IGNORED

History Of Bristol Nightlife (Merged)

Big Red Rich

1 minute ago, MattWSM said:

Or to Rendevous chippy for chips n curry Source next to Harvey's at back of hippodrome 

Yes mate, spot on! Nothing said you had a good night like sitting on the pavement scoffing your Large Battered Sausage, Chips and Curry Source opposite Piss Alley! Happiest of days. 

I remember going to Papillon circa 1986, my friend cried on my t shirt and got electric blue mascara all over it.

We used to go to the Studio for goth night (was it called The Garden?), Busby's goth night, both around 1990/91. Hatchett's or the Hatchet, went there about 2014 for Goth night upstairs! Mid 90s, we went to Chicago Rock, McClusky's, a place in Clifton Down Shopping Centre, and the last place we used to frequent was The Lizzard Lounge (we were in there when Sir Steve Redgrave got his fifth gold medal at the Sydney games. They put the telly on whatever time of the morning it was). Umm, and Reflex…

We used to get chip butty and garlic mayonnaise from the place next to the burger place near the Hippodrome. Sometimes we'd go to Benny's for pizza on Park Street and sometimes go for a meal at The Marigold (?) at 2am in the morning… ?  Was it Greek food? It was actually ok as far as I remember.  I remember going to a place on the lefthand side of Park St that had a balcony all around the top, we all sort of fell asleep on the tables. God knows how we got home.

I'll have a read through the thread, there's probably some places I've forgotten…

16 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I remember going to Papillon circa 1986, my friend cried on my t shirt and got electric blue mascara all over it.

We used to go to the Studio for goth night (was it called The Garden?), Busby's goth night, both around 1990/91. Hatchett's or the Hatchet, went there about 2014 for Goth night upstairs! Mid 90s, we went to Chicago Rock, McClusky's, a place in Clifton Down Shopping Centre, and the last place we used to frequent was The Lizzard Lounge (we were in there when Sir Steve Redgrave got his fifth gold medal at the Sydney games. They put the telly on whatever time of the morning it was). Umm, and Reflex…

We used to get chip butty and garlic mayonnaise from the place next to the burger place near the Hippodrome. Sometimes we'd go to Benny's for pizza on Park Street and sometimes go for a meal at The Marigold (?) at 2am in the morning… ?  Was it Greek food? It was actually ok as far as I remember.  I remember going to a place on the lefthand side of Park St that had a balcony all around the top, we all sort of fell asleep on the tables. God knows how we got home.

I'll have a read through the thread, there's probably some places I've forgotten…

Was there with you lot that night! Pretty surreal. 

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Arnos Court, became The Parkside/Darkside/ParknRide ?

OMG. Well i remember those years well. For some reason me and my mates from Stockwood always ended up with some sweeling and brussies the next day

57 minutes ago, City oz said:

OMG. Well i remember those years well. For some reason me and my mates from Stockwood always ended up with some sweeling and brussies the next day

good times good times and will always be rememberd 

On 13/07/2021 at 07:32, TomF said:

..SWX aka Papillons, The Works, Top Rank, Baileys, Romeo and Juliets, Odyssey and Syndicate currently on fire :( 

I went to Papillons years ago and had a great night and stopped off at the black & white cafe on the way home.

Also our Brunel Rooms wasn't bad back in the day with many travelling from outside Swindon 

18 hours ago, Calculus said:

Was called Reeves (The Ultimate Night Club) even before that. Mid 70s I think.

Anyone ever try the Mandrake or the Hawthorns?

Hawthorns I recall was one of the few places open on a Sunday evening.

Another Sunday night venue a few years earlier was the Spyglass. 

Not Bristol related as my clubbing years were in Torquay.

I'm going back to the 70s so counting a lot of you young un's out.

There were a lot from all over the country that came to Torquay for the night life and a lot of the jocks stayed, they even formed a decent football side and went up through the local leagues playing in the Celtic hoops.

Anyway anyone holiday down there and remember any of these clubs.

The Compass,400 club,Carousel,Scotch club (witch later was Tiffs) Rockingham, Clair's,Mr Matts. Compass was a great club,right next to the harbour and on 4 levels.

Couple in Paignton, Penelope's and Pacific witch were both part or the Tembani hotel. Pacific was the place to go if you wanted to get up to date with any new Soul sounds from the States.

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It is, and I remember popping over for a crafty beer on the occasional summer lunchtime.

They used to sell a lovely pint, so nice I can’t remember what it was called.

Hofmeister?

Archived