IGNORED

Entertainment

Super

Now I am not going to talk about the desperate need for a CB as I am sure there will be a thread for that. But we are finally being entertained at last, I actually now look forward to a good game of football whereas in the past I have pretty much dreaded going to the gate. Anyone else feel the same??

Now I am not going to talk about the desperate need for a CB as I am sure there will be a thread for that. But we are finally being entertained at last, I actually now look forward to a good game of football whereas in the past I have pretty much dreaded going to the gate. Anyone else feel the same??

Couldn't agree more. Yes, the defence needs to tighten but when goals come as they have been coming at home, there is always a chance of winning. And don't forget, we were only 3 minutes away from a thrilling draw against probably the best team in the Championship. Give me a team that has a go every time.

I like this, I want to be entertained, yes the result wasn't good, But I can no longer put up with the dire games where we get a 1-0 win or 0-0 1-1 draw

I pay my money to be entertained, and I cannot grumble, we chucked it away, but it was exciting, bums on seat stuff, far better than paying a load of cash to be bored.

Couldn't agree more. Yes, the defence needs to tighten but when goals come as they have been coming at home, there is always a chance of winning. And don't forget, we were only 3 minutes away from a thrilling draw against probably the best team in the Championship. Give me a team that has a go every time.

Well in an ideal world ,yes, but still give me a 1-niler any day. For me, from my perspective results are everything.

Well in an ideal world ,yes, but still give me a 1-niler any day. For me, from my perspective results are everything.

No, the world is not ideal; which is why when the ref doesn't know what he is doing and the game goes on just a bit too long, you get hurt BUT we are one player away from having a goodish team that can compete for a play-off place and that team has been made from a bunch of no-hopers last year. We are playing and competing and scoring goals and entertaining large home crowds. The results will come.

No, the world is not ideal; which is why when the ref doesn't know what he is doing and the game goes on just a bit too long, you get hurt BUT we are one player away from having a goodish team that can compete for a play-off place and that team has been made from a bunch of no-hopers last year. We are playing and competing and scoring goals and entertaining large home crowds. The results will come.

Mate, I totally agree with you, just saying given the choice today would have prefered a poor 1-0 .

One of the biggest changes for me is the fact we don't roll over as soon as we concede one, del has instilled a never say die attitude into the team and it shows, we fought tooth and nail until the final whistle and thats all I can ask for of the players/

Well too be honest, I'm paying to watch the game, so in this case I don't really care what DMC would think. That is no sleight against him, as I am fully behind him and his team. I've been watching games at the gate for over 40 years and I hope to do another 40. If we had to put up with long run of tedious games, even if we did win I-0 I wouldn't be tempted to hang around.

Ask Dmc what he would rather.

Don't care what Del likes :) If they keep playing like that the club will have my money, if we start going back to uncreative toss where we lose 3-0 2-0 1-0, then i will start to lose interest again.

I want to be entertained, football has become boring, and with that my love for the game has waned, for the first time in a very long time, way before tinman was in charge, there is something to look forward to again on a Saturday and a Tuesday, instead the insipid dread of another abject performance.

Long may it continue

Don't care what Del likes :) If they keep playing like that the club will have my money, if we start going back to uncreative toss where we lose 3-0 2-0 1-0, then i will start to lose interest again.

I want to be entertained, football has become boring, and with that my love for the game has waned, for the first time in a very long time, way before tinman was in charge, there is something to look forward to again on a Saturday and a Tuesday, instead the insipid dread of another abject performance.

Long may it continue

Great post.

It was fantastic! At 3-3 entering added on , it was odds on someone was gonna win the game, and when they went 4-3 you still thought we could come back. Sadly not, but the simple idea that it was a distinct possibility contrasts hugely with the mindset we've been carrying for the last few years. With Albert on his game and players like Davies and Baldock on the pitch, we're gonna be fun to watch this year.

Am i the only one who doesn't find goals going in our net enjoyable then? ;)

I can watch entertaining games when it's two teams I don't care about,but with City I just want us to win.

Your not alone, i get far too passionate about city down the Gate for me to be grateful for entertainment, yes its great when we go in front, then losing, then pull it back... But we ended up losing today, so it was entertaining at parts (us scoring!) but we lost a game i thought we should of drawn. The ref make some terrible decisions, and at times the game was incredibly frustrating... Their 3rd!! Fontaine i think miscontrolling when he's the last man back and give them a clear 1v1 on goal...Annoying! So entertainment is great, especially if we win, but entertaining and losing, or a boring game and us scraping a win? Win every time for me.

