IGNORED

David James Throws His Hat Into The Ring

City_USA

As with another thread if Calamity got the job then that would be me finished after over 40 years.

NO, NO and NO

Yeah I am with you on this one

Personally wouldnt mind James seeing out this season, retiring and getting his coaches badges, then maybe becoming goal keeping coach....but manager? no way

I think James could be a good no2 to a decent manager to gain experience but please let's not have another novice in charge! We loved tinnion for years and he turned into a hate figure Millen was the same let's stay clear of former or current players with no experience surely we've learned that????

As with Shearer, I think he could become a good manager, but this is not the right time nor the right place to kick start that career. Both are very intelligent guys who have played at the very top of the game so the potential is there. But as I said about Shearer on that thread, they should both look to do what Poyet & Clarke have done and get their experience in the lower leagues first before working their way up.

Exeter or Plymouth would be the perfect job for James. Local lower league clubs where he can cut his managerial teeth.

Dear Oh Dear talk about armchair pundits deciding what's best for the club...unless you lot have a crystal ball or know DJ well enough as a bloke or indeed a coach then I can't see how you could have such an opinion. disapointed2se.gif

He has been in the England set up for many years, no guarantee I know, but for me he is a CHARACTER and in these days they are just too few, so if James wants to hang up his gloves I reckon he would be a great appointment for any club, in whichever capacity the Chairman considered.

But not for City according to some of you, if he wants to work with this club then that's a start.

So you would be happy for the club to take a risk in appointing another manager with no experience? That is a massive, MASSIVE, risk for the club where we are now. As for not seeing how anyone could have such an opinion, then the same could be said for you in holding the opinion that he would be a great appointment for any club. Do you have a crystal ball or know DJ well enough to know that?!?

As I said, I happen to agree that he has the potential to be a good manager. At this stage we need a little more security than "potential" though.

He has zero chance of actually getting the job. Tinnion and then MIllen were both promoted from within and look how that ended.

The lesson should of been learnt by now.

I don't for one moment think Jamo will be appointed, but it's a different scenario with him, BT and KM. They had both been here for years and were very much part of the furniture but Jamo has had a totally different career.

Dear Oh Dear talk about armchair pundits deciding what's best for the club...unless you lot have a crystal ball or know DJ well enough as a bloke or indeed a coach then I can't see how you could have such an opinion. disapointed2se.gif

He has been in the England set up for many years, no guarantee I know, but for me he is a CHARACTER and in these days they are just too few, so if James wants to hang up his gloves I reckon he would be a great appointment for any club, in whichever capacity the Chairman considered.

But not for City according to some of you, if he wants to work with this club then that's a start.

Maybe David James will be a good manager one day.......

But I'd rather we did'nt take such a risk on this occasion.

Archived