IGNORED

Coppell Gone - Official Sms

newarkred

Am I the only one who feels kinds, wrm relieved? Ok, let me explain. I think Coppell is a fantasic manager, but, I just couldn't warm to him. It, well, just didn't feel right! Did anyone else get that feeling? I think Millen will do a fantasic job.

Good luck to you Milly

Now that the dust is starting to settle and im sure that we will all in years to come look back in a few years time at the last couple of weeks that events at BS3 have been like something out of Footballers Wives - so incredible that only a good script writer would concoct? New manager with proven pedigree that most (including myself) welcomed with open arms and honestly thought would lead us to the promised land, a very poor close season, signing Englands number one goalkeeper, probably the worst injury crisis the club has EVER faced, massive optimism on the first day of the league season only for that to be totally blown away by a club freshly arrived in our league, "rumours" (And thank God they were only rumours) that after said game a Millwall coach had been set on fire and possibly a life had been lost, being knocked out of a pointless cup by a team that a few weeks ago realistically could now no longer exist and now the new manager has gone, etc. etc.

You really could not make it up and who amongst us could have really predicted all of the above 12 months ago?

Strangely I do not feel any hatred towards SC. Everybody has the right to realise that they have made a mistake and the one thing that I am glad is that at least he has decided to go now, rather than drag it on. Yes the timing is not great but shit happens and it is history now.

My feelings tonight are in this direction tonight:-

1. I will give Milly my total support although I really have to question just why the decision to give him a three year contract has been taken so quickly??? He did a fantastic job at the end of last season but as some have already mentioned just how much did last seasons successes owe to a change in management style when GJ left??? If so that feel good factor will not last for ever. There is no reason why Milly could have been appointed "caretaker" for at least a week until at least it was clear just as to WHO might be available??? Knee jerk seems to spring to mind?

2. Just WHERE was Steve Lansdown today? Why was Sexpot left to face the masses? SL admitted on this forum that HE approached SC - SC was the only name considered who did not apply after GJ departed. To most of us now it looks like SL may not have made a wise choice so why has he not even made a comment on HIS decision and why it went wrong???

3. Where does this leave the likes of the new fitness trainer Kunhle, even Alan Walsh??? Walshy has shown great commitment to this club so why should he not be considered as Millys number two?

At the end of the day, certainly not a great few days, weeks for our beloved BCFC and it can only be hoped that we all come out of it stronger.

But I would ask all that reads my thoughts to just remember one thing at this time of trouble and upheaval at our club.................................

Exeter and Southampton have postponed their games on Saturday as a mark of respect to two of their own who will sadly no longer ever visit either St.James's or St.Marys ever again.

ADAM STANSFIELD, MARKUS LIEBHERR RIP

Personally I think this puts our problems into some perspective..................

Am I the only one who feels kinds, wrm relieved? Ok, let me explain. I think Coppell is a fantasic manager, but, I just couldn't warm to him. It, well, just didn't feel right! Did anyone else get that feeling? I think Millen will do a fantasic job.

Good luck to you Milly

Yep spot on, he was far too downbeat for my liking. Football's a passionate game but above all it should be fun. Coppell had an interview style that was more worthy of someone reacting to a major global disaster. I felt a bit sorry for him but definitely didn't feel comfortable with him as manager. That's what I liked about GK especially when he first game - he brought a feel good buzz about the club. The pressure made him lose the lighter touch and he became a bit too intense and lost his 'we'd rather win 4-3 with some style than grind out a 1-0 win' philosophy.

Well win or lose after a Coppell interview it would probably be deflating rather than uplifting. I wondered how he could be successful as I struggle to understand how his downbeat approach could lift players, so perhaps the secret has been his usual number two Wally Downes? Food for thought there when Keith Millen picks someone to work with.

He must have drained the players confidence as well by constantly moaning about the injuries and undermining the available players. I suppose an early indication was when he took a holiday rather than prepare for the new season and chose to watch Brentford rather than City.

GJ had the early knack of making an inexperienced player or even an average player feel like he was a special talent. I think KM can do likewise. SC seemed to be bitter that he hadn't the budget for 11 new ex-premier players. I'm disappointed that he stayed long enough to bring in three big money players as I would like to see the Club raiding league one and two for the top 18 to 24 year olds who will be hungry to impress and within the wage structure.

I rate Keith Millen and wanted him to be given the job after GJ left - look at the Liverpool boot room and nobody would have picked Bob Paisley or Joe Fagan and they achieved amazing success. I think Keith will be very successful as long as those who only want a star name with no affection for this Club give him time.

Good luck to Keith. I hope he makes a decent fist of it and makes his reputation. If Coppell couldn't stand it then it's best he leave...looks and sounds depressed.

I write what follows with two tickets to Donny on the table in front of me...we'll be there..

...but sitting in an office in London this afternoon watching the news conference it was painfully obvious that there's something mickey mouse about City at times....from left to right, Adam looking uncomfortable in a suit...a dull journeyman central defender lacking any charisma who's somehow the manager...and a rather overweight business chap who seems to think he's the bees knees cos some press people are asking him questions....and he's not the owner, he's the owner's stand-in...

