IGNORED

Coppell Gone - Official Sms

newarkred

I don't think James will go, as he'll certainly be given some sort of coaching role as well now, with Millen now manager, and it gives him an opening for the future. James doesn't have history of walking and doesn't come across as that type of player. I think he will prove a massive morale boost to the team, and will help lift the club, In all honesty he should be made Captain now Skuse & Carey are injured, it's a no brainer. Most respected and experienced player at the club.

The signs were there, holidaying in Pattaya, enjoying life in between jobs on the golf course, missing our last two games of the season and relying on DVDs...

Some of us had hinted at it previously, his heart wasn't in it from the start...

Still shocked obviously, but not overly suprised.

This is a massive disappointment though.

Lansdown must be truly gutted.

<br />im suprised SL has given millen a 3 year contract tbh i thought he would of gave him this season to see how he does but 3 YEAR contract?????<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That confused me a bit too. Obviously it makes sense for Keith to be given the job but a 3 year contract as manager :S I can only guess that he had 3 years left on his deal as assistant and he's just been promoted.

I don't see James leaving, he didn't sign because of SC.

Odd decision to give KM a 3 year deal, but he has my full support - he knows the club inside out, the players gave him massive respect last season when he was in charge, so lets see some more of that please.

I really dont know what to say,and far to quick to appoint Millen on a three year. Should have been made temp for now.

The sad thing is that i honestly thought with Coppell in charge we would sea wealth of new talent come into our club. Can Millen do that? Personally i dont think so.

What the future holds is anyones guess.

And Mr Coppell, you have let us down, irrespective of your thoughts and feelings. You should have stuck it out for some time longer

Well I feel like I've wasted £85 and I certainly won't be coming down the gate any time soon. ****ing joke this is and as much as I appreciate the desire to improve this club it's obvious it's just not going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see James leave next and seeing as the rest of our squad never show any spirit I wouldn't be surprised if the relegation battle will now commence.

It's not even me I feel bad for, it's people like Landsdown, James and Maynard who show so much passion only to see it wasted.

The rumours will undoubtubly circulate now but i heard something about his personal life in the summer that i have kept to myself and i just wonder if it's something to do with it.

Never the less i feel cheated and sick to my stomach. Good luck Milly though i think a 3 year deal is a bit much. Back to square one. Gutted!

Day 42 in the Ashton Gate house,

8.45PM

KEith has been in and out of the Board "diary" room all evening,

BSB -Hello Keith

KM - Hello Big "Steve L" Brother

BSB - Is something wrong?

KM - Well I dont think Little Steve is very happy! he seems to be in a right strop because nobody wants to sign for this club and the ones that do are crocked!

BSB - Oh well, we will make him do a task of buying as many players that nobody has really heard of or wants here, the dregs on the football pile...

KM - Good Thinking Big "STeve" Brother... He is bound to walk... just Like that Irish bird!!!

Day 43

9.30am

Little balding Steve, makes a run for it and has not been seeen since!!

Even Caiomhe in the Big Brother house lasted londer than Steve Coppell!!!!

I just got a call from a mate and I have to say it was one of the few times I've been speechless in my 22 years. In hindsight it seems that the whole time we were defending Coppell's 'measured' management style we were really just making excuses for a complete and utter lack of heart. On the plus side I imagine the players are just as shocked as the fans and will hopefully channel some of that anger into a much more committed and direct performance this Saturday. They definitely have something to prove. I like Millen but this will be a real test for him. My only fear is that this whole crisis will have the opposite effect on the players and their relationship with the manager will turn into something that resembles that of an unruly school class with a supply teacher. The question now that I imagine will be answered in the coming months is how much of our squad really care about the club.

<br />The signs were there, holidaying in Pattaya, enjoying life in between jobs on the golf course, missing our last two games of the season and relying on DVDs...<br /><br />Some of us had hinted at it previously, his heart wasn't in it from the start...<br /><br />Still shocked obviously, but not overly suprised.<br /><br />This is a massive disappointment though.<br /><br />Lansdown must be truly gutted.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

And he kept calling us "Bristol" !

Coppell never looked too happy since he has been here so no point in him hanging around .Dont think it makes us look a laughing stock more like him . Milly did a great job for us last season and will do again I think ,about time he was given a chance .Lets get behind him straight away Keith Millens Red and White army has a ring to it ,onwards and upwards ,you reddddssss

Not that suprised about Coppell leaving- he has done it before. But disapointed with Keith Millen- feel it is a real step backwards. Sure he may have done well at the end of last season, but I suspect that was more to do with Gary Johnson leaving and the players being lifted. Hope he does well but I have real concerns we could be back in League 1.

Archived