IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

DavidNoble

I don't usually post on here but had to, due to ludicrous comments.

1) Bolasie should be given a chance.

2) (the ludicrous part where people seem to slag off Maynard who incidently will clearly score goals in the Premier League one day!... Who ever thinks Brett Pitman is a better player than Nicky Maynard CLEARLY knows nothing about the game of football!!!! Rant over.

2) the ludicrous part where people seem to slag off Maynard who incidently will clearly score goals in the Premier League one day!... Who ever thinks Brett Pitman is a better player than Nicky Maynard CLEARLY knows nothing about the game of football!!!! Rant over.

No one is saying he is better. Maynard had massive potential - thats why we signed him - he has fulfilled some of his potential and probabaly feels he is too good for us (probabaly true)

But Pitman also has huge potential, but its earlier in his career than maynard's. Pitman's at the stage where he needs to play and Maynard is at the stage where he needs to play a higher level. We should'nt hinder Pitmans progress for a player who will not be here next season.

Pitman scored 13 goals last season and only started about half the games. Maynard scored 10 in his first season.

No one is saying he is better. Maynard had massive potential - thats why we signed him - he has fulfilled some of his potential and probabaly feels he is too good for us (probabaly true)

But Pitman also has huge potential, but its earlier in his career than maynard's. Pitman's at the stage where he needs to play and Maynard is at the stage where he needs to play a higher level. We should'nt hinder Pitmans progress for a player who will not be here next season.

Pitman scored 13 goals last season and only started about half the games. Maynard scored 10 in his first season.

Pitman is 23 , Maynard is 24. Similar age, Maynard is way ahead. How many of Pitmans goals were penalties? In Maynards first season wasn't he 21? Logic is bad, Maynard is better therefore we should play him ahead of Pitman and keep him ahead of Pitman.

Maynard is Quicker, Fitter, has better movement, a better shot from range, better finisher, better in the air even though he's small, more skillful, the only thing Pitman has on Maynard is dead balls, and even then Maynard is good at them! I completely disagree! However I am not saying Pitman is useless, but I actually prefer Stead to him! IMO he is 3rd choice!!!

Pitman is 23 , Maynard is 24. Similar age, Maynard is way ahead. How many of Pitmans goals were penalties? In Maynards first season wasn't he 21? Logic is bad, Maynard is better therefore we should play him ahead of Pitman and keep him ahead of Pitman.

Maynard is Quicker, Fitter, has better movement, a better shot from range, better finisher, better in the air even though he's small, more skillful, the only thing Pitman has on Maynard is dead balls, and even then Maynard is good at them! I completely disagree! However I am not saying Pitman is useless, but I actually prefer Stead to him! IMO he is 3rd choice!!!

Your talking crap! Pitman is a more natural finisher than Maynard will ever be.

Maynard is better, but he is also off at the end of the season

Pitman will get better with games.

Anyone wondering what is going on with this guy!?

Signed him in the summer and haven't heard anything about him in the first-team. Was dubbed the left-wing version of Albert yet hasn't even been given a chance to show what he can do.

I feel sorry for him, must have expected a bit of football and appears pushed out of the first team.

Appears to be a waste of wages, especially with 3 other wingers that would appear to be more likely to start compared to him.

Perhaps down to the 5-sub ruling, meaning players like him & Bobby Reid that would normally be amongst the substitutes don't get a chance.

[/quot

Seemed like a pointless signing to me, just like the purchase of Ryan Taylor. 2 players in positions where we have plenty already.

Personally i would have kept Danny Haynes who was covering as a forward and a winger. I know people are split on Danny but I was a fan.

Your talking crap! Pitman is a more natural finisher than Maynard will ever be.

Maynards all round game is better than Pitman's will ever be. Pitman lacks the pace, strength, urgency and forthought needed to get into Maynard's league and score half the goals that has proven he is capable of doing.

[/quote

Seemed like a pointless signing to me, just like the purchase of Ryan Taylor. 2 players in positions where we have plenty already.

Personally i would have kept Danny Haynes who was covering as a forward and a winger. I know people are split on Danny but I was a fan.

Have you never occurred to you that Millen is planning ahead? Having players like Taylor and Bolasie who are relatively young will come into their own at some point during the long season. Its a huge step up from the lower leagues to the Championship and even Maynard took pretty much a whole season to catch up.

As for Danny Haynes, I rated him to but for whatever reason he wanted to go. Once a player decides that they don't want be at the club its pretty much game over. No point keeping a player who would rather be somewhere else.

Have you never occurred to you that Millen is planning ahead? Having players like Taylor and Bolasie who are relatively young will come into their own at some point during the long season. Its a huge step up from the lower leagues to the Championship and even Maynard took pretty much a whole season to catch up.

As for Danny Haynes, I rated him to but for whatever reason he wanted to go. Once a player decides that they don't want be at the club its pretty much game over. No point keeping a player who would rather be somewhere else.

Absolutely, But dont you think that these players, in an already unbalanced squad were needed on the wage bill?

Absolutely, But dont you think that these players, in an already unbalanced squad were needed on the wage bill?

No I don't. There is no other player in Stead's mould and Taylor fits the bill perfectly. Competition for places and all that. Same can be said about Bolasie who is fast and tricky just as Albert is. Bolasie can also play on the left.

Both add strength and depth to the squad.

Sorry is this post a joke? Whilst I believe Maynard is more talented than Pitman I'd suggest Pitman is better at a lot of individual attributes. For a start Pitman is significantly better in the air than Maynard. He has a great leap whilst Maynard is pointless with aerial balls. Pitman clearly has much better link up play than Maynard as well and his movement is of course better. Pitman constantly makes excellent runs into the box and often finds space at the back post. One of Maynard's weakest points is his lack of movement. He is deadly in space and is a supreme finisher but he is usually found deeper, hence why he doesn't score many tap ins. There is a myth amongst many City fans that Maynard is a fast player when he is not, you only have to look at his missed chance at Donnie on the weekend to see how much ground the defender gains on him over 40 yards. Speed wise they will be close, I'd imagine Maynard is quicker off the mark but Pitman would win over say 30 yards.

Maynard is one of the best finishers around and in space is a machine but Brett's all round play would probably make him a more useful strike partner for Stead. We saw them gel last season and they have a real understanding of each other.

Archived