IGNORED

Steve Lansdown - Rugby - Supporters Trust

Blagdon Mike

Many like me, would have had a mild shock on hearing that Steve Lansdown has been putting money into Bristol Rugby for a number of years and is about to own the club.

I am not very interested in rugby but I do accept that a successful Bristol Rugby does a lot for the City of Bristol as does a successful Bristol City.

I would add other major sports clubs such as Bristol & West AC who are back in the British Athletics League this coming season after a long absence.

I wholeheartedly share Steve’s vision for Bristol.

Our overriding interest is of course Bristol City.

It may be nothing to worry about now, but the spreading of Steve’s interests shows our current dependence on one individual.

We supporters of Bristol City need to be on guard for any eventuality and able to deal with any eventuality.

This why we set up and need the Supporters Trust.

'Nuff said!

Oi! We're not having a Gloucestershire club on land that is ethnically Somerset ;)

Was about to say the same thing!!

However, its not a bad shout from Spudsters bearing in mind the City council just kicked out there entirely reasonable expansion plans and they are now considering their options for moving to Gloucester. I suspect the idea is not lost on Mr L.

Archived