IGNORED

Rovers V City Charity Game - Bank Holiday Monday

In the Net

Been spending a lot of time with Mr Murray this afternoon Dolls? ;-)

xx

I said hi briefly, I also ended up lifting up his youngest at one point when he was shouting "Wheres my Daddy!" because he couldn't see him.

Please note his youngest is not my child :icecream:

was a good day out ... awful pitch but still kids had a great time and got their pics taken with noel edmonds and scottie :) ... i dont remember lee matthews being that much of a lump ? maybe i was a bit smaller myself in them days haha , some of the old lads still look like they can play a bit .. thought there front 3 of peado , roberts and hayle was a bit unfair tho haha :)

Great day out, was funny at the end when everybody piled on the pitch! Thought that Tony Thorpe still looks sharp, as did Russell, Murray and the Doc, as for Lee Matthews didnt recognise him to start off with! Noel Edmonds goes down in my estimation though after declaring himself one of the blue few when he was being interviewed on the pitch at half time!! Got bloody soaking at the end on the way back to the car though!!

At the risk of getting shot down, full credit to Jason Roberts. He's a Premier League player and could of come on for 5 minutes, stood at the edge of the box and taken a shot every now and then, But he played over half the game in 2 shifts and my word, he's a decent player. And Nigel Martyn looked bloody good too.

As for the others, full credit to Dazza Barnard and Lee Mathews, because that is some serious pie eating they've been up to.

Despite the rain, it was a good day out. Heard that the attendance was around 3,000, so should have raised a fair amount of money for Charity.

Credit to all the players for turning out - I was also surprised that Jason Roberts played for a fair amount of time, and he was obviously enjoying it. Apparently Nigel Martyn hasn't had a shot kicked at him for 5-6 years, but you would never have guessed. Scotty Murray still looked sharp, and Tommy Doc was getting stuck in.

Some City fans in the Blackthorn end, and lots of good natured banter flying around - all in the right spirit.

Archived