IGNORED

Coppell Gone - Official Sms

newarkred

This could well mean James goes as well. This smacks of Coppell just not fancing having to create a new squad over three years again like Reading. Just can't be bothered basically.

******* joke - what a laughing stock we'll be

Or it could mean James could become assistant manager.

Very sad news and we become the laughing stock of the football league.

It must be about money :(

No we won't be the laughing stock of the football league. Coppell has done this before although he didn't retire from management,

Its not about money either. Read what he says on the OS. He's lost the passion for management and didn't feel he could carry on without full committment.

Lets all get behind Millen now.

It would be a pisser if Steve Coppell took over at Villa......

But at the same time, Millen changed our season last year and deserves our full support. Good Luck Millen

Exactly. **** Coppell, he's gone and we need to get behind a man who actually cares about this football club in Keith Millen.

We are not a laughing stock. Steve Coppell is. Onwards and upwards

Keith Millen did a great job for us at the back-end of last season, showed himself to be flexible with regard to selection and tactics. Saved us from relegation in my opinion and you can't argue with W5 D3 L1.

Personally I think this is a fantastic appointment and I wish him all the best. Still would like to know why he didn't want the job last Summer, however.

<br />Feel sorry for anyone who put money on us getting promoted, what a complete c@@t Coppell is, that's twice he's bottled it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't think it's about money. Just think Coppell hasn't got the desire to see the job through. He's a strange one that's for sure.

I feel totally cheated by it.

Good luck Keith you have my total support.

Now I really dont believe this, I am absolutely gutted.... So much so i could quite easily burst out in to tears right this very moment.... not the fact that he has gone, more to the fact i have spent most of the summer convincing my 4 year old that Gary J is no longer at bristol city, top that with Bradley Orr his favourite player leaving, and having to constantly teach him it "down at Ashton Gate There's Stevie C and the red red robins too"...

and Now I have to tell him "Stevie C" has gone.... he is just going to think I am a compulsive liar....

"Down at Ashton Gate there's Keithy M???? Just sounds rubbish!!!!

pffffff!

Very sad news and we become the laughing stock of the football league.

It must be about money :(

second person to say its about money - it isnt, clearly. coppell for whatever reason has bottled it. Maybe for sound personal reasons, maybe because newspapers were about to break something, maybe because he just looked at his life, the stress of managing a club, and money he already has in the bank and decided no need to put himself through it anymore. Either way - he's bottled it, and its nothing the club has done wrong.

Keith Millen has my full support - anyone saying anything different should be ashamed of themselves!

Archived