IGNORED

Kitson

havanatopia

Some interesting reading about the guy....

http://www.whydelilah.co.uk/news/07_Aug_2008/Talking%20To%20The%20Thinking%20Man.html

http://www.whydelilah.co.uk/news/02_May_2010/Kitson+slams+Stoke+boss+Pulis.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/stoke/article7112203.ece

My friend is a die hard Stokie and says that while he has not been a success at Stoke, due in some part to his bust up with Pulis, he would do a very decent job for us.

Hope the wages can be sorted and he is motivated to join us as i think he would be a good signing for Steve and of course they know each other well; he would get the best out of him i am sure of that.

Personally, considering his wages, transfer fee and his age I think he wouldn't be a cost effective move.

Rumours have his wages anywhere as high as £30k a week, I doubt it's quite that high, but still. We might be on a very healthy financial footing but those wages are not a trend we should be following if we want to be sustainable.

His age (he's 30 isn't he?) means he doesn't have long left as a top end striker, and while he might have the guile and experience a younger player would lack I'd personally like to see us going with players who have a chance of retaining their value.

No doubting he would be a good foil for Maynard, his record is pretty decent. But finance, age and even his abject loan spell at Reading last season would cause me to look elsewhere.

He was on a reported 30k a week when on loan at middlesboro, cannot see any point in paying that for a 30 year old whose best years are probably behind him. What will Maynard demand if we want him to stay when a player is getting paid at least double what he is?

He was on a reported 30k a week when on loan at middlesboro, cannot see any point in paying that for a 30 year old whose best years are probably behind him. What will Maynard demand if we want him to stay when a player is getting paid at least double what he is?

Does anyone know what Maynard gets paid???

Guest oftbc
<br />I thought it was around 12k, but that is only going by what i have read on here.<br />
<br /><br /><br />I'm not so sure it would be that high tbh. But I do think now with just two seasons left on his contract we need to start talking to him now.

I thought it was around 12k, but that is only going by what i have read on here.

Considering he was signed from Crewe and came without an agent, I'd be amazed if he was on half of that! I personally think he should be offered a new deal making him the highest paid player in the squad...

Personally, considering his wages, transfer fee and his age I think he wouldn't be a cost effective move.

Rumours have his wages anywhere as high as £30k a week, I doubt it's quite that high, but still. We might be on a very healthy financial footing but those wages are not a trend we should be following if we want to be sustainable.

His age (he's 30 isn't he?) means he doesn't have long left as a top end striker, and while he might have the guile and experience a younger player would lack I'd personally like to see us going with players who have a chance of retaining their value.

No doubting he would be a good foil for Maynard, his record is pretty decent. But finance, age and even his abject loan spell at Reading last season would cause me to look elsewhere.

Well exactly...

Next please...

:fastasleep:

Edited by Superjack