IGNORED

1909 Fa Cup Programme - Bristol City Vs Manchester Utd - £22,000

Jesus

I've just got an email from my director with a link to this little beauty. Mrs Never To The Dark Side is going to kill me. Get your tissues out John.....

This is a lot at an auction for the original 1909 FA Cup programme where Bristol City were finalists.

Details

Description:

Description:

An exceptionally scarce official programme for the 1909 F.A. Cup final Manchester United v Bristol City played at The Crystal Palace 24th April, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME A 1909 F.A. CUP FINAL PROGRAMME HAS EVER BEEN OFFERED FOR AUCTION, official one penny match card, line ups of teams in field formation to the front, player listings to the reverse together with their height and weight, extensive advertisements to both sides, folds and some old sellotape repairs where the folds have developed into splitting, but overall in good order relative to its 103 year age. This programme represents Manchester United’s first ever appearance in a Football Association Challenge Cup final, and was the first of their record 11 F.A. Cup wins to date. This match also represents Bristol City’s only ever appearance thus far in a F.A. Cup final. The final tie was settled by a Sandy Turnbull goal for United midway through the first-half.

Estimates

£18,000 - £22,000

Surely the club should be bidding for this?

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/graham-budd-auctions-ltd/catalogue-id-2851537/lot-14037728?utm_source=GB20+auction+announcement&utm_campaign=2abe2c3ba0-GB20&utm_medium=email

faprogramme.jpg

You'd imagine a lot of United fans would be interested in this, given it was their first final.

Didn't Scott Davidson buy or bid for a runners-up medal for this game, back when he was Chairman?

He's got various stuff from the final including an original pathe disc

Ive got a ST league cup one from wembley 1969...that Arsenal team was very very good indeed...but not good enough on the day.!

My brother has one as well we both went aged 11 & 13 Dad was a big Moonrakers fan..

I remember Frank Mcklintock crying afterwards...the league cup meant something back then

Archived