IGNORED

Ashton Gate

Guest Trev

:clap: - I "think" its to do with newish segregation rules which means that home and away fans have to have a specified minimum space between them.In other words seats that would have been occupied before now have to be left unsold.You see this in the East End regularly.

On the East end end of the Williams stand there is now an unsold area after there was trouble with Millwall some seasons ago.The club decided to keep that area free from fans since - regardless of who City are playing.Bit of an overeaction in some peoples view.

If you want a more detailed answer - ask Colin Sexstone on the other forum.

:clap: - I "think" its to do with newish  segregation rules which means that home and away fans have to have a specified minimum space between them.In other words seats that would have been occupied before now have to be left unsold.You see this in the East End regularly.

If its a rule its only specific to Bristol City and Ashton Gate. Whenever you see a full Premiership ground (especially Old Trafford) you get no more than a single aisle and line of seats full of stewards to segregate the fans. Maybe its police advice specific to us. That massive void at the end of the Williams (officially part of the Wedlock I think, Block A) seems ridiculous.

There were 17,408 at the Southampton game and that never sold out (despite many people thinking it did), more accurately there were 18,085 at the Plymouth game last December and that included City fans in the East End as far as I remember. Considering that, I think an absolute maximum attendance at AG possible for a City match is somewhere around the 18,500-19,000 mark.

Archived