IGNORED

Gary Neville

Whites

Massive ego, so I'd image yes.

Didn't like him as a player and wasn't particularly thrilled with him being on Sky but he's been superb.

I'd imagine this has as much to do with getting Scholes to play for England as anything else.

Neville has signed a 4 year deal with England to get Scholes back for 1 tournament? Don't think so somehow.

Good appointment I think, doesn't strike me as a man happy to settle for second best and obviously someone who spent his entire playing career working under perhaps the greatest manager of all time.

Really good appointment in my view. He will command respect amongst the players for what he achieved in the game, is clearly a born winner and will speak up if he thinks something is wrong, which isn't always the case with backroom staff! Obviously we are all guessing on whether he is actually a good coach or not, but he is an excellent pundit and probably the only person on TV who notices things in a game that pass me by. Compared to most of the others who purely state the obvious, or in some cases even fail to do that and just talk complete nonsense.

The fact he spent his entire career working under Ferguson is surely a good sign as well!

Neville has signed a 4 year deal with England to get Scholes back for 1 tournament? Don't think so somehow.

Good appointment I think, doesn't strike me as a man happy to settle for anything less than second best and obviously someone who spent his entire playing career working under perhaps the greatest manager of all time.

I hope not !!

Good appointment I think, doesn't strike me as a man happy to settle for anything less than second best and obviously someone who spent his entire playing career working under perhaps the greatest manager of all time.

I didn't it was the only reason but I do think it could prove to be a handy thing to have his best mate in the setup if you are going to try and convince Scholes out of retirement. For what its worth I think Neville is England's best ever right back and so anyone of that quality is a good thing to have in the setup.

Out of interest, (because I don't watch live Prem football) is he relatively unbiased during Man U games?

I'd say so, eveyone know's his history with Man U, but I think he keeps an open mind. I didn't see/hear his comments on Man City winning the league but previously he's said he thought Aguero was the best player in the league.

Funny to see he's won planning permission to build a hotel next to Old Trafford, much to Man Utd's objections!

Out of interest, (because I don't watch live Prem football) is he relatively unbiased during Man U games?

He's very good and , surprisingly , unbiased. He gave full credit to Man C for their acheivement and is obviously a knowledgable bloke. He's far better than I thought he was going to be. Tells it like itis as well.

He certainly is Cotswold and was very gracious towards Man City yesterday. His insights (as an ex player) have been a breath of fresh air on Sky IMHO and his 'Q and A' section on Monday nights is excellent.

Last week, he was asked about the make up of the squad for the Euro's and was pushing for alot of young players like Sturridge, Ox- Chaimberlain (sp) and Welbeck, very refreshing view TBH although he did say Hodgson needed to find the experience to go alongside the youth. He backs all his opinions up with examples and facts, really impressive IMHO.

Its good to see some new faces within the England set-up and I've no doubt at all the Neville will bring a different perspective along with his wealth of international experience with England. He's not been retired long and will have the respect of the players and will know what the players need in terms of keeping them occupied between matches and training. Boredom is a massive problem for some during tournaments.

As for his pundrity - top class imo. He talks so much sense with an easy manner. He's quite a scoop for Sky and in time he could become thier equivelent to Lineker at the BBC.

Its good to see some new faces within the England set-up and I've no doubt at all the Neville will bring a different perspective along with his wealth of international experience with England. He's not been retired long and will have the respect of the players and will know what the players need in terms of keeping them occupied between matches and training. Boredom is a massive problem for some during tournaments.

As for his pundrity - top class imo. He talks so much sense with an easy manner. He's quite a scoop for Sky and in time he could become thier equivelent to Lineker at the BBC.

+1

Spot on with this mate.

I like gary.. but the duo with that bloke ed chamberlain doesn't seem to work.. all ed does is laugh at garys jokes..he seems to have no knoledge of football..

Is that the presenter on Monday night football? I agree he says too much when it's Gary Neville I want to listen to. Neville is good though.

from his autobiography

"I don't see us competing seriously for a major tournament for at least 10 years," adding that "there have been times when I've reflected on my international career and just thought: 'Well that was a massive waste of time.'"

The pic they've used on the bbc website, looks like GNev is having a word before or during a penalty shoot out (that I'm sure we lost!), who is the guy waering the no 16 shirt? Can't work it out for the life of me??

Crouchy , innit ?? (or is that the wrong chest)

Archived