The Missing 3000?

Maltshoveller

Sexton said on tv last night that we are down by about 3000

on ST sales from last season

For me 11000 ish is still a good number

but what i would lke to know is this

Out of the 3k missing how many are of the following

(A) Long time holders who can no long afford a ticket

for what ever reason in this financial climate?

but will renew at first chance

or

(B) Band wagon fans who jumped on when we went up

and when we were one game from the prem

Who have now became bored of mid table championship football

and jumped off just as quick

Definate (a) for me;even the mortgage is a struggle at the mo :noexpression: I`d go to every game home and away if I had the pennies :no:

Didn't you have a ST in the Eastend last year but never actually went to any games? I remember you trying to flog your ST on this site as well. :icecream:

or

From what some have said there is a © also. Something to do with fed up with long ball tactics and the first name on the game sheet. Perhaps others will sign when they see the new season and the strategy of play. just quoting what i have read on this forum.

I think it is a mixture tbh, I think our ST sales when we got promoted to the Championship was around the 10k mark. ST's went on sale during teh season when we were looking good for Premier League football, Many City fans who usually POTD due to other commitments realised if we got into the prem there would be no POTD so became ST holders. Also a lot of people jumped aboard because they thought they would be seeing Gerrard, Torres, Ronaldo etc grace the AG pitch.

Now that there is no Premier League football, A recession and POTD will be available I think that is why we are 3k down.

I personally feel teh club are happy with 11k as it will mean if we do well we will be able to sell 8k in POTD tickets to home and away fans at higher prices that a ST.

You have not included

c) unattractive long ball football with only seven home wins out of twenty three matches.

Not much to get excited about - if I was a new season ticket holder last year I would not be in rush to repeat the experience.

Didn't you have a ST in the Eastend last year but never actually went to any games? CLOSE BUT NOT CORRECT I remember you trying to flog your ST on this site as well. :icecream:

:disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: you no nothing pal back off :mafia:

From what some have said there is a © also. Something to do with fed up with long ball tactics and the first name on the game sheet. Perhaps others will sign when they see the new season and the strategy of play. just quoting what i have read on this forum.

I don't expect many are ©'s - there will be the odd one of course, and we'd all like to see entertaining football, but the occasional protest on these matters on here does not necessarily represent alot of people or lead to such drastic measures as withrawing your support from the club.

I'd guess B would cover the majority with perhaps a third ( I expect we all know a few) who've had to put matchday support of City on the back burner for a while for financial reasons.

I don't think many long term fans would lapse their Season Cards by choice as, despite our moans, the fare on offer at AG is currently better than it has been for many years.

I suspect ( B )

I'm sure you do, but would people who bought a season ticket 'the year we almost went up' have been aware that we would push for promotion? In my opinion, we bought tickets thinking that we would finish mid-table at best so don't know why you would think that people would buy tickets because they were jumping on the bandwagon. At least some people support our team. Don't criticise them for buying season tickets when there are so many that don't! Grrr!

P.S I renewed mine the season after and for this season.

We still have more STs for this season than we did for 07/08 straight after promotion, which I think is good progress.

I'm sure the majority of those who haven't renewed are "B"s.

What I do think is odd is that the club have suspended sales of STs so early - I'm sure with the recent new signings we might have added another 500-1000 in the next week or two.

I don't expect many are ©'s - there will be the odd one of course, and we'd all like to see entertaining football, but the occasional protest on these matters on here does not necessarily represent alot of people or lead to such drastic measures as withrawing your support from the club.

I agree that long term supporters like us will renew regardless but many newcomers will not regard it as "withdrawing their support from the club".

Last year we had over 3,000 new season ticket holders who were dipping their toe in the water for the first time. I believe the lack of success at home (only seven wins all season) and the consequent lack of "feel good" factor after the great majority of matches

will influence whether many of these newcomers renew. We have seen the result - they have not.

This is not intended as a criticism of the club - I am simply drawing attention to a factor that appears to have been overlooked.

