IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse Spotted

DavidNoble

I was in Portishead Waitrose today paying at the till when I saw Cisse walk in.

I probably should have asked him what he's doing back in the area. Perhaps he's back to negotiate a deal with Del or maybe he's simply collecting some of his belongings before heading back up to Bolton?

Hope we keep him and then get rid of Marv/Kilkenny tbh. Cisse's a class act at this level.

I was in Portishead Waitrose today paying at the till when I saw Cisse walk in.

I probably should have asked him what he's doing back in the area. Perhaps he's back to negotiate a deal with Del or maybe he's simply collecting some of his belongings before heading back up to Bolton?

Hope we keep him and then get rid of Marv/Kilkenny tbh. Cisse's a class act at this level.

He lives in the village quarter next to a mate of mine, Johnson still lives in Portishead perhaps he's signing for Yeovil

Marv would thrive in league one but I don't reckon would be in many other Championship teams. You can't fault his work rate though and is a very useful player to have.

our first seaosn in the championship he would of got in any team in that league. Having to do the job of 2 midfielders.

and cisse can't score and has no pace

Both got pretty crap goal scoring records TBF.

Since 2007/2008, when Cisse came to England and Marv joined us it is 9 in 136 and 19 in 185 respectively; nothing to write home about.

Scored the same number (2) last season.

Neither has Marv...:

Marv has no pace...? Sorry, we must be talking about different Marv's.

The Marv I am talking about regularly covers large areas of the pith to make up ground before getting in a crunching challenge, or comes steaming into the box late, giving himself a bit of space for an effort towards goal. (in fairness, i wont say to have a effort on target, because he does have something of a 50p head and a banana foot!, but, when he does catch one nicely, they do make for some spectacular finishes!)

Its almost impossible to compare Elliot with Cisse, they are different types of midfielders. Elliot is a 100% tryer with little style or footballing class. He lacks vision and passing consistency. Because he's tall and powerful he'll get the odd headed goal.

Cisse is a classy footballer with good vision who is an excellent tackler and passer of the ball. If it was toss between the two I know who I'd pick.

Both got pretty crap goal scoring records TBF.

Since 2007/2008, when Cisse came to England and Marv joined us it is 9 in 136 and 19 in 185 respectively; nothing to write home about.

Scored the same number (2) last season.

you can only compare them for the seasons at city, Cisse was in a reading team that were a whole lot more creative then Marv in a Bristol City team,

the stats for city are

Marv Played 75 (1) Scored 10 (good tally for a central midfielder)

Cisse Played 36 (16) Scored 2

I think marv had and still has far more to offer to the team

you can only compare them for the seasons at city, Cisse was in a reading team that were a whole lot more creative then Marv in a Bristol City team,

the stats for city are

oh and he was also always started under the the last 3 managers (copout shouldn't count but i'm making a point) cisse hasnt

the stats for city are

Don't understand why I can ONLY compare them for seasons at City?

For the record, that includes a season in the Premier League for Kalifa Cisse, when they were relegated, and one where City got the Playoffs; I think their pretty even in terms of the teams they played in.

Its almost impossible to compare Elliot with Cisse, they are different types of midfielders. Elliot is a 100% tryer with little style or footballing class. He lacks vision and passing consistency. Because he's tall and powerful he'll get the odd headed goal.

Cisse is a classy footballer with good vision who is an excellent tackler and passer of the ball. If it was toss between the two I know who I'd pick.

At your age I'm surprised you can remember !!

the stats for city are

A fit and flying Marvin Elliott must be a real pain in the backside to play against, we have definitiely missed him IMO.

Don't understand why I can ONLY compare them for seasons at City?

For the record, that includes a season in the Premier League for Kalifa Cisse, when they were relegated, and one where City got the Playoffs; I think their pretty even in terms of the teams they played in.

What Doyle, the two hunts compared to Johnson Byfield and trundle, reading were about a million years ahead of us not even,

the stats for city are

I don't think goals are the main element of what these players offer. Clearly Cisse helps sure up the defence, whereas Elliott is a rampaging (sometimes) box to box midfielder. It's a bit more complex to compare what they have to offer by goals alone.

I don't think goals are the main element of what these players offer. Clearly Cisse helps sure up the defence, whereas Elliott is a rampaging (sometimes) box to box midfielder. It's a bit more complex to compare what they have to offer by goals alone.

I'm just using other peoples logic,

There is nothing better then seeing Marv tracking back 40 yards and putting in a storming block or tackle at the edge of our box (which he did alot last season)

But it seems we miss liitle lee all the critcs aimed everything at him and left the other players it now seems players like marv are the ne vocal point :(

oh and the big thing Marv WANTS to play for city Cisse doesnt

Archived