IGNORED

....and The Rollercoaster Starts Again!

BS4 on Tour...

Morning all,

What a lovely soaking wet Bristol day which seems to mirror all of our moods after last night!

However, i just want to hopefully put a bit of perspective on everything. Firstly, I respect EVERYONES' opinion on here, i spend most of my time on here just reading all the differing views and just occasionally I leap into the fray and make a comment, so here goes;

I just love how our national sport generates so much emotion amongst all of us and over the past few weeks it has been clearly evident that all of our keeness for the new season to start has been building up to a crescendo! And last night, now that the season is sort of underway all of that emotion has come pouring out with some opinions differing wildly from recent times!

Suddenly Gerken isn't good enough (he was when he came in for James at the end of last season), no-one can understand why Skuse played full back (yet some said he had found his natural position when playing there at times last season), people can't understand why our attacking midfielder Woolford was switched to left back (when some didn't even want him at the club last season), Pitman has to go (yet some think given a run he will bang in 20 goals this season) and some are even calling for Del to go (while I think we have one of the best managers outside of the Premier League) etc etc etc!

And all this after we lost a league cup game at home.

I think another 6 Championship clubs went out of the cup to lower league opposition and I know most don't carea bout any other clibs, but I wonder how Derby fans feel today after letting in 5 at home to S****horpe. And how about Brighton fans after losing 3-0 to Swindon. And can Cardiff's situation get any worse for their fans, they are forced to wear red and then lose to the Cobblers.

Are they are all slagging off their players and calling for the manager to go?? They may be, but if so that is equally as neagtive and counter-productive as some of our reactions.

As i said, i totally respect everyones' opinion on here, that's what makes it such a special game that plays a really important part in our lives.

But, do you know what?

I'm gonna take another sip of my coffee right now and think, it was only a league cup game against Gillingham. Del knows exactly what he is doing, we are all desperate to see some new signings in key positions but despite all the conjecture and rumours flying about, no-one really knows who Del has approached and how many have turned us down flat. Knowing his background as I do, he will trying flat out to improve this squad and i'm gonna give him until Christmas before I pass judgement on our start to the season.

I kmow other people want instant success and results, and I love it that you think that way, I really do, but we are in one hell of a tough division - why not try to enjoy the ride??

Archived