IGNORED

Paul Lambert

So win promotion to premier league:

Straight back down again

Stay up and lose your manager

Would be interesting to see the stats of managers poached and whether or not they succeed. GJ did ok here but there aren't that many successes I can think of....?

Not sure what you mean by loyalty OP. Lambert clearly wants to better himself and can only take Norwoch so far. He doesnt want to be trapped in Everton/ Moyes Bubble( not that that is a bad thing but still). The potential at Villa is great despite having naff seasons recently. It's a no brainer tbh

Its just a shame. I would have thought the managers in question would have wanted to finish what they started at their respective clubs. However I do feel there's more going on at Norwich than meets the eye with Holt wanting away too.

Not sure what you mean by loyalty OP. Lambert clearly wants to better himself and can only take Norwoch so far. He doesnt want to be trapped in Everton/ Moyes Bubble( not that that is a bad thing but still). The potential at Villa is great despite having naff seasons recently. It's a no brainer tbh

It is if he gets some money. Villa need completely rebuilding and without money he'll be doing.. well... a David Moyes!

It's the price lesser clubs pay for success, losing good players/managers.

Norwich will be around long after Lambert and Holt. If they want out then take what they are worth and let them go. There is no guarantee them being there next season means survival anyway.

Interesting to see Swansea putting a block on player transfers to Liverpool. Never heard of that before. Again I would have thought it was the players choice to leave if a club is paying their worth

He worked miracles since he took over there. Took them from the bottom of league one to mid-table in the top flight in 3 years.. incredible.

Not sure he is making the right choice going to Villa, i'd hang on and wait for a bigger and better club, however if Randy Lerner can promise funds it could be a good job to take on.

Not sure Norwich fans can be that upset about it. After all, Villa are only doing to them what they did to Colchester when they poached Lambert in the first place. Sure they will miss someone who has given them three brilliant seasons, but they would have known their place in the food chain and if a 'bigger club' wanted Lambert this summer he was always going to want to test himself.

A good friend of mine is a big a Norwich fan and used to live next door to Holt. They're still in touch with his agent (long story) and apparently Holt has a clause in his contract which entitles him to a bonus if he has a successful season and this is judged by the Chairman. No idea how this is possible / even it it's true but apparently the chairman refused to pay this bonus.

I'm not convinced as it seems a strange clause to have in the first place and also seemingly impossible to deny he's had a great year.

However there's more to all of this than meets the eye IMO.

He worked miracles since he took over there. Took them from the bottom of league one to mid-table in the top flight in 3 years.. incredible.

Not sure he is making the right choice going to Villa, i'd hang on and wait for a bigger and better club, however if Randy Lerner can promise funds it could be a good job to take on.

Villa are a massive club just waiting to take off again.

Dave Whelan the Wigan chairman is top class when it comes to letting coaching staff or players move on to bigger and better things.

He said it is out of order and wrong if you stand in someones way when they have an option to go onto a bigger and better job. Regardless of how long left they have on their contract.

My favourite premier league chairman.

Don't know if it is "loyalty issues " as the original poster is saying . Look at it this way , lambert is ambitious , a bigger club comes in to speak to him , his chairman doesnt even let him hear what they have to say , he might not even have went . its the fact that they are not prepared to even let him go even if it is to better his career , thats not showing any respect to lambert , who is very ambitious .

Archived