...not a great look...not oozing dynamism or adventure and certainly not challenging any assumptions about a sleepy back water...

...the past week or so has also included melt down in the ticket office just as we open longer hours to sell season tickets...Westfest, without doubt the worst event I've ever attended despite the best efforts of the Wurzels...the worst opening day performance in living memory...and a piss poor half time "entertainment" that has already been axed...

The club certainly make it hard to believe all the hype around the top flight and progress...

It's going to be a long drive to Doncaster and back...

Sorry if it's been covered elsewhere but one thing strikes me as strange in all of this.

Can anyone shed any light?

It has been announced that Steve Coppell handed in his resignation Wednesday morning, yet Keith Millen says he didn't know he had the job until he met and spoke to Steve Coppell Wednesday night.

Why didn't he hear from Lansdown or Sexstone before he met Coppell, strange.

Not massively surprised.

Body language of players and staff was a clear indicator things were not a happy ship.

While I think SCs a total s**t, the players themselves share the blame for our situation by producing woefully inept and sub standard performances.

Yes, lets get behind the team. .... but get ready to severely kick arse if they don't start showing some pride, passion and fight for the shirt we love. Even if you're crap which I think a number are we only ask you give us 100%.

:bruce_h4h:

If we ain't careful this bunch of wasters could destroy our club as SL I assume could well of had enough of the hassle and lack of progress. Millie on a 3year is telling for me that SL may have lost his drive and ambition to push us on.

to be honest. people like me and leylandroad or what ever his name is get lamblasted evertime we critise this football club, he hopefully took bets coppell would be gone by christmas, I also believed this but didn't comment, lots of rose tinted specs will all the happy clappers.

BCFC will never reach the promised land without paying more in wages, you lot are just dreaming and so is lansdown, sadly the gane is full of Chairman who spend millions on players to reach the prem, that will never happen at CITY,

I am not blaming lansdown, he wants to kid you all he wants prem football, he wont back that Claim and I dont blame him but it is just a joke,

COPPELL is a useless quitter like KEEGAN, I hope we all get behind MILLEN and the team spirit will save us from relegation, we have some great fans, but dont kid yourselfs we aint goint to the prem EVER. unless some big money man comes in who wants to buy success.

So we signed CISSE who is totall crap, James will stay, we need 5 players now. if we want to stay up.

it was bellends like you that made me quit this board last time we lost our manager. off i go again then.

seriously though - there is so much bullshit on this thing its not even funny

Not massively surprised.

Body language of players and staff was a clear indicator things were not a happy ship.

While I think SCs a total s**t, the players themselves share the blame for our situation by producing woefully inept and sub standard performances.

Yes, lets get behind the team. .... but get ready to severely kick arse if they don't start showing some pride, passion and fight for the shirt we love. Even if you're crap which I think a number are we only ask you give us 100%.

:bruce_h4h:

If we ain't careful this bunch of wasters could destroy our club as SL I assume could well of had enough of the hassle and lack of progress. Millie on a 3year is telling for me that SL may have lost his drive and ambition to push us on.

Just got back from holiday in Morococo and have had no acces to internet or no phone signal since i left on the 8th.. I am literally stunned.

No words to describe Coppell really. He always did come across as a strange bloke though.. But still to just walk away after 2 games and then retire? the onnly word i can use is random and totally out of order to us as a club.

From what little i have read i think we are all in agreement that its time to back Millen, but still W T F !.

Just got back from holiday in Morococo and have had no acces to internet or no phone signal since i left on the 8th.. I am literally stunned.

No words to describe Coppell really. He always did come across as a strange bloke though.. But still to just walk away after 2 games and then retire? the onnly word i can use is random and totally out of order to us as a club.

From what little i have read i think we are all in agreement that its time to back Millen, but still W T F !.

It could've been worse. Imagine yourself waking from a coma. 'Steve Coppell was appointed manager and left after 2 games. Oh, and David James plays for us now.' You wouldn't believe half of what's gone on over the last few months!

to be honest. people like me and leylandroad or what ever his name is get lamblasted evertime we critise this football club, he hopefully took bets coppell would be gone by christmas, I also believed this but didn't comment, lots of rose tinted specs will all the happy clappers.

BCFC will never reach the promised land without paying more in wages, you lot are just dreaming and so is lansdown, sadly the gane is full of Chairman who spend millions on players to reach the prem, that will never happen at CITY,

I am not blaming lansdown, he wants to kid you all he wants prem football, he wont back that Claim and I dont blame him but it is just a joke,

COPPELL is a useless quitter like KEEGAN, I hope we all get behind MILLEN and the team spirit will save us from relegation, we have some great fans, but dont kid yourselfs we aint goint to the prem EVER. unless some big money man comes in who wants to buy success.

So we signed CISSE who is totall crap, James will stay, we need 5 players now. if we want to stay up.

:rofl2br:

What a simple gent you must be

Archived