IGNORED

If Derek Leaves....

Bat Fastard

Virtually all the back room staff have now been recruited by Derek and are "his men". Will they leave with him or stay and try to work with a new manager? Either way it could be an expensive exercise and would have no guarantee to improve matters on the pitch.

Clearly the players are not playing for Del because their attitude looks shot - and he seems unable to lift them. The one thing that could save his (and our) bacon is to recruit new CH and CMs with real leadership qualities, who can take the team by the scruff of the neck to a position of safety. Whatever happens it is now down to the board to support or fire Del and try to show some leadership. I hope that he can survive and build on from here because he has shown that he has an eye for a player and should be given a chance to complete the rebuilding of the team.

COYR

Virtually all the back room staff have now been recruited by Derek and are "his men". Will they leave with him or stay and try to work with a new manager? Either way it could be an expensive exercise and would have no guarantee to improve matters on the pitch.

Clearly the players are not playing for Del because their attitude looks shot - and he seems unable to lift them. The one thing that could save his (and our) bacon is to recruit new CH and CMs with real leadership qualities, who can take the team by the scruff of the neck to a position of safety. Whatever happens it is now down to the board to support or fire Del and try to show some leadership. I hope that he can survive and build on from here because he has shown that he has an eye for a player and should be given a chance to complete the rebuilding of the team.

COYR

I hope he can turn it round as well, but I can't believe that allowing someone to brring in the number of people he has is sensible. Even Pep Guardiola at Barca didn't have that kind of power - they have an an infrastructure that includes a director of football, scouting and youth player recruitment and development. There, the first team coach and his assistant are just that - we seem to have bet the farm on Del succeeding.

Archived