IGNORED

Squad Not Good Enough

cityfan

Big clear out coming this summer, surely?!

City were poor today. Very poor football and clearly demonstrates why they are where they are. If Mcinnes is to be a success, there needs to be a clear out of players that have been here for a while and have proved over time that they are not promotion material. Many of them are dicision two players or up to Scotland.

The problem will be financing a new squad. Those coming in will no doubt be expensive, those going out will undoubtely fetch very little. We need to go for tried and proven which we haven't done in the past. A good example at this level is someone like Kevin Phillips. Not now, but a few years ago. He simply keeps scoring

Oh and one more thing. We need to start playing football, ball on the ground and not so much up in the air giving the forwards half chances. I have been going to City for longer than I care to remember and regardless of the Manager and squad, seldom do we play football. Blackpool and Swansea are great examples of how to play it

Big clear out coming this summer, surely?!

City were poor today. Very poor football and clearly demonstrates why they are where they are. If Mcinnes is to be a success, there needs to be a clear out of players that have been here for a while and have proved over time that they are not promotion material. Many of them are dicision two players or up to Scotland.

The problem will be financing a new squad. Those coming in will no doubt be expensive, those going out will undoubtely fetch very little. We need to go for tried and proven which we haven't done in the past. A good example at this level is someone like Kevin Phillips. Not now, but a few years ago. He simply keeps scoring

Oh and one more thing. We need to start playing football, ball on the ground and not so much up in the air giving the forwards half chances. I have been going to City for longer than I care to remember and regardless of the Manager and squad, seldom do we play football. Blackpool and Swansea are great examples of how to play it

Swansea are so boring, too many backwards and sidewards passes. Blackpool are more entertaining as they get the ball forward quicker.

Swansea are so boring, too many backwards and sidewards passes. Blackpool are more entertaining as they get the ball forward quicker.

Wrong. It's about keeping possession, what all decent teams can do.

Wrong. It's about keeping possession, what all decent teams can do.

Yes, but they keep it for too long at times. Manchester United keep possession but they don't make pointless back passes to the goalkeeper etc, they play with a purpose. Yet they still dominate possession.

Id rather us pick up points playing direct football than playing boring football tbh.

Archived