all very well, but to my mind signing Taylor is far more important to our squad shape and prospects with the added bonus of signing a player likely to markedly increase in value.

I'd like to think he is our no.1 target at the moment and that Oldham aren't just upping the asking price because our other dealings ( and rumoured one's) might have given the impression there is plenty of cash to squeeze out of City this Summer.

Yes, but we aren't Premier League Wigan, and no Premier League club's are after Taylor as far as I know.

Oldham apparently were close to agreeing a deal with Leeds at about 500k.

There's no way Taylor's value has trebled since January.

I hope the fee mentioned is paper talk nonsense and that we are focussed on getting Taylor at a reasonable price. At 1.5m+ I'd forget it though, that's plain greedy.

Talk of JVofH is all very well, but to my mind signing Taylor is far more important to our squad shape and prospects with the added bonus of signing a player likely to markedly increase in value.

I'd like to think he is our no.1 target at the moment and that Oldham aren't just upping the asking price because our other dealings ( and rumoured one's) might have given the impression there is plenty of cash to squeeze out of City this Summer.

I'd love it if we signed both though!

Guest Eamer
I also know its Beckford.

We offered a cheeky 1 mil and not suprisingly it got turned down. Gary will return with a new bid when he gets back from Portugal

How do you know that then?

Guest Eamer
If Delph is valued at £6m, Beckford won't be going for £1m!

Beckford only has one year left on his contract and Delph has recently signed a long term deal. Delph is also six years younger than Beckford so has a long more potential.

Archived