IGNORED

Bcfc Fans Abroad

City_USA

Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

Although I just got back from a short vacation to Anna Maria Island near Sarasota, Florida. Went on the 'Rod & Reel' pier for a cold beer where the redneck barman was playing good old boy country music. Wasn't too bad until "Goodnight Irene" was played. Ruiined the whole trip.

<br />Atlanta, Georgia, USA.  <br /><br />Although I just got back from a short vacation to Anna Maria Island near Sarasota, Florida.  Went on the 'Rod &amp; Reel' pier for a cold beer where the redneck barman was playing good old boy country music.  Wasn't too bad until &quot;Goodnight Irene&quot; was played.  Ruiined the whole trip.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Where abouts? My sister lives in Covington just south of Atlanta.

Kitchener Canada...about an hour and a half from Toronto. A few of us here... my Dad and 2 sons, a bus driver (although I'm not sure if he's still alive as I haven't taken a bus in 20 years haha), some old fella I see down the pub on occasion, a friend of a friend who drove me to a Supergrass / Coral concert some 10 years ago and one day after leaving the pub after an England game, I randomly saw 2 guys, about 10 minutes apart, wearing City shirts...bizarre...although I'd had more than my fair share of pints so could have been seeing things :)

Nice thread.

Part-Timers and Armchair fans! :whistle2:

Seriously though, I reckon this is a great thread, even though it doesn't affect me directly. I always try and spread the gospel of BCFC where ever I go and take City shirts or some sort of memorabellia for the local football loving pub out in different places that I visit.

:englandsmile4wf:

Charlotte, North Carolina. Anyone ever been there? ;)

Many times.

I was there earlier this year for a break. My wife loves the market and we had a great meal at Bubba Gump's right there. It's a lovely place with good (as far as the USA is concerned) history.

I'm an IDIOT. Sorry - I read that as Charleston, North Carolina. (I've been to Charlotte too - my company has power plants there).

League One ref though!

She left a little to be desired didn't she!

Solo must have been gutted to face that pen again! The commentator and the players seemed to think it was retaken because she moved off her line but I'm pretty sure it was retaken for the most marginal encroachment I've ever seen...Still added to the excitement didn't it.

Just wondering how many OTIB members are out there, that like me, live outside of the UK (Im in Colorado, USA)Yet still keep close tabs on the club and still have opinions on the current topics despite being unable to see the team/players first hand week in and week out.

Gambit would be very happy to meet you and have a few bevvies if you are over this way. I'm in Naperville a very nice western suburb with a proper pub and live English footy all week!

I think Moline is over near Ioha (Quad Cities?) so about three/four hours from here.

yeah, from memory, the river seperated Iowa and Illinois. which would put it right on the other side of the state from Chicago.

Home to the John Deer museum as well.

anyway, i am about to send you a pm.

I am based just South of Richmond, Virginia. Great state but lacks quality football, I will NOT say soccer :laugh:. Really miss the City, I was a City season ticket holder and played for the City forum team and got MOM in the 2006 victory at the Gate. Getting the award from Steve Lansdown was a great moment for me. Luckily Fox network has a football channel and I can stream on the web. Nothing pike the real thing though..

Archived