IGNORED

Your The Manager.

Whites

Colin just told you that you have got £2.3m to spend but you must buy a DR,DL, CB, CM. Realistically who you gonna try and get??

I'd blow the whole £2.3 million on buying an attacking central midfielder - Chris Eagles from Burnley would be my choice.

I see the forum police are out tonight....

Well Whites i.d go for :

LB - MATTOCK (WBA) not sure what they'd want for him as he seems to be surplus at the Hawthorns. Lets say £250 - £500k. Its time for him to rediscover his form and push on, Wigley can help him do that.

RB - Zooveloon (sp) (WBA) FREE - Not sure he'd come to us but if you dont ask..... Was quality in the Championship a few years ago. Failing that i'd go for:

RB - LITTLE (PBRO) £1MILL Really impressed me in the play offs and has got good reviews all season. In the Spence mold, good young enthusuastic attacking full back.

CB - St LEDGER (FREE) A current intenational, not the quickest but reads the game well. Young enough to still develop but still a leader on the pitch

AM - NORRIS (FREE) As i've mentioned in other threads i think he would be quality. Yes he's 30 but with such a crucial position we need someone who's been there done it at this level IMO. Norris can play in a 2 or can opperate further forward if we choose to have Cisse sitting deep. Intelligent footballer that will score and create chances but will also put in a shift.

So at best we've spent £250 -£500k, at worst we've spent £1.5 mill. Still plenty of cash for Colin to put behind the bar in the DEH for the opening day! :clapping:

Billy Jones - free - can cover both RB/LB then use Edwards more often as extra RB cover and allow Jones to play LB with Macca as his cover there.

Sean St Ledger - up to £750k region, will be looking to play championship football.

Ritchie De Laet - loan - if possible on a season loan, can cover the back 4, spent last year on loan at 3 different championship clubs (sheffield utd, preston and portsmouth) hasn't made a Utd appearance for 2 years at least. Could be worth a go. If not then try for Jack Robinson on loan from Liverpool.

CM - Akoz Buzsaky seems the common name on here which wouldn't be a bad thing tbh. will be interesting to see how much QPR spend on their midfield this summer.

Lee Williamson of Sheffield Utd usually seems to impress me when we play against him, probably wouldnt take a big fee to get from them either as i imagine he would want to be leaving this summer.

Use some of the transfer fee to try and lure Neil Danns if he hasn't already found a club, would be the priority of the three.

Just my opinion :tumbleweed:

oh right, just looked it up, been away for a few days and hadnt heard about that move, fair enough on mine play De Laet RB and try and get Robinson in on loan as well. Edwards/Ribiero and Macca/Nyntanga act as cover for wing back

Colin just told you that you have got £2.3m to spend but you must buy a DR,DL, CB, CM. Realistically who you gonna try and get??

If I say to Colin, "What does DR, DL, CB and CM mean?" does this mean my future as City manager is limited?

I can only hope Colin has never played computer football games....and is as confused as me.

no sorry I don"t own the game, nor do I know anyone else who does

besides I"m too old for silly games just prefer to use what little knowledge I have on football matterrs

Fair enough. I just wonder sometimes where people get their scouting knowledge from. Obviously we all know about players in the top couple of divs in england but does anyone really watch the scottish football? In my experiencemost people suggest scottish based players because they have found them to be 'good' on FM.

As this isn't the case for you, why have you selected these guys? (wallace, graham carey etc)

It wasn't.

As for St Ledger not being the right man, feel free to offer an alternative

Err..... i never said anything about Sean St Ledger, i think he'd be a good signing if available for a reasonable price (i doubt he'll be available on a free as some have intimated) but if we can sign experienced full backs on each side, i.e. Crainey at LB, i'd be tempted to give Wilson a go at centre half with Fontaine rather than sign a new player permanently

Fair enough. I just wonder sometimes where people get their scouting knowledge from. Obviously we all know about players in the top couple of divs in england but does anyone really watch the scottish football? In my experiencemost people suggest scottish based players because they have found them to be 'good' on FM.

As this isn't the case for you, why have you selected these guys? (wallace, graham carey etc)

As I said it is just a little knowledge gleaned through various sources (not all of them directly attributable to me ) but I do have relatives in scotland who I do see occasionally on special datesand i am fortunate enough to be able to see games on these occasions

DR - Jordan Spence (West Ham), Lee Peltier (Huddersfield, £750,000), Kieran Trippier (Man City, Loan), Richie De Laet (Man Utd, Loan)

DL - Andrew Taylor (Middlesbrough, Free)

CB - Stephen Caulker (Tottenham, Loan), Danny Batth (Wolves, Loan), Craig Dawson (West Brom, Loan), Ryan Shotton (Stoke)

CM - Neil Kilkenny (Leeds, Free), Henri Lansbury (Arsenal, Loan), Josh McEachran (Chelsea, Loan), Neil Danns (Crystal Palace, Free)

In my line of work I meet people from all over who support a wide variety of teams. By talking to then you find out who their fav players are and why. So when they are on telly or mentioned in the press you have a little preknowledge so you look a little more closely.

In my line of work I meet people from all over who support a wide variety of teams. By talking to then you find out who their fav players are and why. So when they are on telly or mentioned in the press you have a little preknowledge so you look a little more closely.

You put it more eloquently and succinctly than I

Thanks

Archived