IGNORED

Steve L= No.150 In Sunday Times Rich List

Warwickshire Red

Interesting to see Steve L is listed as being worth £452m in this years Times Rich list (up £172m from last year). By comparison Sir J Madejski at Reading is worth £200m (down £50m) and Forest's Nigel Doughty £128m. If SL is really determined to get to the Prem, he certainly has the financial muscle to back that push.

Interesting to see Steve L is listed as being worth £452m in this years Times Rich list (up £172m from last year). By comparison Sir J Madejski at Reading is worth £200m (down £50m) and Forest's Nigel Doughty £128m. If SL is really determined to get to the Prem, he certainly has the financial muscle to back that push.

Indeed! Seems very comitted as well :) Great times down the Gate!

He saves something like £1.6M a year in tax moving to Guernsey

Good on him, has to be better than giving it to that moron Brown and his merry band of crooks.

Where else in life could you be caught with your hands in the till and still keep your job. Well apart from Tesco's.

Phone call early this morning

PH: Hi Stevo, how did the Rovers get on?

SL: ...

PH: Oh come on Stevie boy you know I'm kidding. Did you win?

PH: Good, good. Have you read the Sunday papers yet? You're in the Sunday Times. I'm in there as well. I had to flick over a couple of pages but I eventually found you.

PH: 111. You're 150. Not bad for a Gashead.

PH: Oh sorry, Cidered. Of course. Anyway must tootle off. Time is money.

SL ranks as the 150th richest person in the UK - worth £452M according to The Sunday Times Rich List - published yesterday. This is what they printed:

Lansdown, co-founder of financial advisor Hargreaves Lansdown sold £47M of shares last spring to fund private projects, including a new stadium for BCFC which he chairs. The 57 year old retains a stake in the finance firm he set up in Bristol in 1981 with Peter Hargeaves. He sold £57M of shares in a 2007 float and has other wealth.

Comforting isn't it ? No wonder he was relieved NOT to win the £20K cheque in the Foundation draw on Saturday !

Great speech as well, he summed up where we are and where we want to go perfectly. Anyone disagree with that ? I doubt it.

Truly we are fortunate to have this man at the helm.

So his wealth has increased by over 160%?... hmm.. that may well be the case on paper such as share values but in reality he has probably made steady progress of around 8-10%. All makes positive reading for him and his family which is great although i would prefer this info to be a little more off the radar.

So his wealth has increased by over 160%?... hmm.. that may well be the case on paper such as share values but in reality he has probably made steady progress of around 8-10%. All makes positive reading for him and his family which is great although i would prefer this info to be a little more off the radar.

I would not have put the detail on here if it had not been published in a national newspaper. I just think we should all be happy that his wealth provides the financial "anchor" for our club, although he has said himself on many occasions that the club must become a viable business concern in it's own right without subsidy from him.

Do you think the increse In his piggy bank has anything to do with the shares in his other business he sold to generate money for the stadim build?

Most of the increase is to do with the increase in share price at Hargreaves Lansdown.

SL has over 100m shares remaining at around 370p per share. When he sold a block of shares last year for the stadium these were at just over 200p. You can find the exact figures if you're interested.

I'm sure he has plenty of cash elsewhere too - it won't all be wrapped in HL, I'm sure.

Good on him, has to be better than giving it to that moron Brown and his merry band of crooks.

Where else in life could you be caught with your hands in the till and still keep your job. Well apart from Tesco's.

Goldman Sachs perhaps? Or just about any major financial institution, provided you are senior enough of course. :whistle2:

Madejski fortune has dropped purely because of property prices. His main work is in the property industry so as the prices rise again so will his fortune. Anyway it makes little difference to us as he doesn't use his money to fund the club and hasnt done since he bought Lita from you.

I think that's the exact scenario Steve Lansdown wants City to be in, similar to the way Charlton Athletic were run a few years ago.

Until the new stadium is built, we're going to be heavily indebted to SL until such a time that the stadium is paid for and is generating income purely for the football club. After that point I think we'll see a more solid business plan in place where the club attempts to support itself without the financial handouts that SL and the other directors loan/give the club.

With all the financial turmoil that the likes of Portsmouth and Hull are getting themselves into, you can't help but admire the way Charlton, Reading, Burnley and City are going about things.

Madejski fortune has dropped purely because of property prices. His main work is in the property industry so as the prices rise again so will his fortune. Anyway it makes little difference to us as he doesn't use his money to fund the club and hasnt done since he bought Lita from you.

You seem to be making the visit to the City forum a daily routine, not enough fun for you on yours, seems I was right the other day when I said Reading were 'a little dull' wink.gif

The factor that Steve Lansdown has the financial muscles to make supporters very happy should not be underestimated. It's a win-win situation. By making us very happy he himself gets very happy and rightly so. We all share the same dream.

Top man.

They are the only ones who will let you keep money you've earn't though....Brown inheritance tax :disapointed2se:

The nil rate band for inheritance tax for a couple is £600k. Doesn't seem likely to affect most of the population therefore, driving people into poverty not on the cards it seems. The minority who pay it have not "earned" it but rather have benefited from the former property boom. If I ever find myself in a position to have to pay it I guess I'll think myself lucky. Actually I won't pay it cos I'll be dead. :innocent06: But I'm sure my son would be delighted if I left him enough to have to pay tax on it. Sadly for him, not likely, :disapointed2se:

Are you actually OLD enough to remember the 80's?

If not he will be able experience it after the election. Independent of who win.

Think Scotland was an independent state til 1709. Debts to Britain led to that they had to give up their sovereignity.

Today China owns America.. source.gif

However.. OTIB Supporters will always have a sanctuary in Sweden wink.gif

Heh, money. Can't take it with you. :rolleyes: I feel sorry for these people who are super millionares who are workaholics that scrimp and save until they die of old age, Whats the point in that? There is no point they missed it :doh:

SL is doing the right thing putting some money into BCFC imho, his name will live on far beyond his years and ours.

Being rich is nothing, its just numbers on a sheet of paper, its what you do with your money that counts.

Archived