Brooklyn - That Beckham kid has everything

Edwards - Motors in Nailsea ?

Bennys - Loved him in Crossroads

Level - 42 ?

Bar room Bar - say what ?

The Rock - prefer Stone Cold

Ether - good for a nights sleep

Triangle snooker club - Top place. Been with my son a few times

No mention of The Depot on Lawrence Hill roundabout?

Bristol hasn't been the same since that place closed; Acidic, Ripsnorter, Deathrow Techno, Vagisness, and a bunch of others. Some still do the odd night but it's not the same, in size or spirit. Tribe of Frog at Lakota probably comes closest.

What happened to Castro's as well?

No mention of The Depot on Lawrence Hill roundabout?

Bristol hasn't been the same since that place closed; Acidic, Ripsnorter, Deathrow Techno, Vagisness, and a bunch of others. Some still do the odd night but it's not the same, in size or spirit. Tribe of Frog at Lakota probably comes closest.

What happened to Castro's as well?

Castro's is now known as The Exchange and has live music.

I'd imagine its only a leasehold anyway? Always assumed Odeon/Rank Group (whoever it is these days) still holds the freehold of the entire original odeon building.

The Alex.... Rings a bell but it was a long time ago and every visit was under the influence of a combination of mind altering substances....

Christ, haven't thought of the Alex for years, next door to the nine o clock shop (it was something for a shop to stay open to nine o clock in the 1970s). I lived round the corner in Royal Park and the Alex was a haven after closing time.

Jeepers, I too remember McKluskys, Evo, Brannigans (grab a granny nites!), The Works being over 21s on a Sat night and even though the bouncers knew I was 18, I used to just waltz past them...

Reflex was a good gig, Chicagos, Sports Bar... I miss Bar Me (Baldwin St - twas full of kids but cheap) and Bar Excellence. Now spend my time frequenting pubs, rather than town...

Archived