IGNORED

.. In The Deep End.

Bryans Left Peg

This is a serious suggestion, but against Middlesborough I believe Delboy should use the youth team. They can't do much worse?

Yes, the chances of us losing are astronomically high - but they are anyway? All these big first team names getting dropped for the youths might be the kick up the *** that's needed to make them realise that they are all dispensable and maybe, just maybe, they might fight for their spot. For our team.

I'm aware that time is running out and we need to pick up results, but let's face it, does anybody seriously expect any kind of result this weekend? This could spur the team on for when we play Forest - Coventry etc and go a long way to changing the mentality of the team.

Anyway, I know this won't happen, just wanted to hear your own views.

I think a mix of say 4 youth team, some of the players out on loan to come back, and some of the fringe players would work. I can not understand that some of the squad should be playing for a new contract for next season and so be giving 100% +. But i agree we might as well go for something differnt as the team on Tuesday, and on many more matches have let the supporters down, and that is not on. I hope Del has a few surprises for us on Saturday.

It wouldn't happen but the public humiliation for the whole first team would be a good thing, but then again, being part of a Bristol City team that got relegated should be humiliating enough for a pro footballer.

i should imagine their 10 grand a week will help them get over it.

It wouldn't happen but the public humiliation for the whole first team would be a good thing, but then again, being part of a Bristol City team that got relegated should be humiliating enough for a pro footballer.

This would imply that they actually care? I think the majority of performances clearly show they couldnt give a sh!t. At the end of the season if these players are at a League One destined club, they wont be fussed. They can just up and leave if out of contract and forget all about their shambolic performances and lack of effort this season.

This would imply that they actually care? I think the majority of performances clearly show they couldnt give a sh!t. At the end of the season if these players are at a League One destined club, they wont be fussed. They can just up and leave if out of contract and forget all about their shambolic performances and lack of effort this season.

Yeah I agree, they don't seem to care one bit! In days gone by, relegated players would be full of shame but now they get payed far to much to care. Is it possible to love and hate football at the same time?

This is a serious suggestion, but against Middlesborough I believe Delboy should use the youth team. They can't do much worse?

Yes, the chances of us losing are astronomically high - but they are anyway? All these big first team names getting dropped for the youths might be the kick up the *** that's needed to make them realise that they are all dispensable and maybe, just maybe, they might fight for their spot. For our team.

I'm aware that time is running out and we need to pick up results, but let's face it, does anybody seriously expect any kind of result this weekend? This could spur the team on for when we play Forest - Coventry etc and go a long way to changing the mentality of the team.

I agree with the sentiment but I'm not sure it'll do the kids much good to given their first team debuts away at Boro, get a thoroughly demoralising thumping then end up back in the stands for the next match. Give a couple of them a chance for sure (why Bryan has been treated so shabbily I do not know) but let's not taint all these young lads with the current shut thats being served up by the adults

I agree with the sentiment but I'm not sure it'll do the kids much good to given their first team debuts away at Boro, get a thoroughly demoralising thumping then end up back in the stands for the next match. Give a couple of them a chance for sure (why Bryan has been treated so shabbily I do not know) but let's not taint all these young lads with the current shut thats being served up by the adults

Shabbily? He went to the manager and told him he wasn't fit to play another game that week... If you give up your place what do you expect?

I understand why you are suggesting this but to it would basically be an acceptance of relegation which, obviously would be completely mental.

Although we dont look like winning (or scoring, or defending properly...or even winning a throw in...) we are still (somehow) still 3 points clear of the relegation zone. Clearly the teams below are equally as sh1t as us and possibly even sh1tter...so amazingly we still have a chance.

So we are just going to have to persevere with the wasters in the squad currently in the hope that the ones that actually care do enough to get 3/4 wins from somewhere...

Shabbily? He went to the manager and told him he wasn't fit to play another game that week... If you give up your place what do you expect?

To Maybe sit out the next one as well, as the Performance against cardiff wasn't too bad, despite the result, but you may expect to at least be on the bench, but then after yet another bollocks performance from the so called senior Pro's you may expect to get a recall against Watford, but no we still persist with Albert who has been barely league 1 standard for months now, and Foster who is just barely league 1 standard.

I say **** it, the kids may at least fight for their lives, we have no center backs for saturday, well bring Amadi-Holloway into the side, get bloody Ribs back, Danny Ball simply can't do any worse than McAllister did on Tuesday (it's not actually possible for a full back to put in a worse performance than i saw on Tuesday from McAllister, worst display from a full back i have ever seen), If Carey is fit enough to play, stick him on the middle with Holloway, and Ball on the left and Ribs or Edwards on the right. We are going to get tanked anyway so send a few of the kids out and see what happens, it will demoralise them one hell of a lot less than watching the shite the first team are putting in week in week out while they are sat around with their thumbs up their asses wondering just how bad they must be to not get a go infront of some of the worst players in this league.

I think you are entering the realms of fantasy there Jones.

What about Watford and Portsmouth? Surely he should gain a little credit for being honest about his fitness and then given a chance after his replacements failed? Last time he started we won, when his replacement lost he should have been given another chance. To be fair I don't see what goes on in training, but on the face of it I don't think he's been managed that well

Do the players wage's go down if we get relegated (assuming they are still in contract)?

This question has been asked on here a few times recently but I haven't seen an answer to it.

We know the players got significant wage increases on gaining promotion so it surely follows there will be clauses in their contracts for similar reductions on relegation.

Somebody please confirm this IS the case.

Archived