IGNORED

Eastend Stewards Yesterday?

Red Knowle

It was completely unnecessary. So I could leave the east end to beat the queue at the dolman bar, I told the steward I was going home. On our return, he said we couldn't come in because I lied.

Let that be a lesson to you all, no lying to stewards or you will have 3 of them surround you, push you, call on their special mic for back up, have the 4 operational support team come over and film you, and then you can smugly walk in !

A few games back in the East End after we scored those same fans surged down the stairs knocking a young boy off of his chair.The boy was in tears and badly shaken and his slightly older brother spent the rest of the game looking over his shoulder.When we scored a second they did exactly the same thing crashing into the same group.Not a steward in sight as usual when they are needed.Before anyone starts on about kids etc remember this is our future fan base.

A few games back in the East End after we scored those same fans surged down the stairs knocking a young boy off of his chair.The boy was in tears and badly shaken and his slightly older brother spent the rest of the game looking over his shoulder.When we scored a second they did exactly the same thing crashing into the same group.Not a steward in sight as usual when they are needed.Before anyone starts on about kids etc remember this is our future fan base.

I'm not condoning what those fans did, but surely it would make sense to put a young boy somewhere other than next to away fans?

I can't understand that the club are trying to save money yet they still bring in a private security firm against Blackpool! I can understand millwall, Leeds etc but yesterday all they did was p!ss people off they had nothing to do so went looking to find problems. Another thing I can't understand is "fire risk" standing in the gangways- surely if there's a fire they will be the first people to get out of the way!

I can't understand that the club are trying to save money yet they still bring in a private security firm against Blackpool! I can understand millwall, Leeds etc but yesterday all they did was p!ss people off they had nothing to do so went looking to find problems. Another thing I can't understand is "fire risk" standing in the gangways- surely if there's a fire they will be the first people to get out of the way!

If the stand was on fire, which i think is impossible, what would catch fire? Then people stood in the stairs, wouldnt just continue to stand there blocking people from leaving.

Were they G4S by any chance ?

I was referring to the incident by the gangway not near the away fans.I am also pro standing but people do need to show some consideration to other fans.I am old enough to remember the days of people getting crushed against the barriers in the East End years back.Caused some nasty injuries.:

I was referring to the incident by the gangway not near the away fans.I am also pro standing but people do need to show some consideration to other fans.I am old enough to remember the days of people getting crushed against the barriers in the East End years back.Caused some nasty injuries.:

Ah ok, i read that as he was next to the away fans.

It was completely unnecessary. So I could leave the east end to beat the queue at the dolman bar, I told the steward I was going home. On our return, he said we couldn't come in because I lied.

Let that be a lesson to you all, no lying to stewards or you will have 3 of them surround you, push you, call on their special mic for back up, have the 4 operational support team come over and film you, and then you can smugly walk in !

I think we have all told a few littles lies in the past, I thought this song was suitable. I like the lyrics....

"Oh no you can't come inside!"

Perhaps we could have a new chant for the stewards.

So we now have chairs on stairs do we? most odd.

The lad was stood on the chair at the end of the aisle.He got knocked off and hurt as they rushed past.For what it's worth I have not seen his family since although that may not be related and they may have gone to a different part of the ground.

I think we have all told a few littles lies in the past, I thought this song was suitable. I like the lyrics....

"Oh no you can't come inside!"

Perhaps we could have a new chant for the stewards.

Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette now Stevie Nicks, sigh

In my opinion

market research by the club me thinks.

New set of stewards with a new mandate do a good job and you'll be employed in the future

Stewards thinks that a mandate of implementing every rule in the book

Therefor making it an uncomfortable environment for City fans

Maybe an e-mail of complaint to the club or Geoff twentyman or Steve Le feve at BBC Bristol

or maybe to AMANDA JACKS of the FSF That should mean a more sensible method

of stewarding for the next game against Wolves.

Archived