IGNORED

David James

Nugget

One problem .. DJ has said in an interview with City that whilst he would like to go into management and is doing his coaching badges he doesn't particularly like coaching.

I'd love to have Basso as a goalkeeping coach here and also get him acting in some kind of motivational role for the rest of the squad.

If thats the case with David James, then jog him off at end of season so he can go write about football, than play it, because obviously he cant do both.... Basso, would love him back.., dont think he would now...

You make some good points BCFCNick, you are correct, some of the greatest managers have had pretty average football careers prior to management. And something that flies in the face of my contention that most managers do best with their first club is Alex Ferguson. He didn't do that well with St Mirren, with the exception of taking them to a major European Final (the Anglo-Scottish Cup) where they were beaten by Bristol City.

I am not against the likes of Dave Jones or Billy Davies coming down here (as long as it's not bleater SOD). We deffo need a change at the helm. All I am stating is that David James could be an excellent appointment and that his managerial inexperience shouldn't count against him.

If anyone wants cheering up btw, I write a humour blog about Bristol's history at www.hystericalbristol.com and have included, and will include many more in the months to come, items about Bristol City's history.

Archived