IGNORED

"the Walking Dead" Thread

BS3_RED

So.... to all those that watch the above mentioned series....

What did you think of the series three opener? I thought it was of a really high quality, addressing many of the concerns that some fans raised during the last series.

So what did you think?????

A lot faster paced than the second series!!

Thought that it was excellent, although why they wasted bullets when first entering the prison grounds did baffle me.

They certainly managed to portray the harrowing nature of post apocalyptic survival supremely well, barely foraging enough food to live from one day to the next.

I look forward to the next episode with great anticipation that the remainder of the remains at the high standard set in the opener. Indeed, one of the actresses in a recent interview alluded to the criticism received in series 2 and sought to assuage fears with promise of a lot more action to come.

I thought it was ok. Good ending to the episode for sure.

But I dont know, just to me it doesnt feel wholly realistic when 4-5 of em are taking out hordes of zombies without firearms and nobody is bit. Until of course Hershel wasnt careful. But that was after.

And the recoil free guns annoys me. So does the supreme range of a handgun up a watch tower.

I thought it was good. I actually really liked series 2 though also. didnt realise it had come in for a lot of stick

after series 2 i had a sneaky look at comic book plotlines on wikipedia.

I was surprised to see that there appears to be enough material there for about another 10 series, plus they are still writing more.

if people keep watching it it cold go on for ages. Some of comic book storylines appear to be very dark also. sounds great, wonder if it will get toned down for telly.

they have already said they dont feel the need to stick rigorously to the comic plot

I have just watched episode two ( i am to impatient to wait for Friday) and it follows on from ep 1 brilliantly. I love how dark Rik has /is becoming. Easily the best show on TV at the moment.

I'd say Game of Thrones matches it.

Homeland is really good too, plus i know i'm miles behind but i'm 2 series into Breaking Bad and that is class also

Homeland is really good too, plus i know i'm miles behind but i'm 2 series into Breaking Bad and that is class also

I have to agree about Games Of Thrones (esp with the white walkers at the end of S2), another outstanding piece of TV.Not ever watched Homeland though i have season 1 downloaded. I will have to watch it sometime.

My favourite TV programme of all time -easily better than 24, Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead - series 2 is very good, especially with the mentally unhinged Tucco. Series 4 is as good as TV gets, especially the back-stories of the new drug lord and the climactic ending to the series.

Back to Walking Dead, and like BS3 Red, I too was impatient and watched the second episode last night. Have to say, so far, it is extraordinarily gory, but like the undercurrent of the entire programme, strong ethical and moral judgements continue to present themselves in interesting ways.

SPOILER ALERT IN WHITE TEXT BELOW

Although Ricks wife, Lori(?) pissed me off no end - she's up in arms when Rick defends himself and kills Shane, yet she has no compunction about killing a bunch of "innocent" prisoners,

Games of thrones is a good watch but just a little complicated at times. I find it difficult to remember whose who much of the time. For me Walking Dead is top drawer and as others have said the best thing on TV just now. Its exciting, brutal and psychological. Like all survivor series/films the viewer identifies with the characters and what they'd do in their situation.

I've watched True Blood since the first series and rate it very highly as well. Russell Eddington has to be the greatest villain on TV at the moment.

To all those gentlemen who remember my postings 6 months ago about the Walking Dead comic #1.

A 9.6 copy has sold for $1600

A 9.8 copy has sold for $2780

A 9.9 copy has just sold for $7288.

I have 6 copies - I am happy to sell 1 for a 1000 pounds.Plus postage.

I told you all to buy one.

I think it was Easton something.

The best selling and most likely to make a huge profit are:

Peter panzerfaust #1 - soon to be a BBC TV show - the producer has previously done Torchwood and Dr Who. Buy at 100 quid.

Saga #1 - buy at 10 quid - next Star wars.

Revival #1 - awesome comic - soon to be an HBO series buy at 30 quid

Bedlam - out 31/10/2012 - buy it wherever you can.

Advance copies from NYCC are selling for $100 raw. Cover price $5.

Thief of Thieves #1 - sell...

These are the best selling comics of 2012.

Take these tips and make a bit of spare cash.

'Twas me!!!

I bought 30 copies of Revival #1 £2.10 each, currently at around £7-8 each. I have been selling my #2's(lower print run) for £18 each (again £2.10 outlay!)

I have 20 copies of Bedlam pre-ordered

Thief of Thieves, Peter Panzerfaust - can't find any #1's below £35-£40

Plus have 20 copies of Happy #1, which although has sold terribly (plenty of #1's still in Forbidden Planet), has just been optioned into a film by DMZ (director of The Man With The Iron Fists).

I have seen Saga 1-6 sold as a set for £18 fp NM's.

Watched it last night. Brilliant show and utterly unpredictable. Can't wait for Rick to meet the Governor............ then again he may not. You just can't tell with this show.

I read somewher that 'the governor' is voted in the top 10 comic book villains of all time. This would suggest more great tv to come!

I read somewher that 'the governor' is voted in the top 10 comic book villains of all time. This would suggest more great tv to come!

Ive read the "rise of the governor" book, and I would recommend it, just as many "wow" moments as the series and is also the story of how the governor got to lead Woodbury. Just received "the road to woodbury" book and will let you know what I think when ive completed reading it.

Ive read the "rise of the governor" book, and I would recommend it, just as many "wow" moments as the series and is also the story of how the governor got to lead Woodbury. Just received "the road to woodbury" book and will let you know what I think when ive completed reading it.

I have ordered it and look forward to reading it.

It's bloody great, isn't it.

And the comics aren't getting any cheaper.

I have a batch arriving within the next 10-12 weeks inc #1 all the way upto #107

Some CGC 9.8 some raw.

If you want any,let me know.

Great prices to City fans.....(or even comics for cider toward the end of the season! Holiday time....if approved - frickin bosses)

Regardless - I reckon at the end of season 3 Rick, and *the others* (it would be a BIG spoiler) group together and form a paramilitary group to take back Washington - 1 suburb at a time.

Sorry it's vague,but I would really drop some bombshells if I posted what I know.

Enjoy!

What you know? What from the comics?

Could have sworn there was a walking dead thread on this forum - but cannot find it............... damnit - where was it.....

To those with access to US aired shows - it returns tonight, can't wait, especially after the Governor finishing story at the end of the last few episodes.

Archived