IGNORED

Ryan Harley Or Evander Sno

Nugget

Wow what negative post which is full of self inpoinanted crap.

Self opinionated crap? Well, as it's a forum I thought I might join in and post my opinion, pretty ironic choice of words you use. hey ho.

Negative post, in your mind it probably is, we had our chance to progress, our stock was high at the time and we chose not to do anything, now we are arguing the toss of whether a City reject who never made the grade and has always played at a lower level of football is a better option to have than a City reject who is recovering from a serious heart condition and failed to live up to expectation.

My point is I wouldn't choose either of them, we shouldn't be in this position, we should have spent the money on proven players during the January transfer window of the play off season and the summer immediately after the play off final, now it's far too late and forgive me for saying this but Ryan Harley or Evander Sno are not anywhere near good enough to get us out of this terrible mess we are in.

But back on point.

Sno technically and tactically is a far better player.

But as proven last season isn't good enough, and not what we need right now so forget him.

As for hindsight, that was needed after the play-off final win or lose before the final most people knew we needed a MAJOR rebuild, we didn't It cost Johnson his job

I agree with that, but boy do we need an organiser like Gary Johnson now to get us out of this, KM may work his balls off night and day but if he is incapable of getting his ideas across like Johnson did when he first came here then this major rebuild we are in the process of doing right now will cost Keith his job and City their place in the championship.

I'm very much a friend of Bristol City, but i have to suggest that Ryan Harley and Exeter may be pitching their sights a little higher than the team bottom of the Championship. Although i fully expect you to finish mid table or above it is a little presumptuous of you to assume that if you click your fingers Harley will come running. However much his stated love for you in the past ,you offloaded him and i think he will be looking for a bigger payday.I know if i had been sacked by my boss i would be looking to prove something to him one way or another. Harley has really started to realise his potential and having seen most of his games this season i really believe he may bypass the Championship altogether.

Good luck for the rest of the season and i hope you get the new ground and Plymouth rot in hell!

Harley was in print for saying he could fill our position on the left flank, he asked for a chance .

GJ did not rate Harley, signed McIndoe and released Harley. When Harley plays against Posh, he will have a major point to prove to GJ. Have they met this season yet ?

I kind of already stated this in my own thread of Ryan Harley, but in my honest opinion, it was a mistake for City to let him go so early without ever being given a proper run of games in the first team!

He could easily have been another Cole Skuse if he was given the same chance, and I would definitely welcome him back with open arms after what he has accomplished after being let go into the wilderness so to speak!

Clear the dead wood before buying anymore players.

Most sensible post I've read on here in weeks. We've got to descrease our squad size, and there's a lot of dead wood we need to ship out. We should be looking to build a balanced squad now, and whoever is in charge come the end of the season, be it Millen or not, will need to start a re-building job in my opinion.

Most sensible post I've read on here in weeks. We've got to descrease our squad size, and there's a lot of dead wood we need to ship out. We should be looking to build a balanced squad now, and whoever is in charge come the end of the season, be it Millen or not, will need to start a re-building job in my opinion.

Exactly.

We Should of got rid of quite a few, Before the season started, our squad is still hugely unbalanced despite it's size.

I'd prefer to have assembled a smaller squad with good players rather than a huge squad with a large ammount of alsorans, the wage ougoings would probably be less and we wouldn't be bottom of the league. We would also arguably be able to attract better players, let's face it if we are struggling in January our signings are unlikey to be that impressive.

Exactly.

We Should of got rid of quite a few, Before the season started, our squad is still hugely unbalanced despite it's size.

I'd prefer to have assembled a smaller squad with good players rather than a huge squad with a large ammount of alsorans, the wage ougoings would probably be less and we wouldn't be bottom of the league. We would also arguably be able to attract better players, let's face it if we are struggling in January our signings are unlikey to be that impressive.

Seconded. My mate was saying if you could play your whole squad we'd probably be top cos we'd have ten more players than most teams! The fact that the squad was so unbalanced following a 5 year managerial reign was both highly unusual and quite ridiculous.

I'd take Harley back and give him the chance he should have had the first time here. Which fool let him go in the first place???

But honestly, at the moment the squad is far too big and a lot of poorer players have to be moved on to trim our wage bill.

Do you really think Harley would have been the player he is now had he stayed at City?? no chance.

I know Ryan, nice lad but leaving City was the best thing that ever happened to him. He loved the social scene far to much and it hindered his progression massively. Leaving City and that scene was a wake up call for him, very much found himself in the "last chance saloon"

Do you really think Harley would have been the player he is now had he stayed at City?? no chance.

I know Ryan, nice lad but leaving City was the best thing that ever happened to him. He loved the social scene far to much and it hindered his progression massively. Leaving City and that scene was a wake up call for him, very much found himself in the "last chance saloon"

agree with that, no doubting his natural talent but a stint at a club like Weston will either go one way or the other, Luckily for Ryan he saw it as a wake up call and took it upon himself to force his way back into the football league, Obviously he's also been lucky to play for Exeter during their period of success which has further escalated him up the leagues, but on the face of it you cannot fault the lads commitment to make the best of it.

Would be delighted to have him here, he seems to be very creative, and have the unteachable nack of turning up in the right place at the right time! which is something we certainly lack!

He's a self proclaimed city fan, what better way to become a city idol than returning to the motherland and saving his club from the doom and gloom of a relagation dogfight! :preacher:

Agree with that.

At least when the likes of Coles, Brown Brother and fortune used to go out on the beer they had the "class" to be big time in someone like Edwards (which was a terrible place in it's own right), during his city days Harley was the king of "Lloyds bar"

leaving City was the best thing that ever happened to him, unlike the likes of the Brown brothers and Clayton, he got his head straight and has forged himself a decent league career. Where as the likes of the Brown brothers are playing non league for the likes of Darlington and the famous Truro City! WASTERS

Agree with that.

At least when the likes of Coles, Brown Brother and fortune used to go out on the beer they had the "class" to be big time in someone like Edwards (which was a terrible place in it's own right), during his city days Harley was the king of "Lloyds bar"

leaving City was the best thing that ever happened to him, unlike the likes of the Brown brothers and Clayton, he got his head straight and has forged himself a decent league career. Where as the likes of the Brown brothers are playing non league for the likes of Darlington and the famous Truro City! WASTERS

Marvin Brown - the next big thing!! :tumbleweed:

Back to the 'debate'. I'd go for Sno, assuming he's physically capable of playing. I think we have enough in wide areas and up front. Our problem is working the ball to these players, and that is mostly to do with the centre of the pitch. Skuse has been as effective as a chocolate fireplace this season, Elliott puts it in, but isn't a passer, more the legs of the midfield. We need a midfielder who demands the ball and wants to get things going. The chap Hartley was very good at it. Evander would probably have played in this role had we not already signed Hartley. He ended up wide in midfield or further forward because that was where GJ could fit him in. We didn't need him last year, but we're crying out for a player like him this year. Stick him in front of the defence and get loads of movement around him and he can do a Jan Molby impression - he was bordering obese, but managed to run games without either breaking into a jog or leaving the centre circle. An inspiration to fat players everywhere..

Archived