IGNORED

Kazaa Alternatives?

PhatWill

I know there is a similar post below, but does anyone know of any decent alternatives to download films and music?

The record companies are screwing it up, it'll probably cease to exist within a year.

New Strokes album for instance, cant be arsed to buy it!

Cheers.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I couldn't care less, I don't normally buy music - Just the albums of bands/ people I like. In which case I only download live versions of songs I already got. Is that wrong?

If I can get stuff for free off the net I will continue to do so, music, games and films

How about this for an alternative: Why not buy your music rather than stealing it!

I buy albums that I really like and support my favourite bands by going to watch gigs etc.

Fact is we can't all afford to buy every album under the sun and while the facility remains for downloading free music, I will continue to do so before it inevitably gets shut down!

Thanks for the suggestions so far, edonkey looks pretty good...

Guest the kitkat man

if they put the prices of albums down more people would buy them

it probably cost about £1.50 to create a cd but they sell them for 12.99+

downloading is better because u dont have to getp and go to the shops to get your music :Sleep12:

well for me,if i wanted to buy an album in the shops (i'd have to go down town)

it would cost me more than £12.99......you have to include bus fare,food(if your anything like me,always hungry :P )

£12.99

+ bus fare

+ food

= £20'ish!

but i rarely buy cd's.and if i did,i wouldnt go to town JUST for that.

I buy my fair share of albums, and also download a few. As for alternatives, not sure about the p2p stuff (shall have to try a few of the suggestions above) but I've found a couple of decent mp3 sites. :rolleyes:

I also download quite a few mp3's, so that I can burn them onto a CD as an mp3 disk, so that I can listen to them in the car. They do say that there's nothing wrong with downloading the music if you own the original version, and a lot of them I do.

The funny thing is the albums I tend to buy the artists encourge you to copy the music for your friends and share around. They want to get known. They hope if you like the album you will buy it and help spread the word.

That and you can't get the selection of Brazilian CD's I'd like to buy up here in Seattle

Guest pikey_bcfc

can any one who uses edonkey tell my why the download times are so slow, at the moment the download speeds are only 5kb/s, i have broadband so it shouldnt be this slow should it?

thanks to any one who can help

Archived