IGNORED

The Crucial Fact Of Early Season Games!

DavidNoble

I'm looking through our results and have found that we lost 1-0 to Coventry in December; imagine if we won that! We'd be 7 points ahead of them now, and today would be more of a game to achieve our safety.

It's weird. These early games seem so less important. Shows how important it is to be up for every game in a season.

I'm looking through our results and have found that we lost 1-0 to Coventry in December; imagine if we won that! We'd be 7 points ahead of them now, and today would be more of a game to achieve our safety.

It's weird. These early games seem so less important. Shows how important it is to be up for every game in a season.

Its funny. I went to the ricoh and for an hour or so we were so dominant. I said to the guys with me if we couldnt beat them then we deserved to be relegated..................i hope i was wrong!!

We should have won that game!!!! Albert was hacked down in the first few minutes, it should of been a pen and a red card, saying that we created more than enough chances to have won that game. Story of our season we can't put the ball in the back of the net.

There will be Southampton fans saying "if we had not dropped 6 points against Bristol City , we'd be 10 points clear of West Ham"

Fans the length and breadth of the country will look back on missed opportunities. Forget the past , it's the here and now that counts.

The old Johnson method of looking at the points total from each block of 10 games is a pretty fair way of judging progress through the early part of the season. And has the merit of giving games an equal value across the year.

Not that you needed to do much analysis of our first block of 10 to judge that we were in for duff season...

If any ref has cost is it was that **** at Coventry away.

After that attempted murder on Albert should of been a red and a pen.

Yep, and Albert's not been fully fit since so the ref's lack of decisive action over that atrocious assault cost us more than the 3 points that day.

Having looked back at the match report there's a picture of the moment just before the diabolical connection and it appears the perpetrator was one Richard Wood.

Is he playing today?

Archived