IGNORED

Mark Mccammon - Racial Victimisation

Gazred

I think the point to me here is it's been investigated by a tribunal and they've found enough evidence to back up McCammon's version of events. Obviously nobody in this thread knows enough about what's happened to know for sure but we have to accept that, if an independent tribunal who've heard the version of events are satisfied he was racially discriminated against and that's the official verdict, then it'd be churlish to start disputing that without evidence.

McCammon could be the most unpleasant man on Earth and it still wouldn't justify him being racially discriminated against.

I don't think it's churlish to raise an eyebrow at the case, considering McCammon's reputation in the game.

You only have to have attended employment tribunals (as I have) to see they do occasionally make some very strange decisions - remember the burden of proof is on the employer to prove they didn't act in that way.

I can well imagine that McCammon wasn't popular with management and he attracted all that entails, but I'm sceptical as to whether any unfair treatment was specifically racist, whatever the judgement might say.

IF Gillingham's treatment of McCammon was motivated by racism then that is not only despicable by the club, but idiotic when you consider how many of English football's best players are black or mixed race. And of course a number of the current Gills squad are.

Why does the white side always lose...seriously.

They don't.

Any analysis of outcomes of Race Discrimination tribunals shows there's a very low chance of race discrimination cases succeeding and the % of successful cases is lower than other types of discrimination tribunals. The 'white side' almost never loses so I'm not really sure where your getting your information from.

Perhaps its just the case of the player being a knob,who just happens to be black and is using his skin colour to get even?

You see thats what i thought when i first read about his claims a few months back. Then you see the result of the tribunal. Surely if it was just victimisation and nothing racial (and lets be honest on the surface thats what it looks like if anything) thats what the tribunal would of found?

You see thats what i thought when i first read about his claims a few months back. Then you see the result of the tribunal. Surely if it was just victimisation and nothing racial (and lets be honest on the surface thats what it looks like if anything) thats what the tribunal would of found?

Exactly. I'd initially wondered the same but statistically tribunals are far more likely to dismiss claims than accept them and that's particularly true in racial discrimination claims. For the tribunal to have decided this would need something pretty compelling.

Archived