IGNORED

Shaun Moloney

Warwickshire Red

According to Daily mail we're interested in taking him on loan from Wigan

http://www.dailymail...stol-City.html?

Here's Wiki's info on him (career average of 1 in 5 for midfielder/striker and similar size to LJ):

http://en.wikipedia....i/Shaun_Maloney

Scottish player of year 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQlkOH5O6M

Probably rubbish but may be an interesting solution for our mis-firing midfield.

I think the jury's still out on whether Pearson will be a good long term signing but he's just about doing a job in the short term. If Maloney could come in and do something similar to help keep us up then that's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Pearson isn't a long term signing thats why we only gave him a 6 month contract

Is this the fella that got home sick at Villa a few years ago?

Doubts about how strong he is mentally perhaps (not in a bad way, just from a being away from home point of view), but when he's on song then he's a terrific player

Lets hope there is some truth in this

Can't see why someone unable to get in Wigan's squad virtually all season should be "out of our league".

As for the homesickness, well he's 29 now and it may have been when he was quite a bit younger.

What is certainly the case is that we need a couple of new faces to freshen it up or we're going to really struggle to survive.

I can quite easily, wages for one. Not to mention his home sickness, if this is true he won't want to come here! He was playing champions league football for Celtic not long ago and we are near the bottom of the championship!

People need to realise where we are, in league position and as a club! It's beyond me how people on here still think we can attract big players, as if it's our right! Wake up!!

I can quite easily, wages for one. Not to mention his home sickness, if this is true he won't want to come here! He was playing champions league football for Celtic not long ago and we are near the bottom of the championship!

People need to realise where we are, in league position and as a club! It's beyond me how people on here still think we can attract big players, as if it's our right! Wake up!!

I don't think there's too many on here that don't realise what you're saying, but if he just wants to play football and surrond himself with a few Scotsmen there are worse places he could be at right now

As Jordan says, it will improve his chances of a better move come the summer if he goes elsewhere and performs for a couple of months

I'm not disputing the fact he would be a good addition or that it would benefit both parties. However I would still be surprised if he came and there are certainly better places to go than us to put yourself in the shop window! But you never know what Del can swing!

My point isn't necessarily aimed at Maloney, it's more in general how people seem to assume we can attract big players, or that they genuinely believe a big name would come here.

For example not so long ago people were suggesting we try and loan Wayne Bridge! Crazy!

I'm not disputing the fact he would be a good addition or that it would benefit both parties. However I would still be surprised if he came and there are certainly better places to go than us to put yourself in the shop window! But you never know what Del can swing!

My point isn't necessarily aimed at Maloney, it's more in general how people seem to assume we can attract big players, or that they genuinely believe a big name would come here.

For example not so long ago people were suggesting we try and loan Wayne Bridge! Crazy!

Wayne Bridge was a ridiculous rumour.. Maloney isn't ridiculous as Wayne probably earns 70k+ more a week than Maloney.

How is a bloke who has made just 3 appearances for Wigan all season a "big player"? He's not exactly Rodallega, is he?

And to try to compare him because of those fools who linked us with Bridge is ludicrous, Wigan are notoriously low payers by Prem standards and this guy's clearly not wanted by a side one place from being in The Championship.

He is still a premier league player regardless of where Wigan are, come may they could be 15th so that's irrelevant!

I am not comparing Maloney to Bridge at all, I said in general there are people who think we can attract players who could do better than us!

A better comparison would have been Billy sharp. So many people said we should go for him, now that's ludicrous!

Maloney may want to come here. But it's not just big names I getting at, and like I say regardless of whether Wigan are 20th or 1st in the premier he will still be on premier lge wages! If we can afford him them great would love to see him here. But like I say, will be surprised if he does!

According to Daily mail we're interested in taking him on loan from Wigan

http://www.dailymail...stol-City.html?

Here's Wiki's info on him (career average of 1 in 5 for midfielder/striker and similar size to LJ):

http://en.wikipedia....i/Shaun_Maloney

Scottish player of year 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQlkOH5O6M

Probably rubbish but may be an interesting solution for our mis-firing midfield.

Some of those free kicks were as good as David Noble's on Saturday

I don't know why he would come to us. They (Middlesbrough) turned turned down Birmingham City yesterday.

Likely to be because they see Brum as a threat for promo... wise decision to turn them down. We are actually a better fit than perhaps you give credit for:-

No threat to Boro or wigan for that matter.

Still a decent standard in the Champs

Scottish connection

win win situation for all parties

all stacks up if you ask me.

p.s. whats the boro connection anyway? must have missed a remark somewhere but my point still valid i think.

Archived