IGNORED

The Manager Is On Radio Bris Now

Frenchay Red

Excellent show. Derek does come across very well, some interesting comments from him:

Brett... he will get his chance but needs to be patient

All back when defending corners... he always brings everyone back & thats the way it will be as he believes in percentages the more back defending the less likely the opposition will score.

Scouting.. fan sent in a number of names he'd not heard of the players (all lower leagues) but sounds like he'll take a look at them in coming weeks (can't remember who they were!)

Contracts.. said there was one or 2 they are looking to resign now, maynard & 1 other, fontaine maybe? Caller said 23 out of contract in summer. DMc Said it wasnt a bad thing providing we stay in this division as we can bring new players to freshen squad up.

There were other things mentioned but cant remember off hand, good show & worth a re-listen.

He really does come over well & sounds like he's loving it here in Bristol.

It's great how I feel so safe and confident with Del in charge where as with Keith I always worried. Del has made me feel secure about the future of this club which is brilliant and I take my hat off to the bloke. Hopefully he is here for atleast 2 more full seasons without getting poached from a bigger club.

Biggest problem I see, if he gets poached, he'll probably take is back room staff with him. Now that can be seen as good if doing poorly, but if we are doing well and they all leave we could have problems.

Deal with it when it comes to it I guess

Vive la McInnes

Scouting.. fan sent in a number of names he'd not heard of the players (all lower leagues) but sounds like he'll take a look at them in coming weeks (can't remember who they were!)

I didnt listen tonight but someone i know said they were going to text in and suggest Marlon Pack (Cheltnham), Eunan O'Kane (Torquay) and Liam Sercombe (Exeter). All good prospects on our door step.

O'Kane is already attracting allot of interest while a few clubs have looked at Sercombe. Marlon Pack is at the minute a hidden gem from what ive saw of him.

Biggest problem I see, if he gets poached, he'll probably take is back room staff with him. Now that can be seen as good if doing poorly, but if we are doing well and they all leave we could have problems.

Deal with it when it comes to it I guess

Vive la McInnes

The good thing is, for him to be poached he'll have to bring success to this club. Next season it's not impossible we wont make the play-offs if he builds the squad he wants. It's just nice for the fans to feel safe and have faith in the gaffer and wont be slating him if we lose as we all feel he's going to bring us more good than bad.

The good thing is, for him to be poached he'll have to bring success to this club. Next season it's not impossible we wont make the play-offs if he builds the squad he wants. It's just nice for the fans to feel safe and have faith in the gaffer and wont be slating him if we lose as we all feel he's going to bring us more good than bad.

Double edged sword. Let's hope he gets poached some time though, not sacked.

Double edged sword. Let's hope he gets poached some time though, not sacked.

Our club has done well in recent years of giving a manager time. I'm very confident he'll do a more than reasonable job. When he was linked to the job i was one of the most excited people on this forum and got slated cause he's not experienced enough or doesn't know the championship that well... I think it's fair to say all the fans are glad he's here now which is nice. Onwards and upwards.

A manager is like a player in form, when things are going well there hero's, when performances are not to the standard we have ago, we need to build a squad, people on here saying we can make the play offs, after three wins, we are in a regulation problem at the moment and we need points from the next three, because the mid table is going further away if we don't get points from these three games, there is a gap happening, massive three games for our club.

This season is all about survival, next season will be clean slate, alot of new players & new tactics so we'll see how far we've come then. I also like his tactic of bringing back every player for corners as it limits the chance of us conceding which has proven to be successfull so far. Our set-piece record for conceding goals has been very good of late as Derek pointed out.

A manager is like a player in form, when things are going well there hero's, when performances are not to the standard we have ago, we need to build a squad, people on here saying we can make the play offs, after three wins, we are in a regulation problem at the moment and we need points from the next three, because the mid table is going further away if we don't get points from these three games, there is a gap happening, massive three games for our club.

McInnes has one thing going for him, he is personable.

Time will tell how successful he'll be, but I reckon the crowd will give him Longer than most because he is likable.

McInnes has one thing going for him, he is personable.

Time will tell how successful he'll be, but I reckon the crowd will give him Longer than most because he is likable.

Very happy with the appointment, it will take time, what makes me laugh so much on this discussion site is there world beaters one week rubbish the next, very funny.

I also like his tactic of bringing back every player for corners as it limits the chance of us conceding which has proven to be successfull so far. Our set-piece record for conceding goals has been very good of late as Derek pointed out.

Personnally, I like to see players up the pitch at corners, but can see DMcs logic.

Anyhow, judging by his 'that's how it's gonna be' answer, he's not changing his ideas.

He comes across as a strong but fair leader of men. I like him.

There is still plenty of hard work ahead, talk of the play offs has ben rightly been dismissed, and as he said, success for this season would be survival.

Archived