We havent renewed and I'm going to be honest as to my reasons why - We missed a few games last season for one reason or another, I felt there was a serious lack of entertainment and I got fed up with the continuous selection of Lee Johnson - I have no issue with the bloke, He comes across as a really nice guy, Its just that in my opinion we have better players than him, now more than ever.

Those few reasons together are why we are not going to stretch to a season ticket.

I might take abit of hammering for that but its the truth.

I will pick and choose my games - I will attend more if we are playing attractive attacking football and Lee Johnson isnt getting picked week in week out.

Ironic that we are looking to increase our capacity by 10,000 when our ticket sales are going the other way!

I think 11,000 is a poor effort for the size of the area with a decent standard of football to watch (Even if last year we didn't as a side, entertain as much as some would like)

What is the answer? Perhaps just one Bristol club to fill our new stadium and head for the prem? hehe

A for me due to booking two weeks in Ibiza just could not get the money together as I have to get a full price for the first time.

Saying that I see we are extending the deadline till August so I now suspect I will get one as long as I can get it on the credit plan we will see when I can get there if not I will get a membership card and then a half season one when and if we do that.

We havent renewed and I'm going to be honest as to my reasons why - We missed a few games last season for one reason or another, I felt there was a serious lack of entertainment and I got fed up with the continuous selection of Lee Johnson - I have no issue with the bloke, He comes across as a really nice guy, Its just that in my opinion we have better players than him, now more than ever.

Those few reasons together are why we are not going to stretch to a season ticket.

I will pick and choose my games - I will attend more if we are playing attractive attacking football and Lee Johnson isnt getting picked week in week out.

Given that just a few years ago we had about 6000 ST holders, the vast majority of these "new" people have renewed for this season once more. I think a few more will commit in the next few weeks to take it to 11k+.

I bought a ST last season (my first since the 90s) before the playoffs, as I was afraid if I didn't I wouldn't get into any games if we'd got to the Prem. I suspect a lot of people were like me. Unfortunately, as I live in London, it's impossible for me to make midweek games. When combined with the fact you inevitably miss 1 or 2 Saturday games as well due to other commitments (holidays, moving house, in my case), I ended up paying about £40 per ticket, which is a bit stupid, so I haven't renewed.

I think those who have referred to our home form last season have made a very valid point.

The economic situation will undoubtedly have hit some and the success in getting to the play-off final must have pulled in a significant number of one-season tourists hoping to bag a seat in case we went up this year, so that probably accounts for most of the fall in numbers, but I felt that by the end of the season general morale and enthusiasm were at a lower point than at any time since we were promoted from League One.

I have been a ST holder for donkey's years and if I'm honest I'd probably have renewed if we'd been demoted to the Downs League for financial irregularities, but even I was frankly just plain bored by the excessively conservative, keep a clean sheet at all costs/one up front approach that made the outcome of some games predictable almost before we'd kicked off. City were a low scoring, cautious side last season and that doesn't make for great entertainment. Whilst sad old men like me are always going to renew, I seriously think our performances at home last time out would have been enough to drive your floating voters away. That's where some of your missing 3,000 went, in my opinion.

I hope GJ has cottoned on to that. Recent transfer activity might suggest the point has registered.

This is pretty similar to my story, I found myself not really enjoying it as much as I used to and I can't put my finger on why but no solely down to Lee Johnson getting picked but that didn't help, so I decided to not renew. Annoying really that I enjoyed it more when we were playing crap teams but then I didn't have a family then and City was pretty much what we lived for, must be getting old!

had a season ticket since 1997 not going this year as its way too expensive especially if you miss a game or two

If all the ticket prices were £250 like in the east end I'm sure they would sell out, but unfortunately all the east end tickets have gone if i could of got one i would of replaced my dolman seat in there............. its going to be weird having my saturdays free this year!

or

(E) I wasn't going to bother with a season ticket for 2009/10 but bought one anyway. I'm far too lazy to want the hassle of booking tickets online or risk not getting a ticket on the day by turning up with just minutes to spare.

You have not included

c) unattractive long ball football with only seven home wins out of twenty three matches.

Not much to get excited about - if I was a new season ticket holder last year I would not be in rush to repeat the experience.

A combination of B and C.

Archived