IGNORED

Bobby Hutchinson Located For Thursday, Steve Neville Still In Australia

Bobby Hutchison will be in attendance,but Glynn Riley will not be able to attend the freight rover event at Ashton Gate on Thursday

Any senior members on here remember a story about Glyn Riley and his goals and Video tapes?

I'm confused. Glyn Riley was at Ashton Gate a week ago, with Howard Pritchard.

Why is he now in Australia?

Thanks for posting that CH.

Did anyone else remember the whole sherpa/LDV range being driven around the pitch before the game?

Might have to dust off the old VCR and dig in the attic for the tape of the match, as from my hazy memory I couldn't remember it being as exciting as that clip made it out to be, and with no little semblence of quality either!

My memory's from this game,lets have yours as well

Not sure if it was the Bolton final or the following year against Mansfield

that Police stopped mini bus's with Parents and children inside the mini bus's and confiscated the booze in the vans

I still have the tape of the game(ON BETAMAX) and I still do have a Beta max player

Some one sent me a audio recording of the match with Jonathan Pearce doing the commentary

One of the better ones was a City fan/s who asked some one to play the radio commentary DOWN THE TELEPHONE LINE to Australia

I think the cost was about NINETY QUID

A lot of money 25 years ago

Whats your memory's of the game

As an innocent 15 year old one thing I remember is a couple of young ladies (using the term loosely) shall we say "baring their assets" in the run up to kick-off, an unexpected bonus on what was an amazing day. The other thing

Haha! I can remember that and I was 7!! Loads of cheering and there were 2 birds and one of them got them out! Would be good to see that down the gate every now and again!!

vid on youtube

Watching that, seeing the hoards of City fans on the M4 en route to Wembley in 'mass exodus' from Bristol that day - Thirty Odd Thousand Fans - a couple of hundred coaches, uncountable cars & others by train etc.........A Wembley Sea of Red ...A Great Day !...............

it makes me realise .....

JUST HOW HUGE the NEW STADIUM (anti AV 'village green') PETITION really is.... 30,000 + signatures when seen in the flesh as it were is bloody impressive!!

Signature Count

- Quoting & seeing figures is one thing -but to see the reality of just how many people those numbers represent is something else -

- to deny Bristol its Stadium would be a travesty - Keep Fighting & Supporting !! -

:city:

I remember having all my videos from the 70s-80s-90s and wembley finals all put onto dvd, it cost me a lot of money to do that and is still a very good sset of dvds. I approached Richard Gould at the time and he said the club were not allowed to sell them.. I did and got banned from the forum for doing it..

I gave a few sets to Jackinowski, walshy, Glyn Riley who i arranged to meet in a local pub in Clevedon.. A few other City players as well.

Jackinowski was really happy as he had never seen the clips i had of him before and none of his family had either..

If anyone is interested in 6 dvds hours and hours of viewing, inbox me on facebook,(mark whitehouse) not the forum, then i cant get banned...:laugh:..

I remember having all my videos from the 70s-80s-90s and wembley finals all put onto dvd, it cost me a lot of money to do that and is still a very good sset of dvds. I approached Richard Gould at the time and he said the club were not allowed to sell them.. I did and got banned from the forum for doing it..

I gave a few sets to Jackinowski, walshy, Glyn Riley who i arranged to meet in a local pub in Clevedon.. A few other City players as well.

Jackinowski was really happy as he had never seen the clips i had of him before and none of his family had either..

If anyone is interested in 6 dvds hours and hours of viewing, inbox me on facebook,(mark whitehouse) not the forum, then i cant get banned...:laugh:..

youd selll your mum whiters

Sorry its Steve Neville who is still in Australia,glad some one keeps an eye on me?

Can I edit my original posting?

Any senior members on here remember a story about Glyn Riley and his goals and Video tapes?

Hate to admit to it but I do remember that. It was part of apiece HTV West did on the run up to the Wembley Final when it turned out that Glyn Riley's misses had taped Eastenders or something over his goals video tape!

Archived