IGNORED

Widthwidthwidthwidth!

DavidNoble

Although we are missing alot of things at the moment, alot being psychological and confidence i think Width is the number one thing we need to get back into our game even without natural wingers.

The best that i can come up with is:

....................Gerken....................

..Orr......Fonts......Nyatanga....McAllister..

..Haynes....Skuse....Hartley.....Sproule..

.............Maynard...Clarkson...............

Is there any other ideas out there we could use or what wingers we could bring in?

Although i though 3-5-2 would work at the start of the season it clearly isn't.

Although we are missing alot of things at the moment, alot being psychological and confidence i think Width is the number one thing we need to get back into our game even without natural wingers.

Is there any other ideas out there we could use or what wingers we could bring in?

I've basically mentioned the same formation in a previous post.

What we need to do, is make sure we stick with the formation and only swap the players as and when they get injured or suspended, and when we bring in a different player, make sure it's a like-for-like replacement.

Sticking with this formation then allows the players to get used to playing a certain way (with wingers), and getting to know each others play so that it becomes second nature to each of them.

If we get found out by other teams, then fair enough, but at least we're then trying to stamp our style of play on them!

I remember GJ saying that he's knows how Man Utd will play, but trying to stop them playing is a different matter altogether. That's the approach we should take, let other teams know how we play, but it's upto them to then try and stop us - at the moment it's the other way around!!

If we then have a weakness ie. The left wing, then GJ needs to either sign someone or get someone in on loan.

At the moment, I'd say we're too top heavy in the central midfield area, and we need to get extra cover for the left fullback & left wing areas. All the other areas of the pitch I'd say we have sufficient cover for the moment. We could easily get rid of two central midfielders and free up wages to bring in quality wingers.

I would def like to see us go back to 442, with the flat 4 in midfield. We have great competition in every area if we play that formation.

The only problem is a left winger. Id be happy to see sproule have a go until the window opens but we definitely need a quality left winger in, possibly with another on one too loan.

Archived