IGNORED

Long Ball

GlastonburyRed

Not one to over-react but what absolute nonsense that long ball tactic is!!! Skuse was poor, can't believe we didn't start Kilkenny...James Wilson not even in the squad, beggars belief. JCR was one of the few who did ok (along with Fonts and Marv) and yet he was taken off. Macca we all know about all too well anyway :(

Why oh why do we always try and 'overplay' with the ball at our feet?! We are not built with a team of Xavis so just do the simple thing, offload the ball and move.

As for Jamo, not ideal, :laugh:, but hey the game was over by then anyway and the keeper position is the least of our worries. I am not a cynic and a pessimist believe it or not, but nonetheless I think a long hard season could be in store...I sincerely hope I am proved wrong but today was one hell of a wake up call. Realist has bitten and I hope Milly can turn things around but he has one hell of a job on his hands.

Not one to over-react but what absolute nonsense that long ball tactic is!!! Skuse was poor, can't believe we didn't start Kilkenny...James Wilson not even in the squad, beggars belief. JCR was one of the few who did ok (along with Fonts and Marv) and yet he was taken off. Macca we all know about all well :(

Why oh why do we always try and 'overplay' with the ball at our feet?! We are not built with a team of Xavis so just do the simple thing, offload the ball and move.

As for Jamo, not ideal, :laugh:, but hey the game was over by then anyway and the keeper position is the least of our worries. I am not a cynic and a pessimist believe it or not, but nonetheless I think a long hard season could be in store...I sincerely hope I am proved wrong but today was one hell of a wake up call. Realist has bitten and I hope Milly can turn things around but he has one hell of a job on his hands.

Isnt that what Xavi does, pass and move? When we do go long, i would suggest , the reason would be that there is no movement or angle too make the simple pass most of the time.

Not one to over-react but what absolute nonsense that long ball tactic is!!! Skuse was poor, can't believe we didn't start Kilkenny...James Wilson not erplay' with the ball at our feet?! We are not built with a team of Xavis so just do the simple thing, offload the ball and move.

Totally agree. I too thought JCR was one of our brighter performers in the first period at least. I think the reason he tucks in, is cos he's told too. Alot of managers seem to prefer this set up with it narrow on one flank and an out and out winger on the other. Not for me personally as when killa came on, he looked to the left flank a couple of times but we'd have no one there.

Not only is the long ball game poor to watch, if it is effective tthen hat is one thing- but it wasn't for the most part effective today to boot!

Playing the long ball vs a side with big tall defenders- and I thought exactly the same vs Ipswich in April too- is a false economy! Meat and drink, plays into their hands etc!In addition to which, Maynard is not in my view the sort of player who will thrive with the use of such tactics.

Archived