IGNORED

Coppell Gone - Official Sms

newarkred

To give Millen 3 years after we were in the market for a manager only a few months ago must surely highlight that we struggled to attract then the candidate that we wanted- unlikely to be anyone to go for now. Even since having signed David James.

Can't say it's a shock - Coppell didn't even apply for the job he was invited to apply. Didn't turn up. His history. The signs were all there.

Maybe we should realise our club is not as high profile as we like to think it is.

<br />I just got a call from a mate and I have to say it was one of the few times I've been speechless in my 22 years. In hindsight it seems that the whole time we were defending Coppell's 'measured' management style we were really just making excuses for a complete and utter lack of heart. On the plus side I imagine the players are just as shocked as the fans and will hopefully channel some of that anger into a much more committed and direct performance this Saturday. They definitely have something to prove. I like Millen but this will be a real test for him. My only fear is that this whole crisis will have the opposite effect on the players and their relationship with the manager will turn into something that resembles that of an unruly school class with a supply teacher. The question now that I imagine will be answered in the coming months is how much of our squad really care about the club.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Obviously very shocked, but that is a really top post.

Have read this on Facebook posted by the Evil Post and this is their reply...

Bristol Evening Post Breaking News: Steve Coppell resigns as Bristol City manager - more to follow.

28 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike

o

Sonia Ellett what the hell???????????

17 minutes ago · LikeUnlike ·

o

Bristol Evening Post Coppeller the Bottler!!

5 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

* Write a comment...

What a bunch of TW**ts.

Good luck Keith. You done well at the end of last season, and Im sure you can do it for us again.

Always believe.

I hate to say it, but I've not warmed to the man from day one and I've been

making excuses for him throughout. Not getting involved with the club the

moment he was appointed (family holiday my a*se); lacklustre engagement with the

media; dreadful pre-season; uninspiring signings (can we all now admit that we

thought Cisse was a completely crap signing?); no engagement with the fans; no

ability to motivate the players. Good bl**dy riddance. I was in favour of

appointing Millie in the first place and its only a shame we didn't do it in May

- the only difference I can see is that we wouldn't have David James in goal

(and maybe not so many injuries - who knows what effect the pre-season regime on

that). Coppell is an utter disgrace and its a shame the club can't sue him for

the damage he has done.

Onwards and upwards. Let's hope Millie can have the same effect he had after

Gazza's departure.

Totally shocked. Suppose it was always a bit too good to be true. just when we seem to get a leg up we get knocked back again. Although Millen did well at the end of last season.

We got to all prove Coppell he was wrong to walk away from us, we are worth it. If he can't find passion and commitment we certainly can.

<br />Totally shocked. Suppose it was always a bit too good to be true. just when we seem to get a leg up we get knocked back again. Although Millen did well at the end of last season. <br /><br />We got to all prove Coppell he was wrong to walk away from us, we are worth it. If he can't find passion and commitment we certainly can.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Absolutely - dare I say "Always Believe!" Come on KM, get those boys working hard and attacking like you did before!

I think personally the challenge had just got to big for him. With all the injuries we got and the window closing very soon along with our wage cap it cant be easy to live up to the fans hype and expectations.

But what a difference a thew weeks can make we were all so happy we had one of the best managers in the league we had a pretty good squad and we just signed England's number one. Now we have a average bloke as manager a injury list bigger then my arm and a bloke in goal who has big hair ha!ha!

It is possible to be shocked and yet at the same time not completely surprised, which is as near as I can get to describing my own reaction. That, and angry. The anger may well be modified when we've had a chance to hear Coppell's own explanation - but it had better be good. If there's one thing that I hate in life it's being messed around and let down by somebody and that's how this feels. It's hugely irresponsible of him to have taken this job if he had any reason to think he might struggle and it makes sense if he is saying he's retired permanently from the game because, frankly, he'd never get another job in football after this.

There were aspects of his demeanour that had started to cause me some disquiet about his long-term appetite for the job, but the suddenness of this has caught me completely off guard. He's left the club in an almighty mess, having begun to shape a squad and left the task less than half done, and one can only guess at how players are feeling who may have come here largely because of his reputation, such as perhaps James and Cisse.

I fully support Lansdown's decision to appoint Millen. It's the obvious call to make in what is now something of a crisis. We don't need more uncertainty while shortlists are drawn up and interviews held, whilst a blizzard of rumour surrounds any prosective new appointment. There is an immediate need for continuity and stability and Millen can provide that. My only doubt would be the length of contract, but in fairness the bloke is entitled to some security after giving good service to the club, and he will need time in the job to sort this lot out. It is also Lansdown's way to back people and plan for the long term, so the commitment from the club is consistent with that.

So, the very best of luck to the guy. He's going to need it, at least in the short term.

<br />People have been sold season tickets under false promises<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No they haven't - People have been sold season tickets under the promise that you get to see all of Bristol City's home league games, I don't know about you but I didn't buy a season ticket to watch Steve quitter Coppell.

Very, very, disappointed.

Millen being given a three year deal seems far too 'knee jerk'. I fail to believe he was the second best candidate less than a year ago, just as I fail to believe he is the best now.

Under no circumstances should David James role at the club change. Fantastic signing that he was, id rather he walked than was elevated to a position of undue responsibility amidst the fallout.

Time for the whole club to come together as one.

Good luck Keith, despite my reservations you have my absolute support.

Archived