IGNORED

Can Someone Confirm, Entrance Music

ChrisBCFC

Judging by the BCFC player for home games in pre season players have entered to Katie Perry - Firework? can someone PLEASE confirm this isn't going to continue throughout next season at Ashton Gate?

We need music to hype the fans up and get us excited for the game, or something unique to Ashton gate that represents us.

Not some pop shit thAt most people will hate.

Thoughts?

I sincerely hope this won't be a reoccurring feature this season. I find myself surrounded by pop garbage in most places and I would rather Ashton Gate not be one of them.

I would love to see us run out to Chamber the Cartridge by Rise Against. It would never happen but it would certainly be fitting, 'pumping up' entrance music if such was ever required

....anyone else hear that the major sticking point in the Nicky Maynard contract negotiations wasn't money but his demanding the choice of music to run out to?

The club simply refused to have I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt -no matter what he or Fred said- as prematch music. :)

(well it could be true... or not)

....anyone else hear that the major sticking point in the Nicky Maynard contract negotiations wasn't money but his demanding the choice of music to run out to?

The club simply refused to have I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt -no matter what he or Fred said- as prematch music. :)

(well it could be true... or not)

Hahahahahaha Funny as **** if it could of been true!!!

The tune we have used when the players come out for the last couple of games IS Katy Perry - Firework (the instrumental version). The reason for this is because recently the players have been using music as part of their training and one of the tunes used by Derek and his staff as a motivational tune is Katy Perrys Firework.

For that reason, it was thought that to help remind the players of that inspirational training it would help to hear one of the songs used as they enter the field.

Its not set in stone that we are going to continue to use certain bits of music throughout the season, we are all for chopping and changing as the season goes on - remember last season we introduced Muse towards the end of the season as we thought the lyrics were apt to the fight that we were in at the time. So we are always on the lookout to play the right song for the right time.

I know that every fan, quite rightly, has their own individual tastes and thoughts on what music should be played just before and just after the players come out. But with that in mind you are never going to please everyone!

Some people might not like Firework, others might like it and others might not be bothered what is played at all! But we are prepared to try all sorts of different things to bring success to the club on the pitch, and if a piece of music that the players are used to might help get them in the right frame of mind pre-match then we have to at least give it a go!

I hope that helps explain a little bit why we are playing it for now.

12 months ago David Lloyd did a poll with the fans and it was decided that we would stick with the Wurzels, main reason given by the fans was the tradition of it. It would appear that this opinion no longer matters. I imagine that it doesn't fit with Price and Smith's vision of what Brand BCFC should be.

Archived