Your not alone, i get far too passionate about city down the Gate for me to be grateful for entertainment, yes its great when we go in front, then losing, then pull it back... But we ended up losing today, so it was entertaining at parts (us scoring!) but we lost a game i thought we should of drawn. The ref make some terrible decisions, and at times the game was incredibly frustrating... Their 3rd!! Fontaine i think miscontrolling when he's the last man back and give them a clear 1v1 on goal...Annoying! So entertainment is great, especially if we win, but entertaining and losing, or a boring game and us scraping a win? Win every time for me.

Boring 1-0 occasionally, but when you've had the last few seasons of shite that we've had to endure, entertainment is most welcome.

I have been going to AG since 1976 and this was one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen. The standard of football on display today from both sides was (with a few exceptions) at Premier League level throughout.

Considering we dominated the first 30 mins, a defeat was unfair and I wish the clock had stopped at 3- 3. Which would have been a fair result.

Like (probably) most of the crowd, me and my mates came away in the best spirit we have ever had after a home defeat over recent years.

We will play worse than that and win games this season.

Great post, I'm glad there are a couple of guys on here that think as I do.

If I want classic games, I'll watch MOTD. I wonder what our gates would be like if we had a string of 5-3 defeats? I imagine the novelty would soon wear a bit thin, not to mention us propping up the table !

If I want classic games, I'll watch MOTD. I wonder what our gates would be like if we had a string of 5-3 defeats? I imagine the novelty would soon wear a bit thin, not to mention us propping up the table !

Got to be better than the 1-0 and 2-0 defeats though, at least we have some goals to celebrate.

At the end of the day, successful teams on the whole entertain, they usually end up having scored near enough the most goals.

If we can entertain to a mid table finish, rather than bore to the same position, then I know what I want.

I'm sure one reason we get disappointing gates is so many fans have been put off by season after season of far too many tedious games at Ashton Gate.

We lost today but it was another fantastically entertaining game after we won the first two home games in stirring fashion, notching 4 goals in each, in direct contrast to our previously dire reputation as perpetual low scorers whose games were all too often low scoring and monotonous.

If we get in a relegation battle no doubt we'll go back to grinding out results in attritional fashion. Meanwhile the fans who saw today's epic will be champing at the bit for the next home game and the word will be going round Bristol, and beyond, that if you want entertainment, excitement, value for money and GOALS then Ashton Gate is the place to be.

The result didn't go our way today Del, but more of the same please - we won't win every time whatever style we play, but if we witness the level of entertainment and attacking intent on offer in the first 3 home games the fans will be more than happy, the gates will go up, and we'll win more than enough games to have a very satisfying season.

I'm sure one reason we get disappointing gates is so many fans have been put off by season after season of far too many tedious games at Ashton Gate.

We lost today but it was another fantastically entertaining game after we won the first two home games in stirring fashion, notching 4 goals in each, in direct contrast to our previously dire reputation as perpetual low scorers whose games were all too often low scoring and monotonous.

If we get in a relegation battle no doubt we'll go back to grinding out results in attritional fashion. Meanwhile the fans who saw today's epic will be champing at the bit for the next home game and the word will be going round Bristol, and beyond, that if you want entertainment, excitement, value for money and GOALS then Ashton Gate is the place to be.

The result didn't go our way today Del, but more of the same please - we won't win every time whatever style we play, but if we witness the level of entertainment and attacking intent on offer in the first 3 home games the fans will be more than happy, the gates will go up, and we'll win more than enough games to have a very satisfying season.

Completely agree Nogbad.

We managed to score three against a very good side in Blackburn and any lesser side could have been onto a good stuffing from us. If that defence can be shored up, we'll have nothing to worry about this year and it's a great feeling looking forward to going down the gate again.

Things must be looking up because I was really pissed off coming out from the game yesterday and only a small part of it was caused by our defending. It was mainly due to having got used to abject performances over the last 2 or 3 years when we've been almost resigned to defeat. It got to the point of just giving a shrug of resignation at the almost inevitable loss of another three points. Yesterday was so different because I felt we really deserved something from a great game and I really cared because we are now really competing with the best.

We now have a team to be proud of and I'd take attacking football any time, over the 90 minute bore fests we became used to.

We'll win far more than we lose with this side, especially if we can get the central defence issue sorted.

We've had to suffer boring football at AG for far too long.

Great game today, we'll win the next 8 goal thriller. :yes:

A fantastic game against Blackburn but the wrong result. A lot of City fans were applauding at the end of the game and you don't usually get that at the end of a game we've lost. The Blackburn supporters must be real hardened Northern nutters wanting to get rid of a manager that gets his team producing that kind of display.

Archived