IGNORED

For All You Claridge Haters

DavidNoble

I know he didnt really say anything bad about us lat night (Especially as he barely spoke about us) but hes been getting on my nerves alot recently and i found this group on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Get-Steve-...01221570?ref=mf

get more people to join! :innocent06:

Don't have a problem with Claridge - doesn't say anything contentious for people to hate him.

My beef is why my licence fee is used to pay that Lizzie who's role is simply to add a pretty (to some) face and read out stupid texts and emails. Without her input we could actually see more highlights and contentious issues rather than a goals show. I bet she's not on minimum wages.

MOTD also falls into the trap of wasting time advertising it's own other sports content and interupts the flow when Manish Basin tells us what's on the FL show after MOTD - it's always the same thing - highlights from the Championship and leagues 1 and 2 WHY DO WE NEED TO BE TOLD THIS. Usual BBC contempt for their viewers who pay thier wages.

I'm not convinced that Steve Claridge has an anti-City agenda (and happen to think he is an excellent radio pundit on Five Live) but it is entirely possible he has an anti-Johnson agenda. GJ was assistant manager at Cambridge to John Beck when Claridge was there and used to do ridiculous stuff like chucking buckets of cold water at the players before kick-off to 'wake them up'. Not surprisingly, the more experienced pros like Claridge thought this was a pathetic way to be treated and he was soon rotting on the bench.

Claridge hated Beck so I can't imagine he was a big fan of GJ either.

Archived