IGNORED

Coppell Gone - Official Sms

newarkred

Reading between the lines I think he became frustrated that he could not get the players that he wanted (talked of nothing coming to fruition)and with the current crop of injuries he anticipated a difficult time ahead.  He has made it clear that he doesn't consider the current squad to be strong enough and it now seems he has neither the passion nor commitment for what lies ahead.

Still, to resign after only two games is appalling and makes the club look ridiculous.

If Millen was genuinely considered to be suitable as manager he would have been appointed at the end of last season. Whilst I wish Keith all the best I think he has been appointed in the interests of short term expediency and to avoid the uncertainty and delay which would inevitably result from searching for another manager.

What an absoloute shambles.City are a laughing stock,Were crap.I am going to put money on us going down tbh.

This is what happens when you leave your pc logged in and your 11 year old decides to post on your account. He has been suitably bollocked.

Anyway, my thoughts are with Robbored at this time. He's spent the last few weeks informing us of the merits of Coppell over GJ.

My lad might think we're going down. I don't, but I do think what I said the other day about always being within a year or two of the promised land, only to be back at square one eventually, have come to fruition yet again. Didn't expect it to be this soon admittedly.

I don't actually feel much about this. I'm used to disappointment following this club. This is just another example in a history littered with disappointment.

i wish keith the very best of luck by god he will need it,what a mess were in injuries hardly a team left to pick and which of the new signings likley to walk away now that waster has just walked out think were in for a very bumpy ride.

I don't actually feel much about this. I'm used to disappointment following this club. This is just another example in a history littered with disappointment.

Spot on. After 57 years "chasing the dream" there have been far too many nightmares! This is just another of them!

Must be really boring following a successful team!

to be honest. people like me and leylandroad or what ever his name is get lamblasted evertime we critise this football club, he hopefully took bets coppell would be gone by christmas, I also believed this but didn't comment, lots of rose tinted specs will all the happy clappers.

BCFC will never reach the promised land without paying more in wages, you lot are just dreaming and so is lansdown, sadly the gane is full of Chairman who spend millions on players to reach the prem, that will never happen at CITY,

I am not blaming lansdown, he wants to kid you all he wants prem football, he wont back that Claim and I dont blame him but it is just a joke,

COPPELL is a useless quitter like KEEGAN, I hope we all get behind MILLEN and the team spirit will save us from relegation, we have some great fans, but dont kid yourselfs we aint goint to the prem EVER. unless some big money man comes in who wants to buy success.

So we signed CISSE who is totall crap, James will stay, we need 5 players now. if we want to stay up.

So there I was having a coffee break at work when my friend texts me the good news...What the hell??? This must be some sort of wind up?!

I have to say that I'm absolutely furious. Coppell has shown himself to be the gutless, spineless individual, many people thought he was. I just can't believe he's done this to us. What the hell has changed in the matter of a few weeks?

In less than a week we've lost our opening game of the season to a team who have only just got promoted, dumped out of the league cup by a team two divisions below us and virtually bankrupt, lost our best player for several months, and now this. Like the early 80s all over again. So I'm told!

I'm in shock. Really am.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed, but probably shouldn't be surprised, by Lansdown's very measured and polite response to this. I would have been spitting feathers. He should pile on the guilt trip, trash him publicly. I guess that's not really going to happen is it? Coppell deserves it though.

Oh yeah, what's happened to this website? Mods, are you doing work on it or is this the new format? Not much colour on it!

Do you have any idea how busy it might be? The choice was go to a lo-graphics style or turn the server off..

i am not surprised although a little shocked. saturday was a mess. he told us we needed a striker, he signed vokes and left him on the bench, he said Hunt was 2weeks away from fitness yet played him 90mins, Cisse was not fit yet came on. played 4-3-3, yet for most of game it resembled 4-5-1, with Clarkson chasing thin air. tuesday and virtually same squad cant beat southend. think he never had heart and passion and now he has ****** off we can let Keith get on and bring some stability and assuredness and above all passion to our play. at times on saturday it resembled watching johnsons teams towards the end of his tenure, clueless.

i am not surprised although a little shocked. saturday was a mess. he told us we needed a striker, he signed vokes and left him on the bench, he said Hunt was 2weeks away from fitness yet played him 90mins, Cisse was not fit yet came on. played 4-3-3, yet for most of game it resembled 4-5-1, with Clarkson chasing thin air. tuesday and virtually same squad cant beat southend. think he never had heart and passion and now he has ****** off we can let Keith get on and bring some stability and assuredness and above all passion to our play. at times on saturday it resembled watching johnsons teams towards the end of his tenure, clueless.

Cisse didn't come on, or did I blink and miss him? He wasn't even on the bench on Saturday.

Why an absolute disgrace. Surely he will have lost a massive amount of respect in the football world. Also James only signed because of Coppell, and thousands only got season tickets because of Coppell, and he's ****** them all over. What a nob.

I knew he was looking a bit fed up after recent results and player injuries etc, but to quit after just 2 games of the season is completely bottling it! To be honest, I was expecting a few more bad results before things would hopefully get better, but if this doesn't give the club a big kick up the a$$, then I don't think anything will!!!

So ****ing angry!

Wanted Coppell for a long time (even before GJ left). Came on here time and again to say so.

Other people said "He's a quitter, his heart won't be in it". "Bollocks" I said.

I've been made to look like a complete **** by someone who really IS one.

**** off Coppell!!! 'Retired from football management' my arse! You wait 'til the next decent job in London comes up.

Let's all just get behind Millie, It's all we can do now.

We will go down though, I'm afraid. Even if we had all the crocks back, we would still need at least 4 quality signings. Signings that, through no fault of his own Keith Millen will not be able to attract.

GJ must be pissing himself!

Holloway? Pulis?...

... No, we have a new hate figure now...

...shortass ****!!!

:ranting:

Archived