IGNORED

Does Del Has Something Up His Sleeve?

City_USA

I for one am very interested to see how the last few hours of the window play out. I get the feeling there could be some very late activity from Del including a very surprising deal seeing a fan favourite leaving and someone totally under the radar coming in. Going to be very interesting to find out what Dels final squad will look like.

well he's been quoted as saying DM: "Nothing happening on transfers. The squad has been named for Barnsley and at present I don't see any additions to that." further more DM: "Speculation (about players leaving) is natural but I have no need or desire to see players leave the club." So nothing currently coming in and no need or want to sell anyone currently means that the current squad is the squad for the season. Del will undoubtedly as the OP mentioned have something up his sleeve but i cant see monk coming in and i cant see adomah leaving

I think we will see 2 players come in tomorrow and 1 leave,

Templeton is the rumour on Twitter and a defender will come in,

I can see pitman going

I'm just saying that I think between now and the end of the window we're going to have a "wow never saw that one coming,Del yous genius "moment.

well he's been quoted as saying DM: "Nothing happening on transfers. The squad has been named for Barnsley and at present I don't see any additions to that." further more DM: "Speculation (about players leaving) is natural but I have no need or desire to see players leave the club." So nothing currently coming in and no need or want to sell anyone currently means that the current squad is the squad for the season. Del will undoubtedly as the OP mentioned have something up his sleeve but i cant see monk coming in and i cant see adomah leaving

when was this?

You missed: "We're still trying to strengthen in a particular position. We're talking and trying to push things along with targets but nothing yet."

We all know that Del has had several different right sided CB's on his radar but as yet hasn't signed one.

Is that because Amougou (is that official or still rumour?) is now training with City and on his way back to fitness and he'll be the missing link?

Or....maybe Del has a surprise signing set up for tommorow, one which none of us saw coming?

Or.....Del still hasn't found the right one and will look for a 5 month or season loan once the window closes.

Its anyone's guess.

I find it amusing with the way Del starts any answer to direct questions about transfers in or out ... "It would be wrong of me to stand here and say ... " :) He isn't great in front of the camera, imo, he's often looking down when answering questions, though his comments are very sound. I think he's far better in a one-to-one situation with players because it sounds as though he has been the key in selling the club to transfer targets.

Il Raderino - you have to remove your signature, I'm an Ady (Adrian), and I cannot bear to see my name desecrated in that way

A little bit of sick did actually come up when I saw that

If DMc goes for lunch tomorrow at the Avon Gorge Hotel then we will know he has something up his sleeve.

Mind you the only thing up BrooklynZoo's sleeve when he was there was the elbow he photographed!.

Younger. Of young promising cricketer that never made it fame!

Well, well, well - I only asked about you about a month back, see if anyone was still in contact

How are you? Still playing?

Apologies to all for me and young Fordy hijacking the thread!

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that Amougou is looking fitter, slimmer and motivated in training and will be signed on a Mark Wilson style contract until Christmas. That way he gets some security, we get the right sided centre half and the risk is minimal as we know what we're getting and even if he's the next Damian Stewart this season it's only until Christmas.

I for one would be happy with that.

If DMc goes for lunch tomorrow at the Avon Gorge Hotel then we will know he has something up his sleeve.

Mind you the only thing up BrooklynZoo's sleeve when he was there was the elbow he photographed!.

Don't start on the bloody elbow again Downend, I've spent hours looking at women's elbows since that thread - I think I have a fetish

My missus is due to drop on 9th Sept, I can't say a heavily pregnant elbow is doing it for me. I've not mentioned this to her!

Archived