IGNORED

Aston Villa To Get Billionaire Backer

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

So another team in the prem is about to start spending silly money by the looks of things. Just when I thought fotball was returning to normal up pops these billionaires wanting to spend crazey money.

Liverpool have already fallen by the wayside, and If Villa suddenly get the spending power of Chelsea then Arsenal will be next

Guest pogue mahone

where did you here this ?

i know there was some speculation last summer, but that all fizzled out to nothing. do you have any links that you can post ?

Guest pogue mahone

sounds to me like a desperately slow week with only the euro play-offs to report on that sky are trying to resurrect a story. the language used in the first and third paragraphs show that this is pure speculation on their part.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"Venezuelan business man Gustavo Cisneros has reportedly put his London advisers on stand-by as he prepares a takeover bid for Aston Villa. "

Well that just means they've taken the story from todays papers, but the rest of it hardly makes it sound certain I agree.

I hope it doesn't happen, I want money to leave to top flight, not be chucked at it

Archived