IGNORED

Ivan Sproule

DavidNoble

Fair enough Ivan blows hot and cold. One minute brilliant the next sunday league at best. However i feel we are hugely lacking width and when he came on he provided that and gave us something we havent got.

If Johnson wants to play 4-4-2 I would use more natural wingers than Sno and Elliott so what i would do next game as a bit of a reshuffle as this isnt working is put Ivan on the right and Haynes on the left with Maynard and Clarkson up front.

Something clearly needs to change at the moment as the performances aren't very inspiring.

Fair enough Ivan blows hot and cold. One minute brilliant the next sunday league at best. However i feel we are hugely lacking width and when he came on he provided that and gave us something we havent got.

If Johnson wants to play 4-4-2 I would use more natural wingers than Sno and Elliott so what i would do next game as a bit of a reshuffle as this isnt working is put Ivan on the right and Haynes on the left with Maynard and Clarkson up front.

Something clearly needs to change at the moment as the performances aren't very inspiring.

Agree, though it was good just to see some one run at them a bit, some players need to man up and either take someone on or have a crack rather than farting around passing back all the time

:tumbleweed:

In the short time he was on the pitch we had natural width and the feeling that at last someone was going to run at his full back.

We all know he is the definition of inconsistent but today he added something we otherwise lacked, well done, Ivan.

If only the lad had some compsure he would be an excellent player. When he gets the ball and runs he looks such a threat, then he more often than not either over hits the ball or the whole attack just peters out, he is one of the most frustrating players i have ever watched.

But he really is the only player we have that can give us naturual width and for that reason alone he has to feature more, at least untill january and (fingers toes and everything crossed!) Johnson gets in a winger that can produce that final ball.

The next home game i would play the same 4-4-2 we played today but have Haynes and Sproule out wide hugging the touchline.

He’s best coming off the bench as he brings energy to a side late on in the match, he can also use his pace more effectively against a tiring opposition.

This.

Not to mention how badly Sproule got slated last season when we had a much worse squad. Also, Haynes made a couple of excellent runs down the wing early on and is, for my money, a much better player.

OK, I just remembered something amusing - when Sproule played the ball some 15m past the midfielder with it ending up only about 8m from the defender. The latter froze then backpedalled, giving time for Sproule to do his usual pause & chase on to it. :trumpet:

Team for the next home game

....................................Gerken

Carey.........Nyatanga...........Fontaine............McCallister

Sproule...........Sno.............Hartley................Haynes

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Clarkson..............Maynard

SUBS;

Skuse - doesn't deserve to be sadly

Orr

Saborio

Elliott

Williams

Plummer

Henderson

WHY? Johnson and Elliott are performing so poorrly, the later probably because he is playing so out of position. Maynard is off the boil, but I guess a few more games to see, if not then out Saborio up front. Personally I would bring back John Akinde and he would be in my line up. We need to attack at home and be a threat. The above team is more balanced than anything we play at the moment and Nyatanga and Fontaine did well yesterday so carry on and let Carey add support to Sproule from Right back

Plummer, because he could come on if needed on either wing

SUBS;

Orr

Saborio

Elliott

Williams

Plummer

Henderson

WHY? Johnson and Elliott are performing so poorrly, the later probably because he is playing so out of position. Maynard is off the boil, but I guess a few more games to see, if not then out Saborio up front. Personally I would bring back John Akinde and he would be in my line up. We need to attack at home and be a threat. The above team is more balanced than anything we play at the moment and Nyatanga and Fontaine did well yesterday so carry on and let Carey add support to Sproule from Right back

Plummer, because he could come on if needed on wither wing

I agree with you 100% with Plummer. We have what 5 games untill the January window. So that means 5 games trying to play 4-4-2 with REALLY only one natural winger.

Bar Sproule Plummer is the only other natural winger we have, why not give him a go?

GJ's lack of adventure is what is doing my head in. Many managers would give Plummer a go on the wide (what are we going to lose) yet GJ is so stuck in his arogant ways he will not give him a try.

I just cant believe it has taken the poster 20 games into the season to realise we need WIDTH !

What have other people been watching all season?

Ive said all season that Sproule should be starting,especially at home.

I also agree that we have needed width all season, however even though sproule brings as pace and width, he is encapable of taking on players and producing good balls in the box. I think in January we seriously need to be looking at some fresh wingers!

Sproule...........Skuse.............Hartley................Haynes

id play skuse over sno in CM

I agree with this until jan. Just one thing why oh why have you not included one of our best midfielders in the form of Marvin Elliot. (instead of skuse) and then skuse can stay on the bench until we need him.

SUBS;

Orr

Saborio

Elliott

Williams

Plummer

Henderson

The above team is more balanced than anything we play at the moment and Nyatanga and Fontaine did well yesterday so carry on and let Carey add support to Sproule from Right back

Plummer, because he could come on if needed on either wing

I know it is all about opinions but seriously, for the umpteenth time Plummer has been on loan at Hereford in League Two this season and they didn't want to extend his loan into a second month, so does that not tell you something?

Carey, if he's not out injured anyway, is never going to start another game in his career at RB again. He's been fantastic for us but as time catches up with him he's a CB or not playing.

Problem is he is a impact player. We have been here with him before where he does OK when he comes off the bench impressed so much he earns a start and then we realise why we like to keep him as a sub.

Archived