IGNORED

The Missing 3000?

Maltshoveller

For me, it's a combination of a couple of things. Last season I paid for my season ticket on the barclays interest free thing. This was great as I could repay as much as I wanted over the course of the year, however due to moving to Norwich (other half was going to Uni), and working about an hour from home (just couldn't get anything closer - possibly/probably in hindsight due to the recession even though it was before it went mainstream), I found myself usually struggling to pay the ST off, and actually probably missed just as many home games as I saw (including every single midweek match).

At the moment we're still in Norwich, but will be moving to Bishops Stortford soon, so it will be easier to get to home games, but at the moment everything we have is going towards moving, rent, and basically relocating, so I will be unfortunately having to pick and choose games, as and when I can afford to. Hopefully at Christmas they'll release the half season tickets again, and hopefully I'll be able to get one then just in time to see the boys win promotion!!!

Do I want a season ticket? Yes

Do I want to give up my seat which I've been sat in for 6/7 years? No

At the end of the day, unfortunately some things are more important :(

Sexton said on tv last night that we are down by about 3000

on ST sales from last season

For me 11000 ish is still a good number

but what i would lke to know is this

Out of the 3k missing how many are of the following

(A) Long time holders who can no long afford a ticket

for what ever reason in this financial climate?

but will renew at first chance

or

(B) Band wagon fans who jumped on when we went up

and when we were one game from the prem

Who have now became bored of mid table championship football

and jumped off just as quick

I'm definitely an A and sure i'm not the only one as i lost my job in May before i could renew my season ticket.

Not sure how many games i can afford on 64 quid a week JSA !! even with a membership.

Maybe the club could think about discounts for the unemployed similar to students? OAP's to fill otherwise empty seats.

I'm definitely an A and sure i'm not the only one as i lost my job in May before i could renew my season ticket.

Not sure how many games i can afford on 64 quid a week JSA !! even with a membership.

Maybe the club could think about discounts for the unemployed similar to students? OAP's to fill otherwise empty seats.

I feel sorry for people who have lost there jobs in today's climate but don't see why that if they are unemployed they should pay less to view the same game as someone who is employed, attending a match is a luxury not a need, if you really want a ticket why don't you try here 1st http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/index.html

Sexton said on tv last night that we are down by about 3000

on ST sales from last season

For me 11000 ish is still a good number

but what i would lke to know is this

Out of the 3k missing how many are of the following

(A) Long time holders who can no long afford a ticket

for what ever reason in this financial climate?

but will renew at first chance

or

(B) Band wagon fans who jumped on when we went up

and when we were one game from the prem

Who have now became bored of mid table championship football

and jumped off just as quick

I think (B) applies much more than (A) although obviously the current financial situation would've played its part. I know a (B) who bought his season ticket before the Playoff Final and although he seemed to enjoy last season he has not renewed, I don't think this is a conicidence.

I feel sorry for people who have lost there jobs in today's climate but don't see why that if they are unemployed they should pay less to view the same game as someone who is employed, attending a match is a luxury not a need, if you really want a ticket why don't you try here 1st http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/index.html

don't know who the hell you think you are talking to but cheap sarcastic jibes like that do no one any good and make you look a prize w####r.

I do not want 'something for nothing' and am not a professional layabout.

I fully realise that attending City games is a luxury, but its no more of a luxury for me than it is for students,OAP's and anyone else trying to survive on minimal income.

The only point i was making was that maybe the club would rather make a little money and have the seat filled with someone getting behind the team, than have it empty, that way everyone benefits.

As for 'really wanting ' a ticket, i was lucky enough to go to the Ajax game. To get to that game i had to make sacrifices including halving my weekly spend on food, not to mention a ten mile round trip on foot to get there.

Maybe you should take a reality check as 'there but for the grace of god' etc as its a long drop when you fall off that high horse!!

don't know who the hell you think you are talking to but cheap sarcastic jibes like that do no one any good and make you look a prize w####r.

I fully realise that attending City games is a luxury, but its no more of a luxury for me than it is for students,OAP's and anyone else trying to survive on minimal income.

The only point i was making was that maybe the club would rather make a little money and have the seat filled with someone getting behind the team, than have it empty, that way everyone benefits.

As for 'really wanting ' a ticket, i was lucky enough to go to the Ajax game. To get to that game i had to make sacrifices including halving my weekly spend on food, not to mention a ten mile round trip on foot to get there.

Maybe you should take a reality check as 'there but for the grace of god' etc as its a long drop when you fall off that high horse!!

:chant6ez:

Bravo, well said.

I assume citynut expects people to just wallow in self pity for the whole time they are unfortunate to be out of work, it would be a decent gesture by the club if they could have a scheme where the unemployed fans and less well off get a discount to atttend matches now and again. Good luck to you finding another job.

:chant6ez:

Bravo, well said.

I assume citynut expects people to just wallow in self pity for the whole time they are unfortunate to be out of work, it would be a decent gesture by the club if they could have a scheme where the unemployed fans and less well off get a discount to atttend matches now and again. Good luck to you finding another job.

Cheers mate........much appreciated!!

Nice one ! so I'm a W****R for having a honest opinion and trying to point you in the direction of where you may be able to find a job ? My opinion is that the only cheap seats that should be available to oap's and children, yes I agree that it's better to have bums on seats than empty seats , but to sell seats to the unemployed at cheaper rates than employed fans I don't, I'm also shore that there are not many fans that they would be happy if they was paying more than the person sat next to them just for being employed ? also seen as i am sarcastic if you really want a job put your post code on here and ill list 5+ jobs for you to look at !

Yeah but to be honest why should I have to pay more because I work full time? I already pay tax's etc so why should someone who can not be bothered (Not saying this about anyone in here but I know a few) pay less?

Does not seem fair to me.

The club already offers discounts to students and OAP's who have much more disposable income than anyone on JSA!!

Personally i would be more than happy to be paying taxes as this would mean i would be working and could afford a season ticket.

I know all about paying taxes and have done all my working life, a large amount spent working for myself paying employees and employers NI, Corperation Tax , VAT etc

You seem to be under a misapprehension that everyone on JSA is there by choice, which is very far from the case.

I really cannot see any difference in the circumstances of someone who is unemployed to that of students?OAP's who the club already offer discounts.

Would not only be a great gesture by the club but good PR as well.

The club already offers discounts to students and OAP's who have much more disposable income than anyone on JSA!!

Personally i would be more than happy to be paying taxes as this would mean i would be working and could afford a season ticket.

I know all about paying taxes and have done all my working life, a large amount spent working for myself paying employees and employers NI, Corperation Tax , VAT etc

You seem to be under a misapprehension that everyone on JSA is there by choice, which is very far from the case.

I really cannot see any difference in the circumstances of someone who is unemployed to that of students?OAP's who the club already offer discounts.

Would not only be a great gesture by the club but good PR as well.

Erm you seem to be very defensive I even said in my post that not everyone is like that but some people are so where do you draw the line?

I've been on JSA and its a nasty belittling thing to be on but I had little choice I hated even walking to the place and was so happy after three weeks that something finally came up so I understand toatly how hard it is and I'm not going to Judge someone I do not know.

A student is still in education but I agree that maybe they should not get a discount but thats another discussion all together.

Archived