IGNORED

Negative Fans....what Do You Want?

biggythecity

Been looking at all the comments after yesterdays game,ok defending was at times shocking(not just blaming defence for that) but what do you want!!I was gutted we lost but came away thinking what a great game,entertaining which is why i go to watch footie and fully commited,del will sort out defending but as i have said before would rather lose 5-3 than 1-0 if you would rather lose with a whimper thats up to you but love to be entertained and we will win lots more than we lose playing like that COYR in del we trust

Been looking at all the comments after yesterdays game,ok defending was at times shocking(not just blaming defence for that) but what do you want!!I was gutted we lost but came away thinking what a great game,entertaining which is why i go to watch footie and fully commited,del will sort out defending but as i have said before would rather lose 5-3 than 1-0 if you would rather lose with a whimper thats up to you but love to be entertained and we will win lots more than we lose playing like that COYR in del we trust

You're in good company.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/148794-entertainment/

I may have been one of "negatorys" that the OP was on about.

Of course I would rather see us lose like that than go down in a misarable 0-1 defeat.

My point was to guys who came on here saying what a cracking game it was and came out quite happy.

I HATE losing, especially at home and was not feeling in the best of humours when I got home.

My point was I would rather us win with a crap performance than lose to a brilliant one.

I suppose you could say I love City more than football itself, fair comment. I do enjoy the way we are playing at the moment and love the attacking options we provide and hope we go on this way, but I will NEVER put performance over result.

If that makes me a sad bastard, then so be it, but I've been nearly 50 years this way and I don't think it's going to change any time soon ! :0)

It's not about being negative. It's about highlighting....again....how important at least one new centre half is.

The first 12-15 games of a season are important and will normally give you an indication of where you are heading. At the minute, 2 wins....3 defeats....and 5 Goals at home in one game.

18 months we have needed the commanding centre half....that's gone past the "be patient we have to wait for through right player" stage.

Get it sorted....we don't want to get dragged down by The rabble below.

On a positive note, going forward we look the best we've seen since we got promoted. I'm happy with our progress....but just because we have improved, it doesn't mean we should accept conceding 5 at home

Of course I would rather see us lose like that than go down in a misarable 0-1 defeat.

My point was to guys who came on here saying what a cracking game it was and came out quite happy.

I HATE losing, especially at home and was not feeling in the best of humours when I got home.

My point was I would rather us win with a crap performance than lose to a brilliant one.

I suppose you could say I love City more than football itself, fair comment. I do enjoy the way we are playing at the moment and love the attacking options we provide and hope we go on this way, but I will NEVER put performance over result.

If that makes me a sad bastard, then so be it, but I've been nearly 50 years this way and I don't think it's going to change any time soon ! :0)

I don't blame you, we all want to win every game and I can see what you're saying. Personally I've always said that I'd rather go nowhere playing football than get to the top playing none, but there we go. I think that a lot of people are understandably relieved that we are playing some good football this season, particularly after the non-entertainment of the last few seasons... I genuinely believe that Saturday's display would have been good enough to put away a lot of teams in this division, even with our defensive frailties.

Totally agree. I clapped EVERYONE off the pitch yesterday, they deserved it. Easily the most entertaining game I have witnessed at the Gate in my time. However, if it happened week in, week out and with the same outcome then the natives would become restless.

"when you go into a pub and say you've been to the game, NOBODY says How did they play, just, How did they get on ?"

Quite on the contrary sir, after the Bardiff game, I was asked by an old timer who had clearly fell out of love with City "How did they play today then? Still playing like that ***** Millen told them?" without asking what the actual score was. I was shocked, told him we played Bardiff off the park and he just said "every dog has it's day".

Totally agree. I clapped EVERYONE off the pitch yesterday, they deserved it. Easily the most entertaining game I have witnessed at the Gate in my time. However, if it happened week in, week out and with the same outcome then the natives would become restless.

Personally I preferred the previous game. Four goals and a WIN against Cardiff. What is better than that?

But... Agreed this was also entertaining!

After ten games I'm sure we'll be in a position significantly better off than any season in the past few years, by which I mean the squad we've assembled, style of play and management as much as anything else.

But a lot needs to be said for entertainment. Cardiff and Blackburn were not just entertaining games, they were among the most roller-coaster like and impressive I've seen since I was a small lad (and Palace wasn't half-bad either). Yes, the defending was poor (though I still thought Foster and Cunningham had strong games) but it's become so public that that is what Del has been trying to sort out for months. Not stop-gaps, no half measures. That was last season when we were struggling to survive.

When a supporter pays £20 for a ticket seeing the team gain points is the desired aim, but sometimes a loss can be more entertaining than a 0-0 draw at home to Ipswich which gave watching paint dry a bad name. Not to mention the quality on show when players like Mauro Formica can't even get on the pitch. We should consider ourselves lucky that this is the level we're at and what we are privileged to watch now.

After ten games I'm sure we'll be in a position significantly better off than any season in the past few years, by which I mean the squad we've assembled, style of play and management as much as anything else.

But a lot needs to be said for entertainment. Cardiff and Blackburn were not just entertaining games, they were among the most roller-coaster like and impressive I've seen since I was a small lad (and Palace wasn't half-bad either). Yes, the defending was poor (though I still thought Foster and Cunningham had strong games) but it's become so public that that is what Del has been trying to sort out for months. Not stop-gaps, no half measures. That was last season when we were struggling to survive.

When a supporter pays £20 for a ticket seeing the team gain points is the desired aim, but sometimes a loss can be more entertaining than a 0-0 draw at home to Ipswich which gave watching paint dry a bad name. Not to mention the quality on show when players like Mauro Formica can't even get on the pitch. We should consider ourselves lucky that this is the level we're at and what we are privileged to watch now.

You'll find that being grateful for what we have is not a trait that sits easy here.

Lots of positives to be taken from the Blackburn game in my opinion.

We played well as a team and showed some great attacking play, and had it not been for a couple of individual defensive errors we could have easily held on for a point. On top of that I think Blackburn look like a team going straight back up; especially with Rhodes who will no doubt be a class pl player. The fact that we are still playing entertaining football in defeat is a real sign of progress.

Archived